Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: storm lake barrels are not good for cast. please read.

Boolit Buddy
    Tac 1 is beeswax and stp I think. With maybe something else also. Buy it from a guy on here. Guys have nothing but great things to say about it.

I tried some tumble lubed alox and it still leaded the same.

Boolit Grand Master
    I would expect tumble lubed alox to make things worse. Give 50/50 a try. If that doesn't help it's not able to be helped by lube. Assuming the barrel's finish isn't contributing, that is. More jacketed is good to find out if this is the case.

Boolit Master

Tac 1 is made by RandyRat. I think it is 3 parts beeswax and 1 part Zip lube. Zip lube is comparable (or maybe exactly the same) to bullplate lube.

Boolit Buddy
    If i could get my pics to upload I could show u how much lead I am talking. After 5 shots when I cleaned it I had a pile bigger than a dime almost a quarter in size. It's a lot of lead.

It ain't the lube.

Try a pb gas check or sell the bbl.

Boolit Master
    I agree. Sell the bbl to someone who doesn't cast. Go get the bbl that's made right.

Boolit Buddy
    That is what I will have to do. Just sad that the barrel with the best chamber support now has the loosest throat on the market. I wish they would see their mistake and make them tight again. Lots of people are going to get burnt on these barrels and storm lake does not care. So much for customer service.

Boolit Buddy
    I contacted my lawyer and gave them all the info. All emails and everything else I have showing everything that has happened.

They are going to be getting.in contact with storm.lake. at this point is the principle of things. Seeing they advertise match grade with a tolerance of .001. That is def not what I got.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    I contacted my lawyer and gave them all the info. All emails and everything else I have showing everything that has happened.

They are going to be getting.in contact with storm.lake. at this point is the principle of things. Seeing they advertise match grade with a tolerance of .001. That is def not what I got.
    A Lawyer? Holy COW. Tell you what I'll give you $10.00 plus shipping. Let's start an auction.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    A Lawyer? Holy COW. Tell you what I'll give you $10.00 plus shipping. Let's start an auction.
    Yeah I don't accept getting lied to. If u are going to sell something you state it better be what u state. I have taken on the city many times here and have not ever lost. And a few manufacturers also. So this will not be any different. I am a firm believer in honesty. I have no wiggle room for lying or telling it not how it is.

All they would have had to do is refund me. But I guess that was too simple. So we will make it hard.

Boolit Grand Master
    Pursuing it with a lawyer might not be the way to come out on top. If you have even the slightest chance of making it worth your while some amount of reasonable effort on your part to address what you could is expected as a kind of documentation. So trying a few things before giving up is is a good idea. They'll ask you "how do you know?"

To make sure you're covering the bases, a few more efforts couldn't hurt. Then that angle is better covered. Just how well does it shoot, anyway? With whatever it does well with, that is.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Pursuing it with a lawyer might not be the way to come out on top. If you have even the slightest chance of making it worth your while some amount of reasonable effort on your part to address what you could is expected as a kind of documentation. So trying a few things before giving up is is a good idea. They'll ask you "how do you know?"

To make sure you're covering the bases, a few more efforts couldn't hurt. Then that angle is better covered. Just how well does it shoot, anyway? With whatever it does well with, that is.

I have it covered. Tried everything asked too. Different sizes. Lube and even fired off a lot of javketed to break it in. I have lots of documentation. Pics, screenshots of the description of the specs. I an sure once the letter gets there is will be handled quickly.

Boolit Master

ctious,

I'm not going to dispute your experience or your measurements at all.

I do have issue with your thread title, though. If you had qualified it with the caliber it would be a lot more acceptable.

I just have to state for the record that I have a Storm Lake in 45 for the 1911, I broke it in with cast boolits and it continues to be awesome with cast boolits. Maybe I wouldn't be happy if it was .40, but we can't write off the entire company for one bad caliber, or indeed, maybe one bad barrel.

HF

Had a similar experience with a LWD barrel but I chalked it up to a $100 lesson and moved on. No need to waste time and money on going legal with that nonsense.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    ctious,

I'm not going to dispute your experience or your measurements at all.

I do have issue with your thread title, though. If you had qualified it with the caliber it would be a lot more acceptable.

I just have to state for the record that I have a Storm Lake in 45 for the 1911, I broke it in with cast boolits and it continues to be awesome with cast boolits. Maybe I wouldn't be happy if it was .40, but we can't write off the entire company for one bad caliber, or indeed, maybe one bad barrel.

HF
    It's the new barrels that are loose. They changed reamers.
    What I was told they over size them now to not have feeding issues that need a barrel opened up for bullet profiles. From my conversations it sounds like they did this with all calibers. Not just 40.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    Had a similar experience with a LWD barrel but I chalked it up to a $100 lesson and moved on. No need to waste time and money on going legal with that nonsense.
    Legal cost is nothing to me. Does not cost me a dime. So for me to go this route is no problem. As for u accepting the loss u had that is your choice. I personality don't accept losses that are not caused by myself.

Banned
    "Legal cost is nothing to me. Does not cost me a dime."

They always told me that if someone tells you "it's free", that just means you haven't found out how much it's going to cost you yet.

"I personality don't accept losses that are not caused by myself."

Yours must be an interesting life.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    "Legal cost is nothing to me. Does not cost me a dime."

They always told me that if someone tells you "it's free", that just means you haven't found out how much it's going to cost you yet.

"I personality don't accept losses that are not caused by myself."

Yours must be an interesting life.
    Law firm is on retainer has been for years. I get many many hours a year for free included with being on retainer. Family trust pays that.

My life is great. No one attempts to screw with me. The ones that have learned that it will cost them big time. This case is minor. But morals and principle of it require responce.

Banned
    "Law firm is on retainer has been for years. I get many many hours a year for free included with being on retainer. Family trust pays that."

I've always said, never mess with someone with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Banned

"I've always said, never mess with someone with a silver spoon in their mouth."

And zeros out their time