MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: holster for beretta 92

Boolit Mold

holster for beretta 92

Looking for a holster for my 92 , any advice would be helpful Thanks Chick

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the forum chick.Lots of great holsters out there for the Beretta 92.A bit more information is needed though.What are you looking to do , concealed carry I recommend a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II , Comp-Tac or Raven.Several people like Crossbreed.As far as woods walking I like the Military issue Bianchi flap style.Lots of choices and we even have some holster makers on here if you prefer leather.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Mold
    Yes, leather ,just to carry in the woods or around the place I was looking at a galco cm202 or a Don Hume . Just dont know

Boolit Master
    The military issue holster is pretty cool. Its got a nice loop to pull that opens the flap in an instant. It also easily clips on your belt, without having to take your belt loose. I used to see them at gun shows for around $20, and are worth much more than that in my opinion.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Le Loup Solitaire
    +1 on the military holster. It is made by Bianchi and is an OD color. It is convertible from right to left handed or visa-versa. Also has a cleaning rod in it. Good flap coverage with quick release loop and wire tie-down on the holster bottom. Material used appears to be nylon or some other synthetic which would be unaffected by moisture. Price last seen in sporting goods store was $55. LLS

Boolit Grand Master
    +1 on the military holster.

Boolit Master
    I picked up a couple police trade in holsters for about $10 each when CTD had them in their flyers. Outside of being coated with what looks johnson's liquid floor wax they were in nice shape and cleaned up well. Think they are made bu bianchi. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    I had a Don Hume PCCH IWB holster for my 92. It carries comfortably, but the beretta was a bit too large for good IWB carry. I got a Blackhawk SERPA, and really liked it for comfortable and secure carry. I just sold the Beretta since I was having extreme difficulty casting for it, and am still using the Don Hume holster to carry my 3" Para P10 around.

Boolit Man
    Howdy- Galco CTS202B . nice for me, anyway.

Boolit Buddy

The Military holster has a removable top flap and lanyard ring its kind of universal for large framed autos and can be had fairly cheap. There is also a strap system to allow for a lower thigh carry and a shoulder stap system for armpit carry available for the millitary holster. The Balckhawk SERPA is very nice but leaves the pistol in view and exposed to the elements. The SERPA is fast drawing even when seated in a vehicle. When out in the open nothing says I am going to kick your axe like the look of the SERPA. I personaly have 6 holsters that fit my 92S Beretta a military nylon with the low ride and shoulder strap systems, a military leather front of the chest pilots style, a SERPA platform with various holsters, two nylon universal belt holsters that carry one additional mag, and a leather Bianchi belt holster. The Bianchi that I have is a forward cant high ride that I love, it also has a second belt slot for SOB (small of the back carry). There are a lot of good holsters out there its a matter of personal preference and a design that fits your needs. Do you plan to carry year round in good and bad weather? Are you looking for something to just have it with you? Do you need a holster that allows for an unrestricted fast draw? Do you also plan to have additional mags with you? There are holsters available in plastic, kydex, nylon, and leather. So you have a lot of choices to make to fine tune your search. When you get it narrowed down a little more I am sure the board members here will steer you in the right direction. I hope my post helps you more than it confuses you!

Mario
    dagunnut

Boolit Buddy
    Fobus for the 92
    Carried it for 15 months that way in foreign places.

Also they are less than $25, so kind of cheap to try...
    Last edited by Gunor; 05-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the GBO forums, Chick! I second the fobus--used them for my Mod 96 (same shape and size as the 92), my glock 45 and two Taurus .357's. I use the paddle style and they work fantastic for me. they aren't that expensive either. God Bless to all and theirs.

GOF or Goofyoldfart
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Master

Chick, Welcome I've got a Galco I've had for ten plus years that has held up great and very comfortable. You might want to checkout Simply Rugged http://www.simplyrugged.com/ or check with a member here Springfield. FB