Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good for him, the kids got guts!

I don't think there are state laws about violating first amendment rights. Only the federal government have civil rights violation criminal offenses. Although with today's laws I am sure if they wanted to they could find something.

How about simple assault. it is said she grabbed his arm and yanked on it. That should be enough to get her fired as abuse of a student is usually automatic.

Boolit Master

The bottom line is the kid was doing nothing wrong and was the teacher who instigated the incident. I suppose she may be able to complain that he was uncooperative but she had no right to single him out and become confrontational for no justifiable reason, the fact remains she was totally out of line and caused the incident in the first place.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I doubt a teacher can be arrested for 'disrupting the education process'

I agree she was wrong, and if he was arrested she should be, but I really doubt a teacher can be.
    Well, if SOMEONE can be arrested for it, why cannot it be anybody, including the teacher?

Actually what should happen is the parent(s) and student should demand 3 things: fire the teacher, expunge school suspension and PD arrest record, and formal public apology from the school district. Short of that, sue there pants off!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master
    How about posting the email addresses for the school, DA, teacher, school board, or anyone else connected with this fiasco.
    With a flood of emails, they might just see that what they did was wrong.

in Remebrance
    I hope they have a good lawyer. I'm sure laws are similar, in Louisiana if you grab someone by the arm you have assaulted them, a blow is battery. This grabbing by a teacher on a juvenile for an offense that did not exist (except in her peanut mind) should be grounds for some serious action. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

My ex is a teacher and policy is you never, ever touch a student. That can get you in big trouble.

In most cases the instigator is the one that should be in trouble. The CORRECT way to handle this would have been to ask this student to join the teacher in the office THEN confront them about the shirt. You keep these situations in a contained environment to control any escalation. Asking/telling the student to remove their shirt in public is also a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I don't think there are state laws about violating first amendment rights. Only the federal government have civil rights violation criminal offenses. Although with today's laws I am sure if they wanted to they could find something.

How about simple assault. it is said she grabbed his arm and yanked on it. That should be enough to get her fired as abuse of a student is usually automatic.
    I'm not a lawyer, but if any of you guys are, isn't there a way the parents could sue that teacher--as an individual--for this sort of thing? Once a few of these Libtard "teachers" got hit hard in the pocketbook, I would think that they'd be a bit more thoughtful of the rights of their students. I don't mean sue the school district or school board--but subject the individual teacher to a hefty civil action. How about it? Lefty Liberals have no qualms about throwing around lawsuits--so right back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatwhiskers View Post
    I hope they have a good lawyer. I'm sure laws are similar, in Louisiana if you grab someone by the arm you have assaulted them, a blow is battery. This grabbing by a teacher on a juvenile for an offense that did not exist (except in her peanut mind) should be grounds for some serious action. GW
    If possible, a lawsuit against this teacher might be a real effective way to go, if the parents have a good, merciless lawyer.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post

He wore his shirt back to school when he came back, not only that but now a bunch of other teens are wearing them in a show of support.
    Another little lesson here is to get teens shooting ARs or AKs. The ARs are better for this. Be sure to mention that the 'man' wants to keep them from having them, but you're 'grandfathered in' only because your old.

Teens don't like being treated unfairly.

Boolit Master

I think the prosecutors have a very flimsy case. I don't think they could ever get a conviction if they go ahead with the case.
    Also since several other students wore the same shirt on Monday and no disciplinary action was taken I don't see how they can enforce just one case and overlook the others.
    Being local to the situation (12 miles away) and the father being a member of the same gun club as I am, I think a case could be won against the teacher in question. It appears from the rumor mill that the teacher was in error and has a history of misconduct.
    As it took place in the lunch room in front of multiple students there is no lack of witnesses.
    Also the BOE, the town council, the mayor has been totally silent on the matter.

Boolit Master
    Yea,I am proud of the kid!!!

Banned
    Your American gene pool needs a lot of clorine!
    How did your once proud nation degenerate to this?

Boolit Master

Chicken Thief, I truly wish I could argue with you about that but unfortunately I can't.

Boolit Master

Anyone heard how this is working out for this kid? Since the news has died down I fear he may lose much of his support and I would hate to see that happen, this boy deserves a lot of respect and all the support we can give him.

Boolit Master

Many of you remember this episode about the young man refusing to remove a t-shirt that had an NRA logo and a picture of an AR-15. He was arrested for disrupting the educational process.
    I was at the range today with the young man's father. The young man got a summons to appear in court. I forget the exact date but it is in the next two weeks. It appears that the BOE is pursuing the charges and do not want to admit they were wrong. They know if they admit being in the wrong they will get a law suit against them.
    I understand there were six lawyers that wanted to take the case pro-bono against the BOE.

Boolit Grand Master

I hope the NRA is involved in this case. I suspect on some level they are, or will be.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I wonder what kind of press there would be IF it was a 14 year old FEMALE was told by a MALE teacher to remove HER T shirt.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Well, if SOMEONE can be arrested for it, why cannot it be anybody, including the teacher?

Actually what should happen is the parent(s) and student should demand 3 things: fire the teacher, expunge school suspension and PD arrest record, and formal public apology from the school district. Short of that, sue there pants off!
    What do you mean, "short of that"??? The liberal left has been beating everyone to death in partnership with the ACLU, for all sorts of whacky things. I think that our side, for a change, should start right out with lawsuits in instances like this, from the get-go. Sue the teacher, principal, superintendent of schools, each individually. Hit them in the pocket book and make sure that the lawsuits get adequate publicity. It may be the best way to get this country back to some common sense by forcing consequences on the leftist dictatorship of the proletariat that has emerged over the last few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12