RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PatMarlin's plain base gas check maker

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal' View Post
    This looks interesting! Does it need a special press like swaging does or can I use a reloading press?

You can use a single stage reloading press. I wouldn't tie up a turret for this.

Boolit Master

I use a Lee Reloader, the smallest press they make. It works well for me. I did have to reverse the loading ram but that isn't difficult.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0569.jpg   IMG_0569.JPG  
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crappie-hunter View Post
    I won't bad-mouth the PB checkmaker it works exactly as advertised. I just can't get the checks to stay on the bullet without glue ,others that use them have been able to . I guess there is a secret I havent' found yet. So far I am satisfied with the checkmaker,just not satisfied with the results. Checks coming off midstream has a definite effect on accuracy.

As you can see from other posts there are users that are having excellent results. I won't dispute there results, It's most likely something I am doing wrong.

In hindsight If I would have spent the same amount of money on a custom mold that took a commercial gas check I would have been ahead of the game money wise,except for the cost of commercial checks.
    C-H,

Not picking on you, and the problem could be entirely my error, but something is terribly a miss with that picture.

We've never have to glue on standard shank checks with my dies but certainly not PB checks.

Either I sent you the wrong dies or something else is happening. PB checks as stated above swage into your base. No way to glue them on...!

If anyone has trouble of any kind with my dies, shoot me an email. We will get to the issue at hand and correct it.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 04-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Banned

...and more from 2013.

There has been a lot of lost information confusing new casters using PB gas checks by questions I receive, so I think this (older CB) thread and a couple others I resurrected will help explain more on using PB checks.

There is so much info here at CB from the master cast shooters, down deep in the data base and it would be great to read some of the great knowledge left- by even members that have passed on such as "Felix".
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 04-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12