Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Olde Eynsford , again.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar

Olde Eynsford , again.

I believe I have confirmed my Quigley load.
    75 grs old E 1.5, br2 primer, Jamison brass, muzzleloader specialty drylubed felt wad .446 rubberized cork wad, powder compressed to seat the short tank buster into the case about .4. 8lb seth cole patch treated with jojoba oil after the bullet is loaded.
    Long story short 10 out of 12 rounds into the upper right quadrant of the 4-8 steel target from 800 yds, blowtube only for fouling control..Cool Also the .434 accurate bullet shot well, only using 1 wet and 1 dry between shots. But at this time it's not going to replace the KIK 1.5 match load.
    Very happy.

Tried some loads with the 2f Olde, but the jury is still out on that, but the cases are sure "clean" , now just need to see if I can find some real accuracy with the 2f.
    I can see another order of Olde Eysnford in the not too distant future
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Is the felt wad used dry or do you have a lube soaked into it? Caught my interest when you said blow tubed only. THANKS LB

LB, that felt wad is supposedly dry lubed with something. I buy these Muzzleloader Specialty wads from Midway. Wish there was some place to get them in bulk instead of the 100 at a time.
    I caught a glimpse of being able to pull that trick the other day when testing this stuff, so I loaded a second batch to try and confirm it, and by jing it to my surprise worked. Plus and this is still got my head scratching, this bullet is shooting better at distance with this Olde E than I have ever been able to get with it with other powders. Now I need to see which is going to work best the 2 or the 1.5, and lastly find a hot dry day and see if the fouling stays as agreeable. That's sort of the fly in the ointment on this Eysnford, I haven't heard of anybody shooting this stuff in the heat and low humidity we commonly find during the summer matches, that's where the real proof in the pudding is going to come from.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    felt wad is supposedly dry lubed with something. I buy these Muzzleloader Specialty wads from Midway. Wish there was some place to get them in bulk instead of the 100 at a time.
    Don, I used dry felt wads that I punch out for 95% of my reloads. That 50 shot string that I did with all KIK grades was with dry felt. Might want to try it dry and here is the source for felt material
    http://www.durofelt.com/image_19.html
    Regards
    John

John I think what ever these wads are impregnated with might be the trick, I'm pretty sure the rubber cork wads are helping to seal the bore and keep the powder burning as well.