Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Powder Prices-2007

Boolit Master

Powder Prices-2007

I mentioned in another thread that I have been sorting through my files of gun related stuff. I have almost 2 five drawer file cabinets full. One of the things I have run across is an invoice from Powder Valley for a powder/primer order in 2007. See how it compares to your latest order:

Unique 8# $91.00
    Varget 1# 16.90
    Titegroup 1# 12.75
    H4198 1# 16.90
    2400 1# 15.00
    3031 1# 16.80

Win. Lg Pistol Primers 5K $97.50

These are not the entire order but it shows how prices have gone up. I wish I had been able to order twice as much then.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

The good ole days . . . Last year.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Yep the good ole days. I was searching for some rifle powder yesterday (locally) and was asked to leave a store because I said the powder prices and brass prices were TOO high. They had a 8# can of IMR4198 marked for $245.95
    I happily left and will NEVER step foot in there again.

Boolit Master

Yup, the good ole days, as said. I have several older canisters, $13.95 1#, some $15.95 (later), a 4# of Bullseye, $44.00, etc. Powder I'm buying now is $26.00/#, $65.00/4# and $96.00/8#, depending on what you want. Not bad, just have to wait a few months for it all to come in. According to my supplier, it's not the availability, but the ability of the wholesaler/jobber to catch up with the shipping aspect. It's in the warehouse, but they are 8+ weeks behind on shipping. Luckily, it's not like I need it tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Just started a sleeve of CCI 550 SP that had a price tag of $12.00 / thousand. Remember when they came in the white and red packaging that was about a quarter of the size they're packed in nowadays?

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Have a couple thousand WSP primers marked $12.95/K. I began marking powder containers with date and price a few years ago. Should be interesting next time I buy some.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Hmm
    Gold prices 2007 - from 610 to 840 per oz
    Gold prices today - $1560 to $1580 so far in April 2013

Gasoline prices May 2007 - The Lundberg Survey, a bi-weekly gas price tracking service, put the price of a gallon of unleaded at $3.18 in its latest reading released late Sunday, up more than 11 cents from its reading of two weeks ago.

What did you pay per gallon at the pump this week?

Boolit Master

I paid $3.14 w/Kroger .20 discount.
    John
    W.TN

Went to Wally World and saw they had a box of Winchester (White box, bulk) in 22-250. The last box of that I bought from them was $34.95 and tax.

Yesterdays price was $184 !!!!!!

Man I should have bought more then also
    TwoTrees

"Hold my beer and watch this!!"

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    If you really want to get sick then I should show you the primers that I found in my reloading boxes. A sleeve of CCI small pistol for $6.25 I also found a old square can of Bullseye that had a sticker on top for $2.75 The cans were not pound cans though but that is how all of the powder came in 1970.
    I looked on the Hodgdon's site and the price for varget is set at $18.95 but my local dealer is selling it for $29.95 when he has it.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    It seems to me that today its cheaper to buy12awg birdshot ammo at Wally word and cut them apart to re-use the lead and the powder. the powder is decent for handguns.

I still have primers I paid 80 cents/100 for Large Rifle.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

The even bigger deal is finding what you want. If you are lucky enough to find it, the price is doubled or more.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam