Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hunting !!!!!

Boolit Master

Hunting !!!!!

Yesterday was first day of Dove season here and I forgot!! Plan on taking the 16yo out tonight and try some of my reloads I made with homedropped shot Will post pics if we club any anyone else out hunting already?

Boolit Master

Yes Sir! I spent the entire afternoon with my 6yr old son watching for those perfect passing shots. I use a BP double and it is a blast (pun intended). It was my sons first trip to hunt doves and I allowed him to bring his Red Ryder and take shots even though the possibility of a hit was remote. We had a great time and are going again tomorrow evening when it cools down a bit.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Great! it has been great weather here with overnight lows in the mid 60's. never too young to start. 16 yo is using an 1100 LT-20 2 3/4", a chance of a hit is remote also (16 YO NOT GUN)

Boolit Grand Master
    I went out locally yesterday and today, not much flying around here. Thunderstorms tend to drive them south, and we've had storms just about every day since Friday. I'll try again locally tomorrow morning, and may head to the Imperial Valley after the holiday weekend. Hot, humid, and sweaty hunting.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    success!! Only was able to go out for 2hr today,got off half a dozen shots was only able to get 1 16 yo was using factory loaded fed 7 1/2, 2 3/4 shells. I had some reloads 7/8oz #7 homecast, waa20 wad, 17gr international clays 2 3/4. and some 1oz loads w/ waa20-f1 wads and 20gr bluedot. The first couple shots were 7/8 loads, didn't seem to get there. slipped in a 1oz load and the next one I shot at stopped like it flew into a wall 16 yo missed everything I would give him first 3 shots at em and then I would shoot. Practice makes perfect. I tried to get him to use the 1oz loads,but you know teens, they got to learn the hard way:mrgreen
    Last edited by NSP64; 09-03-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Boolit Master

My son and I went out with a hunting buddy and his daughter. It was in the upper 80's and sticky humid too. No birds today. I think they were hiding in the shade themselves. We did scout some new property that we just got permission to hunt now and this fall too, so all was not lost. These folks have a seriouis coyote problem and although we did not encounter any today I had this along for coyote medicine.

My son Sam wanted to find out what happens when you shoot a pile of horse turds with a Red Ryder and here he is in the test phase........
    [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/SharpsShooter_photos/SamShootsthe****.jpg[/IMG]

I am pleased to report that no one was injured in the process of this test, but the local ambiance bore no resemblance to a perfume store.

Sam is a good kid to shoot the shi....er......stuff with. I just figure on getting a call tomorrow from his teacher askiong why he keeps saying that all he did this weekend was "shoot the shi......er ......poo.

We had a great time!

SS

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Doves and 3 rock doves

One of the better opening days of Dove hunting in So. Indiana. My son got 2 doves with one shot. That was after using about 1 box of shells per bagged bird so it was a good ending. Lots of shooting and lead in the air. Rock doves are commonly known as peigons (sp?).

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpsShooter View Post
    My son and I went out with a hunting buddy and his daughter. It was in the upper 80's and sticky humid too. No birds today. I think they were hiding in the shade themselves. We did scout some new property that we just got permission to hunt now and this fall too, so all was not lost. These folks have a seriouis coyote problem and although we did not encounter any today I had this along for coyote medicine.

My son Sam wanted to find out what happens when you shoot a pile of horse turds with a Red Ryder and here he is in the test phase........
    [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/SharpsShooter_photos/SamShootsthe****.jpg[/IMG]

I am pleased to report that no one was injured in the process of this test, but the local ambiance bore no resemblance to a perfume store.

Sam is a good kid to shoot the shi....er......stuff with. I just figure on getting a call tomorrow from his teacher askiong why he keeps saying that all he did this weekend was "shoot the shi......er ......poo.

We had a great time!

SS
    looks like fun for all I can't figure the picture thing????I used to be able to post a real pic not just a linkThem sure are some pretty boolits whats the load and velocity

Boolit Master

To do the picture I just copy the image code from photobucket (under your pictures look for the IMG box ) and copy that label. Paste it into the message and taa daa it is there.

The 30 40 load is 23gr of 4198 and a Lyman 311299 (208grs) for just under 1700fps.

SS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]