WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 ACP carbine SHTF critter getter.

Like Multigunner I have used a .303 Brit barrel for a similar project. My .32-20 Martini on a converted rimfire action wears a 18 inch SMLE barrel and a suppressor. Spins everything from 100 to 240gr boolits.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have a Remington 580 which was converted to centerfire and fitted with a .30 cal., 10-inch twist barrel and chambered in. 32 ACP using the front portion of a .30M1 carbine reamer, so that it would have a proper rifle type throat, and also headspace on the casemouth, like a .45 ACP.

Mine is a single shot and uses a pinned in barrel. A new bolthead was fabricatedand fitted with an M16 extractor, and modified to use a shortened M16 firing pin. Using cast #3118 Ideal 115-grain .32-20 bullets and 1 grain of Bullseye it is almost entirely silent, like a .30 cal.CB cap. It also shoots well with ordinary. 32 ACP ammo, but is louder. Accuracy with the best loads is about 3/4" at 25 yards and about 2" at 50 yards with 4Xscope. A good .22 LR with match ammo is less expensive, as quiet and more accurate.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 06-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Boolit Bub
    JeffinNZ, I can put those weights to better use when I get around to my next project, I doubt my brass will hold up to the pressure for anything close to 200 grains. My target range is to fire from 50 - 100 grains and more likely ~75 grain lead bullets.

Outpost, that is an awesome idea to use the .30 Carbine reamer, I still have not found a .32 ACP one. I was just looking at AR family extractors today (along with a bunch for pistols). I would love to see some pictures of how you did your bolt face (firing pin extractor). Did you go with a recessed face and the AR pin type ejector also? AR parts are very handy...

My current drawings have a flat bolt face with the bottom lowered and widened enough to feed from a magazine and uses a stationary ejector that is part of the magazine frame and will use a cut down Remington 788 firing pin and springs and the Sako extractor claw kit.

Last week I got my 30 Cal donor barrel, it is from a 300 WSM I liked it better than my Enfield take off barrels and it appears to be unfired with very crisp lands grooves. I am just waiting to finalize my bolt plans before threading the barrel and receiver.

I also had a piece of 1 1/2 X 6 X 36 Inch block of 2024 Al fall into my hands which has me constantly doodling different stock ideas. Most likely it will end up on the next rifle in my project pile... The same thing only chambered in 7.62X25 to feed from my Romanian TTC mags.

Boolit Master

Ed Harris wrote a very descriptive article on how to convert a 580 series rifle to .32acp. I can't find the link but it's on the Cast Bullet Forum, shouldn't be hard to find via search

Boolit Master
    .30 Carbine with a fast twist and heavy bullets might work. Or a shorter case version. Marlin had a levergun in 30 Carbine.

Manson Reamers .32acp reamer, solid pilot $80.00 plus shipping, removeable pilot $110.00, >32HR mag $110.00 std. plus shipping. out of 2013 catalog

Sorry but I posted before i was through. The.32H&R mag reamer comes standard with removeable pilot. Hope that cleared up any confosion. thanks, uncle jed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12