Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fur, Fish and Game.

Boolit Master
    I like FFG for a once in awhile read. I used to subscribe but the articles seem awfully similar after awhile if you read them every month. Like when my wife used to cook chicken 5 times a week. It's a good magazine though.
    Paul

I'm a recent subscriber. I bought off and on the past 2 years or so but finally filled out the card and sent a check. More interested in the trapping information. The Gun Rack articles can be nice, even if I'm not really interested in the topic (like varmint cartridges). I like the articles of the old days, late 19th and early 20th century outdoorsmen and what they went through and how they lived. As I get older I'm finding myself wanting to be less around people and more out in the woods.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Master

Like FFG and Backwoodsman. I pick up a copy now and then and really should subscribe. They are written for the everyday man...good trapping info...good woods lore...good read for a snowed in day.

In Remembrance
    I thumbed through the currant coppy of ffg, but left it at the store, I did pickup the backwoodman, but after looking at it,wished I had left it also. For some reason they didn't have much to print this month, that I had a desire to read.

Boolit Bub
    Well thanks to this thread I ordered me a 2 year subscription!

Boolit Buddy

I know a fellow that writes for Guns & Ammo. He doesn't know anything about hunting, he's a target shooter. He went on a packaged deer hunt, stayed in a blind looking down on a feeder. He shot the deer so he could add the photo to an article, as if he shot it while "out hunting". The blind was sound proof for listening to CD's while snacking and waiting for the deer to come to the feeder.

Boolit Master

I enjoy FFG and Backwoodsman both. I pick them up when traveling or downrange.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Fur Fish & Game is about the only magazine I ever buy.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Fur Fish & Game, and Backwoodsman are about the only worth while magazines still in existence.
    I like the latter. I guess I should check out the former. Thanks!

I have been getting ffg for about 10 years. Great magazine

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Victor N TN View Post
    I wish someone would do a good magazine. I have a couple of dozen days every month that I'm out of game / hunting material.
    Being a member of this site is like subscribing to a magazine called Castboolits and everyone here can be either the writer or a responding reader.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    I recently received my renewal notice but unlike all the others I'll renew this one. FF&G has been my favorite magazine since I ran a muskrat trap line when I was 12 years old, and I've always connected with the straight forward stories and information for hunting and fishing for the average guy and actually of use to me. Safari hunts and chartered deep sea fishing trips, fishing tournaments and glowing reviews of products are fine, but most the time I'd rather read something that relates to the hunting and fishing accessible to me. Trapping is something I haven't had time for in recent years but it still holds my interest and I support it, and other outdoor magazines ignore it completely and feature beauties in fly fishing garb or camo trying to be more appealing to a broader audience and increasing sales. Stacks of FF&G are kept at the deer cabin that I've brought to share with friends along with vintage copies of OL & F&S, & I keep a stack in the outhouse at my farm to be read and reread. Great stuff!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Mold
    I am 62 now and have had a subscription since I was 10 years old. I have had several articles published by them as bad as my spelling and grammar are. Love the MAGAZINE and recommended it to any sportsman.

I get the mag also I had subscription of it for years now.And it is not on just one thing.they always at the NTA convention.and have a raffle also.I got a gun one time.It is a good mag.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Love FFG. I have been reading it since before I could hunt at age 12 because my Dad started us trapping when we really young, several years before we could hunt. I would read this magazine to learn more about trapping and just generally everything outdoors. I have loved it ever since.
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true

"Moderator Emeritus"

I subscribe to FFG and Backwoodsman, Cappers magazine ( Mom get it for me for Christmas) and SST (Salmon, Trout, Steel-header) The others just are a waste of time and money.
    Krag35

I have never met a dishonest dog.

Expatriate, in my own country.

Boolit Master
    There are a few different mags I will buy if they have a good article or two that month. Handloader, etc. But for my regular buys? Yeah FFG and Backwoodsman I can almost always count on to have great reads, and good info. If nothing else some of it inspires me to try my hand at things I normally wouldn't do. It is pretty rare I don't pick up the current FFG, and I NEVER miss an issue of Backwoodsman if I can help it.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Buddy

FFG is one of the better mags on the rack. As a kid I thought it was cheesy, now I know that it has some of the best info for me, an average hunter and shooter.

Boolit Master
    Except for FFG and Backwoodsman magazines are where I carry extra boolits for my rifle
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Master

Just went on ffg's web site and right now through November 3rd its only $7.99 for a 1 year digital subscription. I know that doesn't help with the throne room reading but it's cheap if you want to try it out, like me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12