RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Mold Prices at Midway

Boolit Master

Crazy Mold Prices at Midway

MidwayUSA has 4-C Saeco molds with a new list price of $327 and 2-C RCBS molds with a list price of $181. RCBS sells their molds directly for $135 and Grafs has better prices on Saeco molds. Crazy pricing from Midway.

Boolit Bub
    i've noticed quite a few things priced too high at midway lately, odd, they usually are pretty good on things.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I've noticed some like that too recently. It's almost like they are using some kind of random number generator to set the price. There is no rationale for one mold costing significantly more than another of the same basic type within a brand. I think the thing to do is put it on your Wish List and watch for it to drop. OR find it elsewhere at an acceptable price now if possible.

Boolit Master
    I just bought 3 Lee molds from Titan. I first compared prices, and Midway was just slightly better the eBay, which are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If people are paying $300 for a four-banger, then I think it’s time I tool up and start producing top quality molds.

Boolit Master
    Larry Potterfield has always been money hungry and his family is too.I quit buying from him long ago

Gotta pay for that fancy automated order picking system

https://www.midwayusa.com/larrys-sho...part-three/286

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    Larry Potterfield has always been money hungry and his family is too.I quit buying from him long ago
    completely agree - personally gave up dealing with them long ago -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    I think Larry is trying to pay for LaPierre's lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I think Larry is trying to pay for LaPierre's lawyers
    could be a fact !
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

My gripe with midway is that they will resell returns at full price. I know a guy who bought a bag of Norma brass and half of the bag had burnt powder residue on the necks.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Nothing new. Everyone is charging way more for molds than they're worth. Even in the S&S section here you'll find prices that make you scratch your head. Saw a Arsenal or NOE mold the other day was was used, and priced about $10 lower than the mold is new. Why on earth would I buy your used mold for essentially the same price that I can buy a new one for????? Then you have the heavily used single and double Ideal/Lyman molds of common designs going for $50. Again, why am I going to buy that when I can get a new one for a little more, or even a copy from MP, NOE, or Arsenal for $80-100 with 4-5 cavities or more.... Makes no sense. What's even more confusing is that PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BUYING THEM.

I attribute this to panic buying. People have lost their minds over the political situation, and are buying whatever they can at whatever price they can. That's the only thing I can come up with that makes any sense in my head...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    On the subject of MidwayUSA pricing, for those that aren't aware, if you let them know when your birthday is, they will send you an email about that time giving you a week or so to buy at special "Birthday prices". Sometimes the discounts are significant such as 30% or so. I put lots of items in my "Wish list" all through the year then reconsider getting them on my birthday.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yeah, I forgot all about it and went on their website by accident yesterday and I’m glad I did. I haven’t bought anything from them for a couple of years and I’m guessing my emails go to my junk folder so I didn’t get an email telling me I had birthday pricing. I should’ve got more stuff, including some broadheads. Speaking of that those were the last things I bought from them and returned the first two packs because they had bent blades and came damaged. They threw them back up on their website at the time for the same prices the sale price and my buddy bought them. They they were listed as new, but they had my return label inside the plastic cartons. lol. Needless to say he returned them and they’re for sale again because they’re listed twice and have not been listed twice ever since I returned them and my buddy bought them and returned them.��

But anyways, I rolled the dice because Ruger Rosewood grips for my new super wrangler were 23 bucks with my birthday price and only five bucks to ship! I remember I bought my last set from them and they also came damaged because they were shipped loose in a yellow envelope. After two returns the eventually sent me a set that weren’t damaged so I’m sure I’ll go through it again but I figured it save me over $20 from buying them directly from Ruger and hopefully they’ll get it right the first time around. They only let you make a one time purchase, so you better pick all your stuff out at once with the birthday special. I just expect things to be wrong and damaged when I order from them and I’ll have to return it once or twice till they get it right. So I really don’t roll the dice with them anymore unless it’s under 30 bucks. I think I ordered some gas checks from them a while back too. Figured those were safe but they put them in a bubble wrap envelope and it was squished with gas checks all over in it. They sure like to save money on packaging. I’ll tell you that much.

Boolit Buddy
    Watch the clearance section of Midway

Last month I got a Saeco 4 cav mold to my door for $ 159.00
    Guess not many people want a 4 cav wad-cutter mold in 32 caliber

Might as well check out NOE molds or Accurate Molds, custom made quality.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

I never purchased anything from Midway that I thought was a bargain.

Way back when the shipping was free, I would get a flyer every month with deals on the front and back cover. It was a rare month when I didn't buy something. Then there was a change, they started "fair and honest shipping". The deals dried up and my spending habits came to an abrupt halt.

Boolit Master
    Keep in mind that Midway is no longer run by Larry. Not even sure his family is still involved. It is all corporate now. All about the profit. I used to get good deals at Midway years ago. Their customer service was excellent back then also. Certainly not now!!!

Boolit Buddy
    If you think that is nuts, lookup Shooters World powders @ Midway... They are WAY over any other website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast