WidenersInline FabricationADvertise hereTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 5750 USD (96%)
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: "Real" Keith Bullets

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eutectic45 View Post
    Lyman cut the width of the front band on 429421 to satisfy complaints from ignorant reloders. Elmer was correct they spoiled it.
    The 2 Lyman 429421 4c molds I had were tapered with the front band a smaller diameter.

The MP and Arsenal #503 clones have the front band just in the throats of my Anaconda, my S&W 629 throats are too far forward for that and still crimp in the groove.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

I have a 1970grs 2cav Lyman #358429, a 1960's made 4cav & a 1950's made #425439HP.
    All are slightly different.
    But they all shoot Extremly well in whatever revolver I put them in. I've never had a cylinder that wouldn't accept any of them. In either .38spl or .357mag.

Shot the Lyman #429421 for 50+ years. Have only a 2cav now, from 1970's. Has a full diameter front band, all three bands are the same width/depth. It does have a rounded grease groove. Still still shoots great in any gun I put it in.

Have a RCBS from the 1980's.

Hard to believe RCBS calls this bullet a Keith Type. Front band is narrow. All 3 bands are different widths.
    It casts good looking bullets, but they are not as accurate as the Lyman.

The LYMAN #452424 is too long to fit in COLT SAA cylinder. When LYMAN changed this bullet from .454dia to a .452dia they lengthened the nose to maintain the weight.
    Who knows why, the #452424 fits in every other revolver I tried it in. Except COLT SAA & their clones.

I switched to the Auto Rim Bullet #452423. Shorter nose, still weighs 240grs.

I just bought a N.O.E. version of this bullet, a 5cav mold. It has square grease grooves. I will put some of these though a Lube-Sizer, as well as PC'ing some.
    The NEW N.O.E. #453-247-SWC casts some perfectly beautiful bullets.
    Looking forward to trying another "Keith mold".
    I guess I'll always shoot Keith Bullets. Regardless of who made the mold or when. Rounded or square grease grooves. Both shoot great.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Rounded or square grease grooves. Both shoot great.
    My findings also.
    Joshua 1:9

Not sure if this is “real” but this is from an earlier IDEAL non-vent line 429421. It has a very deep & wide crimp groove
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B63BCFB-518B-4764-A763-91AEF3DDF80B.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	243926

From my understanding, true "Keith" designs, or the ones he liked best, had the wide (not always full .100) front driving band, square grease groves, and a 65-70% diameter meplat. I, personally, don't care about the driving band exact diameter, just the meplat diameter and grease groves that hold enough grease.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223