RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: CZ 75 new toy

Boolit Master

CZ 75 new toy

We went to our favorite local gun shop to look for a new gun for my wife. She found a beautiful used S&W ladysmith that she wound up getting. While filling out the paperwork, I found a gun that I fell in love with too. I got to bring home a new CZ 75 compact. This thing just fits my hand like no other handgun ever has. It also points like a dream. Did John Browning get reincarnated and come back to design this gun?
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Grand Master

I've had my CZ 75 22 years now and it's the only 9mm I currently own. I've gone through a lot of them over the years and this is the only one I've kept. Wonderfully accurate, especially with cast bullets, and it fits my hand very well for DA shooting. Mine had the best DA pull of any semi auto I've ever tested out of the box.

Good find and I'm sure you will like your CZ 75.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Have shot several CZ-75's over the years and have always thought the weapon was made right.
    Have had a Springfield P9 in 40S&W for about 15 years. Was told the parts were made by CZ back then and assembled by Springfield. First caliber .40 I bought and my favorite. Feels right in my hands. Accurate and never a problem.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I love CZ pistols. I have the CZ P01 which is identical to your Compact in size and grip. I agree it fits like a glove, it's like shaking hands with an old friend. A natural pointer. I have the CZ 75 B-SA in 9mm, and a CZ 75 B in 40 S&W. They all share a similar grip size and grip angle. I also have a CZ 97 which has a larger grip but it shares the same angle as the others. All are natural pointers with me.

You'll find a lot of Browning Hi Power fans also like CZ's. Go figure eh?
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    I just fired a few magazines through the new CZ. Its snowing here today, so I didn't want to loose too much brass in the snow so I didn't shoot much. Two things struck me. 1.) This thing is accurate. I was hitting my 100 yard steel plate almost every time. 2.) It feels just as good as I thought it would shooting it.

This one may unseat my old Beretta 92 as my favorite 9. If it proves to be reliable, I think I've got a winner.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

A co-worker that is also a gun nut recently asked me what was my favorite handgun that I currently own. My no blink, no hesitation reply was my CZ-75B.

Boolit Master
    I bought a CZ-75 Compact from a co-worker about 6 months ago. I was not particularly looking for one, but he insisted that I try it out. I did and found that it fit my hand perfectly and it was surprisingly accurate. I bought it. Luckily I bought some extra magazines for it before everything went crazy. I have had a number of 9mm's before, but this is the first one I could ever say was accurate.

Boolit Grand Master

You are going to love that firearm. I've owned a couple of CZ's and EAA Witness clones and the design is superb. Fits your hand real nice and functions great. I've been looking for another EAA Witness Polymer Compact of the old style with the true compact frame. You can buy barrel/slide combos and swap them out. Great system.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by palmettosunshine View Post
    A co-worker that is also a gun nut recently asked me what was my favorite handgun that I currently own. My no blink, no hesitation reply was my CZ-75B.
    A kid at work was looking for his first gun after getting his CCW and asked my opinion and CZ75 or EAA Witness was the first thing out of my mouth. He ended up getting a SW XD Compact so did get a good one.

Boolit Buddy

CZ makes or made a 22 conversion kit for the 75. Right now one sits atop mine.
    The CZ 75 has been made under several names, Witness and EAA coming to mind. I found one made in Switzerland, if I remember correctly it was Slothern, and purchased it for my adult son. If I had to get rid of all my pistols the CZ 75 and 22 conversion unit would be the one I'd keep.

Moderator Emeritus

John, I feel the same way about my CZ 75 and the kadet conversion.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Yep, I have a P-01 and it just feels right. Something about a cz75.

Love CZ's! I've got a nickel 75B .40 that I converted to SAO, a 75B dual tone 9mm, a RAMI in 9mm, a P-07, and a .40 Compact with a 9mm conversion barrel.

Forum member Armoredman is the owner of the Original CZ forum: czfirearms.us . Check it out for some CZ goodness!

when I first got my 75, it was the cheapest gun that the Berlin gun club had in stock $ 275. drug several members of my platoon down and we bought several. at the time the CZ was going for over $1000 in the U. S.. My paint is chipped in several places. Someone asked how I could let a firearm get that scratched up. I just tell them every chip and scratch has a story and I remember almost everyone.. That CZ you can bet your life on.
    " BRING DOWN THIS WALL"
    President Ronald Reagan

A buddy of mine was saying how much he liked the CZ75 for it's ergonomics and accuracy but it was WAY too big and heavy to carry and conceal. Should have seen the look on his face when I pulled up my shirt in the first pic....

I have sold and traded this particular one away three times and have always ended up with it back in my possession. I once traded it for the PCR. Long story short, I still have the duo-tone and the PCR is down the road.

Boolit Master
    I have only two types of auto pistols that I like one is 1911s and the other is CZ 75 or clones of same. The only other Semi Auto that I like is the Browning High Power. As for carrying them I have never had a problem and do not understand people who buy a plastic little gun as a carry gun. All you need is a good holster and you are set to go. As to compact pistols I have a Baby Eagle that is nothing more than a clone of the CZ 75 and it is one of my very favorite handguns.