Lee PrecisionWidenersGraf & SonsTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationStainLess Steel Media

Thread: Italian Bullet Greaser...

Italian Bullet Greaser...

Hi,

I just bought an Italian Bullet Greaser to use at the range:

Does somebody has some experience with that kind of greaser ?

What is the best grease to put in ?

Thank you for the attention.

Etienne Brule

Super Moderator

...............I've never seen one like that before. How does it work? Who is it made by? Might be able to do a web search for some info too, if there is a name on it.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

I've never used one, but I think Pedersoli makes it for their muzzleloading rifles. I've seen a picture of that device in one of their catalogs. I assumed (always dangerous) that it would be used with something like Wonder Lube, or another soft lube of that type.

From this web site: Pedersoli Gibbs Instructions & Advice for Long Range Shooting

Bullet Grease
    A good "black powder" bullet grease must be used on grooved bullets. Pedersoli offers a proven bullet grease called Lubriblack, part #USA 488 which can be applied using a conventional bullet sizer/lubricator or by the pan lubrication method. Other recognized good black powder bullet greases are TC-Bore Butter, SPG, Rooster Labs BP-7, Black Magic, DGL, Lyman Black Powder Gold, and White Lightning greases. There are dozens more which will work well and many shooters make their own grease. Experimentation is a big part of black powder shooting so it is good to try many products.

The full article is here: http://www.lrml.org/technical/technique/gibbs02.htm
    Last edited by Single Shot; 08-31-2007 at 11:59 PM.
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...............I've never seen one like that before. How does it work? Who is it made by? Might be able to do a web search for some info too, if there is a name on it.

.................Buckshot

Hi,

It is made by Pedersoli; I do not have any instructions with it.

I would like to understand the way it works; it would be so practical at the range.

Etienne Brule.

Banned
    Bought one but haven't use it yet. I wanted something for pure lead bullets that would minimize the possibility of deforming them. Pushing a pure lead bullet through a conventional L/S occasionally does that even if you are only lubricating. Will be fun to give this a try but that is going to be awhile I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Bought one but haven't use it yet. I wanted something for pure lead bullets that would minimize the possibility of deforming them. Pushing a pure lead bullet through a conventional L/S occasionally does that even if you are only lubricating. Will be fun to give this a try but that is going to be awhile I'm afraid.
    Hi,

I do not think that this greaser will size; it is a spring IN and OUT.

I was jus tring to find a grease that would do the greasing job in it.

thank you for the attention.

Etienne Brule