RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Pro 1000's

Lee Pro 1000's

I might have the chance to get 3 well used Pro 1000's. Some are missing parts and all need a good cleaning and maybe rebuilding. What would they be worth to buy?? They need some small parts the primer trays and the covers for the older powder measures (the ones with the heavy spring and disk measures) maybe a few nuts and bolts? A quick look they seemed pretty complete.
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Master
    As long as the shellplates and turrets are there, 75$ each.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy

You can always send them back to Lee with 1/2 of what a new one will cost and they will repair it.

Boolit Mold
    If they comes with the die set then $75 sounds right

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DxieLandMan View Post
    You can always send them back to Lee with 1/2 of what a new one will cost and they will repair it.
    http://leeprecision.com/reloading-pr...sses/pro-1000/

If Lee goes by their website price, half of that would be 125.00. That really seems expensive.

Take care

r1kk1

If they are well worn, no more than $50
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Moderator Emeritus

I just started looking for a pro 1000

Everyone is out of stock.

Ebay prices are crazy...pro 1000 with 9mm setup...buy it now $369.99
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-PRO-1000...90816391306%26

I was at a "store" on wednesday...they had a three pro 1000's in on the shelf...I didn't look at the caliber, but the price was 199.99

when Natchez has them in stock, they go for $159.99 That's the best price I've found for NEW with a die set and shell holder.

Hope that helps,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I have a PRO 1000 set up for 9mm and 40 S&W. Works pretty well except for the priming system. I checked it, tweaked it, couldn't get it to work and gave up on it. I prime on the single stage, then run through the normal sizing/belling/seating steps with the decapping stem removed from the sizing die. Works well that way.

Boolit Master

Lee parts are very reasonably priced, as long as the major components are there.

HF

I have a Pro 1000 set up for 45ACP I had to tweak mine too. It works GREAT now!! I didn't buy it though it was givin to me! So I figured I would ask these were at a LGS. I think I'll make him an offer?
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

In Remembrance

If Lee has fixed the priming on Pro 1000 as well as they have the ones on the Loadmaster, then I would have no problem trying one again.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a used one here local with all parts, feeder tubes with small feeder, small primer, #19 shell plate and carrier, 3 separate die sets, powder disk pro, 2k large rifle primers, 600 Small pistol primers, and some other extras. I paid $200 I sold all the extra rifle primers local and 2 of the die sets on eBay, paid off the $200 for the press with that money and still had money left to cover the #2 shell plate carrier and Large case feeder to set it up for .45 ACP, and still have money left over!

Buy three, sell one, take the money to rebuild and buy extra goodies for the two you keep. Lee Precision has spare parts, if they are out check out FSreloading, they have parts that Lee doesn't carry anymore. The 1000 can be finicky but if you know how to treat it right it's a good working press that will last a long time.

The cabelas here in WA has had Lee Pro 1000 in .38 special, .45 ACP, .223, and 9mm the last 3 times I've gone in for their normal MSRP of $199. Add my 5% military discount and re-sell on ebay? Hmm...

I've got a link to another firearm forum site that has "tweaks" for the Lee Pro 1000 if anyone is interested, a lot of good info just like this site!

id like the link please

I would save up my money and buy Dillion. That lee progressive has way too many quirks that need to be fixed and the primer system is a major problem. I have know at lease 4-5 persons that bought the Lee and got rid of them within 6 months and went with Dillion. I know a few of you guys seem to love them, but they are not for anyone that may have problems with doing some fine tweaking to get them to work.

Banned

maybe if he gave me 50 bucks each to take them. That way i could afford some extra blood pressure meds.

Hafta agree with Lloyd on this one.....the same for the Loadmasters...if you think Lee has the primer issues "fixed" saunter on over to the Loadmaster zone, mention you have a surefire "fix" for the primer system and see how many hits you get for information and or buying your "fix"....I've had three, wanted to like them, got them to work pretty well, but you never knew when the da$# things were gonna implode....might goes weeks, months, well maybe not months, but awhile with everthing just zippin right along, then kachink, or may be everytime you try to use it...to much for me...to bad to, simple design, easy to work on (thank god) but not quite there...

I have two of them ( 45 / 44 ) I don't prime on them, because it just never worked... I will say they seem to have work as well as the others i have tried ( the L&L ) but if i ever walked away from my lee every thing seemed to goto hell... suppose it depends on how many rounds you want to kick out, if you’re doing one session a month it may be worth it. also lee has many parts in-stock for warranty IE I just sent them back a 45 mold that has been out of stock 3+ months ( or more ) and with in two days they turned around a new one. . . ( can't say enough good things about them, at least their service, but I suspect they get a lot of practice. )

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post
    I would save up my money and buy Dillion.
    +1 on that for sure! Dillon by far is the best progressive with the warranty and customer service that is second to none. I have 2 550's, one bought new and one used. The used one broke about 8 years ago and after talking with D.P. they said to just send it back. To add to that, my tumbler broke(have had it since 95, IIRC) and was told the same thing. Very nice people to deal with.
    Coffee fueled, Beer cooled!

Boolit Master

Didn't take long for this thread to turn into a Lee bashing exercise. I own and sometimes still use my 1000's for short runs as they do have their place and yes they do need tweaking and this is not for everybody. Yes, I do own and operate the blue and other red equipment as well. They all have their pros and cons but his does not matter to the targets at the range.

To answer the OP's question I would say $50-75 each sounds about right. Price could be higher because of the high demand during this current shortage.

Boolit Bub
    Not bashing Lee products. When they do something right, it is usually a very useful and quality tool; their collet neck dies and the FCD are prime examples. Lee is kinda like hit or miss..... I just happen to use more items from RCBS, Redding and Dillon on a more regular basis.
    Coffee fueled, Beer cooled!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast