WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Multi Tool?

Boolit Master
    I've only had one, the Leatherman 300. Buggered up the wire cutters, and Leatherman replaced it with their latest model with replaceable blades. Great tool! Reasonable price, too.
    I gave that one to my son one Father's day; wish I had it again...maybe for Christmas.

I carry the leatherman 300 from the moment it first came out and have been a leatherman fan for almost 30 years... Every time i break one i just pop in to some place they are sold and it is replaced... And i like the size and locking blades, as well as the replaceable cutters... I got turned off to the Gerber's years ago when their original multi tool did not have a gap between the plier handles, thus crunching my fingers on more then one occasion... Last time it happened, i chucked them as far as i could with my smashed fingers and never bought another. But the ease of replacement upon breaking for me is the ringer.. I have broken many over the years, and have always received a smile and a "here's your new one" from any dealer... I feel naked when i don't have it on my belt.

I saw a really cool one from a guy who set blasting charges for highway construction. It looked like a regular Leatherman tool, except instead of the wire cutter was a crimper for blasting caps, and one of the tools was a kind of pick for punching holes through gelatin dynamite sticks. I have no idea what I would do with one, but I thought it was cool that such a thing was available.

In the lab we refer to the Leatherman as "the warranty voiding tool". If you're using it, it means someone lost the regular tools and you're about to do something you'll probably regret.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Bub
    Would it be wrong to say my wife? lol said in a loving way, she is a very handy woman. I would say the Wave leatherman, that thing has a tool on it for everything and is super sharp. Hard to find a tool with that many useful items on it that takes up that little space.

Banned
    4 pound sledge hammer.

Boolit Mold
    leatherman is the best I have found so far.

My benchmade spring assisted blade I found in Afghanistan and my callused hands are the best combo I've used thus far. I find having a multitool on my hip gets caught in just about everything so I stopped carrying it.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Gerber for sure, I got two, one blunt nose that I keep with my SRK in a sheath and a needle nose one that stays in the car. I like the slide out pliers, others have a fold out style, I have trouble with them not opening when there is dirt in the jaws.

I've got a Leatherman Super Tool and a Buck Folding Hunter on my belt every day and a Swiss Army Knife in my pocket.

Boolit Mold

I carried a cheap Leatherman for several years, but I upgraded to Charge-AL about 5 years ago, and I love it. Single-handed access to blades that lock open, sturdy, edge-holding 154 CM blades, and nice screwdrivers and pliers. Love it.

Boolit Buddy
    I've tried several multi-tools and just haven't found one that I liked well enough to keep in my EDC gear. They were either too bulk/heavy or too small to be truly useful. I do keep two in my BOB that is also my hiking and hunting pack but have yet to need or use them.

I have found my Swiss Army Knife (Trekker) to be very useful (everyday) and always have it with me. It is big enough to be useful and small enough to be part of my EDC kit.

It isn't perfect. I would probably trade the saw for another knife blade if I could as it is the least used component. The spear point blade is OK, but less than ideal for processing fish and game - I like a better point and more sweep in the forward cutting edge.

It is really easy to open one handed. The tools tools have been REALLY handy when I've used/needed them and saved me a good bit of walking.

Have owned different brands but gotta go with Leatherman. Both them and Gerber are made right here in Oregon but only one for me.

Boolit Master
    I got a Leatherman 300 for my birthday or fathers day last year. Something like that, I love it. I would wear it everyday, but its a bit heavy for scrub pants. It currently resides in my range bag or whatever backpack I happen to be using most.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Buddy
    I carry a Leatherman, one version or another, almost every day.

I bought a Leatherman on clearance when I was around 16 for about $10-15. I carried it every day.

I broke it at work one night when I was around 25, got on Leatherman's website and sent it in. They replaced it with a Leatherman Blast because the original model was discontinued and mine was worn out.

I carried the Blast every day, and snapped the knife blade field dressing a hog(long story that ended in us almost missing a wedding that morning)

Sent it in, and I got another new Blast in the mail a few days later, it's still in the car as a backup.

About two years ago, I found another original Leatherman in a pawnshop with clearance knives for $5, so I carry it everyday now. Nothing against the Blast, I just prefer the slimmer profile of the original.

Go back to the job where I broke my Leatherman. Other guys had different flavors they carried, but it was this job that turned me off to Gerber tools for life. Even with their warranty.

A friend of mine had a Gerber tool, I'm not sure which one, but he broke a lip/ear/jaw off the pliers. He called Gerber and they refused to warranty the tool without the original receipt.

That turned me off to Gerber and I won't buy one(not saying I haven't had some garage sale finds around the house, I just won't pay for a new one)

I never had an issue with Leatherman and their 'no questions asked' 25 year warranty.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

I've tried Schrade and Gerber but have always went back to Leathermans.
    Doing costruction and building miles and miles of fence every year, we've broke several. Between me and my brother we sent in about 12 Super tools in the same box last year. They replaced every one with a new Core since they dont make the ones we had anymore. Since then we've both found a couple more broken ones that we couldnt find at the time. Have to send them in too.

You just cant beat the customer service.

Boolit Bub
    I carry a leatherman supertool 300 everyday for work duties (industrial maintenance tech.) When i'm not at work I trade that weight and belt position for a sidearm. I fell in love with a Gerber dime recently and carry that and a small flashlight in my watch pocket when I'm not at work.

My fave is the victorinox Swiss tool. Quality all the way. It's heavy, but has plenty of use. I also have a supertool 300. it's not quite the quality of the victorinox but I like the replaceable blade idea on the cutters.

I carry a Leatherman original and a Mini-Mag led virtually every day. One Sunday after church I reached for both and had to go change to jeans where they were on the belt.
    TC
    Ain't nothin hard of you have the right tools - and know how to use 'em.

Boolit Mold
    I have Gerbers, Kershaws and Leathermans. I use a Coleman the most though. I won it in a Salmon Derby over 15 years ago. The tools in each handle are removable and can be switched out for different tool schemes. It is nice to have a set of pliers and a screw driver from the same tool at the same time. Maybe I just don't have the right model of the other makers?

Banned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast