MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seller's Remorse

Boolit Buddy

Seller's Remorse

Inspired by Kick me I should have bought it

What have you sold that you really wish you had back?

With that in mind I'd like your input on something I'm considering. I'm going to be joining a new range soon that has, among other things, practical pistol matches. I don't really have a good PP gun. I do have a colt king cobra that I am considering selling. It's seen a lot of use and does have a bit of rust but its very accurate and a joy to shoot. The only thing I use it for is target. It would be nice to be able to compete. Here's the kicker - it was the first gun I ever bought. I was 16 (24 years ago)

Your thoughts?

Oh, to answer my question - I had a Ruger 308 target rifle I wish I hadn't sold

I have bought and sold and bought and sold and bought and sold several Ruger single sixes.....................

Boolit Buddy
    As far as guns go. I have had absolutely no sellers remorse because...................I have never sold a gun just for that very reason..............don't want to say, wish I had never sold that.

Bret

i wish i never sold my gold cup

i would not sell that gun if i was you, the 1st gun ya own is something to be refurbed and loved forever.
    however i do understand selling it to replace with something new. but i still would not get rid of my 1st
    FEAR YOUR GOVERNMENT

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Dont want to talk about it. Not fun" HAVING TO SELL" treasured posessions. Wana let the wounds heal and not pic the scabs.

Boolit Buddy
    Man, this was supposed to be a lighthearted discussion but I didn't think it through. I'm depressed now.

Boolit Master

Browning B-78 in 7mm mag. Damned rifle would put em through the same hole and was beautiful to behold. Had to sell it during some rough econimic times but damn I sure miss that rifle. Also regret all the 94's in both 30-30 and 32 Win Special i've parted with through the years as well as the Colt Woodsman my buddy just "had to have".

My old Model 70 Safari Express Grade in .458 Win Mag. I bought it as a shooter and used it as a shooter for twenty years, but I figured it had gone up substantially in those years. It did not and I sold it for $550.00 a year ago. I don't really care that much about he increase in value, but I just enjoyed loading and casting for it as well as shootin' it.

Sigh..... I bet the guy who bought it doesn't shoot it much. It had a Lyman peep sight and was ACCURATE! It would keep three shots touching at 100 yds. with those peep sights IF the boolit and load were correct and I had a "good eye day".

Such is life, as they say, eh?
    PSP
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Too many regrets to list but my former Rem 700 BDL in 22/250 sits atop the list and that was over twenty years ago. Also a Bob Allen gun case made of different colors of suede I let go with a shotgun to support my dirt bike habit back then. Don't really miss the shotgun but I'd sure love to have that purdy case back. FB

Boolit Master
    I had to sell all but three of my collection due to wife's health problems and loss of her insurance, really didn't have a choice as she needed the treatments to save her life, I will never get it back so be happy she survived. Learn to be happy with the future as that is where you will spend the rest of your life, unless you fall over now.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

I use ta have this Rambler station wagon ............

Boolit Grand Master
    A beautiful model 64 Winchester .30 WCF. I traded it for a $75 stereo when I was about 21.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Never sold a gun, but that 54 Healy 100S - yea, wish I hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I don't really have a good PP gun. I do have a colt king cobra that I am considering selling. It's seen a lot of use and does have a bit of rust but its very accurate and a joy to shoot. The only thing I use it for is target.
    Run the Colt King. Keep it simple. There's too many guns I wish I'd kept. One was a Marlin lever action in 30-30.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I too, am getting depressed thinking of all the things I wish I still had... all the 1911's I sold when unemployed a bunch of years ago... the 1961 Jaguar XK150... the 1949 Packard...

<<sigh>>
    Last edited by StratsMan; 04-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.

1961 Jaguar XK150 - bet that really hurts. Was that the drop head coupe? Probably the sexiest looking car ever made.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    1961 Jaguar XK150 - bet that really hurts. Was that the drop head coupe? Probably the sexiest looking car ever made.
    Mine was a fixed-head... white on red...

<< sorry, no hijack intended...>>

and the 1911's were purty, too...

Boolit Master
    Yes. I have regretted every gun I have sold. About 20 years ago, I decided not to sell any more guns. I have not sold any since then. I have given away some to family members, but not sold any.

Boolit Buddy
    I sold my handgun collection due to needing the money at the time, 20+ years ago. TC Super 14 30-30, with Lyman sights on it, my first gun I bought, along with a scoped sighted 22 Hornet, a BF Arms in 7mm Supermag serial number was in the high 300's, Silver Hornpiper (Ruger 10 1/2" SBH stainless), and a Colt Combat Commander. I have a good collection now but I still miss them.

Boolit Grand Master

Regret not having the two I've sold? Yeah. Regret selling them? Never. Had very good reasons to do so then and they are still valid.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast