Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .22 LR auction insanity

In Remembrance

.22 LR auction insanity

I was just looking on an auction site for a local auctioneering company for a personal estate. The auction ends tonight. There are many lots of .22 LR ammo in unopened boxes listed. What really stunned me was the bids for 2 bulk 525 boxes of Rem ammo, the last bid was for $250! CCI green tag competition ammo of 5 trays was $198! I guess if you can`t find it in stores then the auction venue is where you find it.Robert

You can't fix stupid.

Boolit Master
    I have come to the conclusion that there are folks in the world that have so much money that price is literally no object. So far it is still posible to buy 22 ammo although at nasty prices for us working folks. I'm am very glad I had the foresight to stock up before the madness started. Unless you absoluetly have to have 22s right now, I would wait. Cast some boolits for your deer rifle and shoot cheaper than 22LR. That's not always easy to do but now you can. And, when the shelves fill back up, be sure to stock up, as it will happen again.

Boolit Master
    A guy on my local Backpage.com is trying to $25.00 for a CCI 100 pack. Local GS has 333 packs at $49.99.

This past saturday I was at a gun auction and they sold some 22's. The opening and only bid was from the internet and it was for, get ready, $37.50- per 100 round pack. They were older cci's and there was 14 of them. Every one just laughed. Oh, you also have to figure in the 18% for bidding on the internet. So the new total is now $44.25. I almost ran home and grabbed a couple of bricks.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master
    These crazy buyers really have me tempted to pull out and sell the brick of Thunberbolts I found in the back of the cabinet the other day.

This was posted on Rimfire Central
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=335875294
    over $2500.00 for 4500 rounds of 17m2.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I sometimes can take a break at the local gun store I see people buy ammo and never asked the price just how many can they get. No his prices are not crazy but they sure are not cheap.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    Now I dont feel so bad about paying 4.99 a box for the 2000 rds for wolf mt a few months back. I stocked up a few years back on 7000 rds of bulk ammo on sale at 8.99 a brick of 500 rds. I just shake my head when I see the prices there getting today. Rick!

In Mattoon , IL last week 22's bid at auction to $80 per 100 count box. Winner took all ten boxes. $800.00 for one thousand 22 rim-fires.

On the flip side an old friend of my girl friends wanted some 22's to shoot. I sold him two boxes for what the receipt listed. $7.50 for two boxes. Then I gave him a sandwich bag full of 38 Specials to use in his snubby he is now compelled to carry around his farm since he was burglarized this year. When he mentioned how hard they were to get. My reply was we are not out of ammo.

I got into rimfire shooting pretty heavy a couple years ago and would buy a brick or bulk pack any time I was at Wal-Mart. Stopped buying over a year ago now as I figured I had plenty. About a month ago I counted up my .22 ammo, as I was curious as to what I could get based on the current bids on Gunbroker. I have over 13,000 rounds of .22 on hand. Some 550 packs, 500 winchester bulk, some of the automatch and several bricks of the Federal 510B. Based on the bids at the time, I could have bought a couple nice rifles that I have been wanting. I'm hanging onto it as I slowed down on the rimfire shooting and shouldn't need to buy .22 ammo again.

The prices on this thread vary from the very high to the very unbelievable (insane). I think some of these sales must be bogus (not completed) more like asking prices.

regards,

I went to an auction last Wednesday night. 22LR counted out in plastic bags of 50 rounds went for $14.00 per 50. Buyer took all of them. Same buyer bid $55 for 50 rounds of 223 reloads. He took three boxes of 50. 308 brass went for $18.00 a box. I think I got one of the only deals of the night. Two boxes factory ammo 222 and 222 Mag for $6.00 per box. Almost forgot, 223 Wolf ammo went for $22 a box. I'm going to clean out the closets for the next auction!