RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Don't you hate it when...

Boolit Master

Don't you hate it when...

The TV networks just rescheduled Vegas to the same time as Grimm. #@$%^#@. Wife and I really like Grimm but I like Vegas too since its period is the same time I got to know the town (late 50's early 60's) when the town had adult leadership (the mob).

Welcome to the 21st century, just go to hulu the following day, and watch Grimm like I do.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Grand Master

TV? Time wasted better spent loading, casting, shooting or even doing housework. Waste of money as well. Seems the more we pay, the less we get. TV's been "dark" for well over a year, gets easier every day.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

man I get bent when I miss the burns and allen show or the jack benny show.
    I hate the broadcast network programs.

Banned

Burns and Allen, truly great comedy skits right there. There's some good stuff on Hulu, most of it older than me.

Gear

this household hasn't spent money on cable in almost a decade. I moved to a town where the average cable bill is $100 or more a month..... I said heck no, "you know how many bullets that is??" We watch some movies with amazon prime, and like said above can catch the occasional show on the net' if we really want to. Folks normally ask us how we have time for all the hobbies we do. I just tell them I don't watch the idiot tube......

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    The TV networks just rescheduled Vegas to the same time as Grimm. #@$%^#@. Wife and I really like Grimm but I like Vegas too since its period is the same time I got to know the town (late 50's early 60's) when the town had adult leadership (the mob).
    Well you'll just have to get used to it airing on Saturday's, starting next week. Don't watch much network TV myself but that's what my Yahoo-Fu told me. Anywho, one of the few I did watch just lost me, CBS in it's infinate wisdom and in the spirit of being fair and balaced offered it's deranged view of christian tolerance last night on "Blue Bloods." A Catholic father killed his daughter because she converted to Islam. I dunno what planet these ding-dongs are from but they just keep hitting dingers out of the park with middle america. First their Amazing Race stunt with Hanoi now this. My splurge at Wally World on my John Wayne "Adventure Pack" looks like my viewing choice tonight. I haven't seen Hatari or Donovan's Reef in a couple of years.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Don't forget Red Skelton...........now that's 'funny too.........and Art Linkletter...
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

Did anyone watch Dave Allen At Large besides me? I had to stay up late and watch it on the small portable B&W TV. It was the only TV we had that the antenna would pick up the reception for that channel. The antenna for the color TV in the den wouldn't pick up the channel. You had to set the portable on the table the same way and fiddle with the antenna till you got it exactly right, but eventually you could tune it in. We were in Eighty-Four Pennsylvania at the time, and if I remember right the channel that had Dave Allen and Benny Hill too was somewhere out of Ohio.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Buddy
    What was behind the green door. And the shadow knows.use to scare the heck out of me.I know it was radio but .it was what we had.
    Then came tv.
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master

Hmmm, I'll never forget staying up to watch Benny Hill. When I was 6-8y/o my sister would wake my brother and I up late on Sat. night to watch music video's, before MTV's time. Can't remember what it was called, just cool for a kid to see the music in tune with images.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master
    P.K., i agree with you about the tv show, Blue Bloods. It is now political correction gone wild.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN