RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wart

Boolit Master

Had a few when I was a kid. Bit them off or dug them out with a pocket knife. Had one on the tip of my middle finger while I was in Haiti with the Navy. Used a mini pair of pliers to pull it out. Kept scraping it off and it kept coming back. Not until I got the root out did it go away for good. My daughter has one right in the middle of her palm. She dug at it and it went away. Came back in about a month. Need to get to the root.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy

When I was a teenager, long long ago, I removed a couple warts by heating the head of a pin red hot and burning the wart out. No nerves in the wart so just stink and sizzle at first. However getting the root was not fun. Wouldn't recommend it, but it was fast and effective.

Starbits
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Had one burned off my foot as a kid the doc used something like a soldering iron but he numbed it first wasn't bad. Had one on my thumb a few years ago and that one I dug out myself. I sure wish I had known about stump water instead.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

I started with the salicylic acid last evening. Will keep on it.

Have lots of 'dry ice' at work. Might be worth a crack if nothing else.

The black powder is looking attractive!
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Jeff,

I wonder if you should use FFFFg FFFg FFg Cannon or Cartridge, or maybe Swiss 'cause it doesn't foul as bad ? I wouldn't reccommend Pyrodex if you're around a lot of water, might get some corrosion around the toenails !

Mods you can move this to the BPC or ML forum if needed!
    Last edited by dagger dog; 04-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master

Maybe it was just a coincidence, but this worked for me once as a kid: Paint the top of the wart with nail polish. This cuts off the air to the wart. Maintain the coating for about two weeks, until the wart scabs over, and then peel the polish and wart off, which leaves a small divot in the skin. It has the advantage of not being painful or overly dangerous.

Boolit Master

Stay away from freezing. It's ineffective and painful. Burn it or try to asphxiate the thing.

Boolit Master

Jeff i have had two warts in my life i tried everything above except the laser and xrays what eventually worked was the sap from a milkweed plant if i remember correctly i put it on twice a day and covered with a bandage. This cure came from either Paul Harvey or a news paper article.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I just grab them with pliers and cut them off with a razor. Had a planters on my foot that felt like I was pulling it out all the way to my knee. That one hurt real bad!
    That's what I do, I use my "made from a straight razor" patch knife.

Banned

Sounds like a plantar wart, I'd follow Scottiemom and Mk42gunner's advice. Those things are shaped like corkscrews and go very deep, the topical stuff isn't going to do much good.

Gear

Boolit Master

I had a plantars wart in the arch of my foot when I was little. It was about a half an inch across. The doctor cut it out with a knife after he deadened my foot. Didn't feel too bad after the shot. I did have a large divit in my foot for a while until it healed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123