Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 2 or 4 cavity brass 45 Ruger Only Cramer HP

Boolit Master

I might get into this buy. I'm not committing but wanted to post something to get email notices enabling me to follow the thread.

Banned

When will this GB close and an order placed?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman View Post
    When will this GB close and an order placed?
    MiHec will say when to close it........ when is his option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohillbilly View Post
    45 2.1 I believe I was in on the first run and cannot remember , but think it was a 2 cav run . Would you link me to it ? THANK YOU
    I remember it was a two cavity... PB or GC, but who ran it and when I can't find. The search function isn't too friendly on this one. Sorry...............

Boolit Master
    Put me down for a two cavity plainbase with penta and cup pins. tolman_paulatyahoodotcom

Any idea on roughly how long the turnaround is after a group buy closes?

Banned

Anybody got any pics from the last run(s) of these. Would like to see all the variations.

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    Any idea on roughly how long the turnaround is after a group buy closes?
    Two weeks to two months...........

Thread updated...............

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Cancel me on this one, I decided to go for the lighter 454640 design.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Gotta have this 'un. 2 cavity with Large Hollow point pin and a blank set to make a solid point. gas check please gunner at tctwest dot net. Hope this'un gets made soon..

Banned
    Will take a 2 cavity GC, large, small & blank pins
    tbrolliniATgciDOTnet

Thanks

2 cavity Gas Check all Pins Please

chuckbuster at hotmail dotcom

Thanx
    Betting this will also make a DANDY boo lit in a sabot for 50 cal inline ML
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Buddy
    Hate to do this but please take me off of this one. I'm #23. Just worked a deal on basically this exact mold from a forum member here. I can live without the HP for now

Boolit Master

If I am correct that I can pay the paypal invoice using a credit or debit card WITHOUT a paypal account (I ask because I do not have a PP account) then I want:

2 cavity
    plain base
    large HP and penta HP pins
    clatch at gmail dot com

I would like to have a 2 cavity, PB, lg. penta, and blank pins. salmtruttataol.com

Moderator Emeritus

I could use some advise here. I just purchased the Ruger Blackhawk 45c/45acp convertible revolver 4 5/8" barrel. From what I can see, two good choices would be this mould or the 454-308-Keith. They are fairly close in weight, but the metplat is larger in this one. I also plan to pick up a Marlin 1894 CB in 45c in the foreseeable future. My thought is to order this mould for the Blackhawk (paper punching for now). I would assume that I would need a different mould for the Marlin and am trying to be proactive, so should I be getting both moulds to do what I want or is there a better mould for the Marlin? I know it is a gamble without slugging the barrel. Each time I look at a different mould I start doubting myself. I would appreciate some advise based upon your actual experiences. (I also started a thread in Mold section - since I am new to casting and the group buys take awhile, I am trying to use my faulty crystal ball to guess what I need) Thanks for any help. - Ron
    Last edited by MrWolf; 12-24-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I could use some advise here. I just purchased the Ruger Blackhawk 45c/45acp convertible revolver 4 5/8" barrel. From what I can see, two good choices would be this mould or the 454-308-Keith. They are fairly close in weight, but the metplat is larger in this one. I also plan to pick up a Marlin 1894 CB in 45c in the foreseeable future. My thought is to order this mould for the Blackhawk (paper punching for now). I would assume that I would need a different mould for the Marlin and am trying to be proactive, so should I be getting both moulds to do what I want or is there a better mould for the Marlin? I know it is a gamble without slugging the barrel. Each time I look at a different mould I start doubting myself. I would appreciate some advise based upon your actual experiences. (I also started a thread in Mold section - since I am new to casting and the group buys take awhile, I am trying to use my faulty crystal ball to guess what I need) Thanks for any help. - Ron
    OK, my advice. Buy/sign up for this mold now...... then wait. Someone else has had the same thoughts and there is another design in the works for a mold that will be for the rifles..... GC/PB with a shorter nose. After the holidays I'll work on it (and a certain 6.5 mold for the Grendel).

Boolit Master

I want to clarify my earlier post: I have found that I can indeed pay through paypal without having an account, so I *DO* want to sign up for the mold I mentioned in post #75:

2 cavity
    plain base
    large HP and penta HP pins
    clatch at gmail dot com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    OK, my advice. Buy/sign up for this mold now...... then wait. Someone else has had the same thoughts and there is another design in the works for a mold that will be for the rifles..... GC/PB with a shorter nose. After the holidays I'll work on it (and a certain 6.5 mold for the Grendel).
    Is that to say this won't work in a lever action? That is part of the reason why I want this mold. If it won't fit then I would like to drop this one and wait for the other mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
    Is that to say this won't work in a lever action? That is part of the reason why I want this mold. If it won't fit then I would like to drop this one and wait for the other mold.
    We have several people from the previous GB's of this design using this boolit in leverguns (see the GB results forum). I believe they seat them a little further up the nose and crimp for that. They report very good functioning and excellent accuracy with them. This one weighs more though. The levergun boolit mentioned will be close to standard weight of 250 gr.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast