Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 2 or 4 cavity brass 45 Ruger Only Cramer HP

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago

MiHec 2 or 4 cavity brass 45 Ruger Only Cramer HP

MiHec 2 or 4 cavity brass 45 Ruger Only Cramer HP
    This is about the third rerun of this design. This will be a two or four cavity cramer brass HP mold in either plain base or gas check. It will cast at 0.454". It fits the Ruger Single Action Blackhawk cylinder length. The meplat to crimp groove measurement is 0.456".

This GB is Closed.....

We will need fifteen to commit to this. We will run this until we get the number we need or until the GB closes.

For the two cavity mold, the price is $85 with one set of pins included plus $8 per extra pin set if wanted plus $15 shipping.

For the four cavity mold, the price is $120 with one set of pins included plus $16 per extra pin set if wanted plus $20 shipping.

If the HP pins are not suitable for reversal to a solid, the blank pins come with the price of the mold. If you do not want the HP pin sticking out of the base of the mold, in the case of reversable pins, you can order a set of blank pins for a smooth mold bottom.

Pin options: 1) large HP, 2) penta HP, 3) small HP, 4) cup HP, 5) blank pin for flat nose

Weights for various options: Solid = 327 gr., large/penta hp = 299 gr., small hp = 311 gr., cup hp = 321 gr.

Sequence of events: Participants order molds and are placed on the list, the Group Buy will close (which will be posted on the thread) at some time determined by MiHec, the molds are made from the orders on the list at the time it is closed or by altering what you want via PM to MiHec after it's closed. Extra molds should be available... order them by PM to MiHec. Invoices will be sent out via e-mail from the listed addresses and you pay by using Paypal...... It is my understanding the invoice will be in Euros which Paypal converts from Euros to dollars. After you pay, the mold gets shipped.

Please list your Forum name and your disguised e-mail address in suitable form, the base type wanted... either plain base or gas check, the pin options you think you want and the number of molds you want.

Here is the sign-up list:
    Please check your listing... If it has blue in it, you need to post that information to me.
    1. BigHoss74.....Bri2906 at aol dot com.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with large HP pins and One set of handles
    2. harley45.....Eric at whitetigerblog dot com.....One 4 cavity ??? mold with all pins
    3. Coltman.....randyatnorthspoondotneeeeeeeet.....One 4 cavity gas check mold with large and blank pins
    4. contender1.....rugersa44atyahoo.com.....One 4 cavity gas check mold with penta HP and blank pins
    5. MBuechle.....mbuechle at icloud dot com.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with penta HP pins
    6. FLINTNFIRE.....lowtons at gmail dot com.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with large, penta, small HP and blank pins
    7. jimgun.....jgruver2013 at gmail dot com.....One 4 cavity ??? mold with all pins
    8. osteodoc08.....tomgarcia15 AT yahoo DOT com.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with penta HP and blank pins
    9. CPL Lou.....louiestanfield (at) gmail (dot) com.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with all pins
    10. bushog.....boo-haaa at hotmail (dot) com.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with large, penta, small HP and blank pins & One 4 cavity gas check mold with large, penta, small HP and blank pins
    11. Johnny_Cyclone.....robert (spot) simon (ack) cox (spot) net.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with large & penta HP and blank pins
    12. mofugly13.....mofugly13ataoldotcom.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with all pins
    13. lar45.....Lar45 Glenn ack LsStuff spot com.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with large & penta HP and blank pins
    14. Santiam.....bryanatchison at centurytel dot net.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with all pins
    15. M99SavNut.....tex(number3)rd AT HotelCharlieTangoCharlie.net..... One 4 cavity plain base mold with penta HP and blank pins
    16. Slow Elk 45/70..... need e-mail address .....One 2 cavity ??? mold with large HP pins
    17. counterfitter.....OnecounterfitterATyahooDOTcom... ..One 2 cavity gas check mold with all pins
    18. 30calpal.....agw at agwilsonlaw dot com .....One 2 cavity gas check mold with penta & cup HP pins
    19. ncbearman.....hgi at earthlink dot net.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with all pins
    20. dusty341.....need e-mail address.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with all pins
    21. greywuff.....greywuff at gci dot net..... One 4 cavity plain base mold with large, penta, small and cup HP pins
    22. Bluestraw.....Bluestraw at a o l ( d o t ) c o m.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with all pins
    23. alha.....snowserver (at) hotmaildotcom.....One 4 cavity gas check mold with all pins and One 4 cavity plain base mold with all pins
    24. skeet028.....gunner at tctwest dot net.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with large HP and blank pins
    25. jiandawg.....jiandawg at gmail dot com.....One 4 cavity gas check mold with penta HP pins
    26. Loc n Load.....Wewestjr01 at frontier dot com.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with large, penta, small and blank pins
    27. Pivpav.....olegf9 (at) yandex (dot) ru.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with large and penta HP pins and One set of handles
    28. Luis R.....M40A1 at sbc global dot net.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with penta HP and blank pins
    29. boatswainsmate.....ericlee6969 at hotmail dot com.....One 2 cavity gas check mold with all pins
    30. MrWolf.....ronyulick at verizon dot net.....One 4 cavity plain base mold with all pins
    31. bdicki.....brucedotdickinsonatglvdotcom.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with penta HP and blank pins
    32. birddog.....charlie16shooter at yahoo dot com.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with large HP and blank pins
    33. Dirtdgger.....Dirtdgger3355atyahoodotcom.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with penta HP and blank pins
    34. JakeLeg.....steffindATgrmDOTnet.....One 2 cavity plain base mold with large HP and blank pins
    35. AaronE.....need e-mail address.....One 2 cavity ? mold with all pins

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45 Colt Ruger only GCHP.jpg 
Views:	2535 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	67548
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 09-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Boolit Mold
    What makes this bullet ruger only?

I'll sign up for the 2 cavity with hp's 1,2,3 and 4 extra for a total cost of $124.
    hicardattheskybeamdotcom
    Last edited by hicard; 04-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Master
    I'm in for one with all 5 pins! 4 cavity
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoocld View Post
    The length of it, its rather long. This is one of my favortie boolits I cast.

Boolit Mold
    One 2 cavity mold with all 5 pin options please.
    Jason Freeman
    jasonlfreeman at bellsouth dot net
    Thanks
    Post corrected
    Last edited by Jason Freeman; 04-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    The length of it, its rather long. This is one of my favortie boolits I cast.
    If my memory serves me right, I only have .050" to sparebefore this bullet becomes flush with the end my the cylinder in my particular Ruger .45 colt.

Boolit Master
    Can you link this to the original GB? Or, do you have the Mihec mold number? I have one that is close & I don't need to order another one that's like what I already have.

Actually it just fits the Ruger cylinder length and is too long for the Colt. It does fit other cylinders as long or longer than the Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by hicard View Post
    I'll sign up for the 2 cavity with hp's 1,2,3 and 4 extra for a total cost of $124.
    Quote Originally Posted by harley45 View Post
    I'm in for one with all 5 pins! 4 cavity
    You guys need to edit your posts with a disguised e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Freeman View Post
    One mold with all 5 pin options please. Thanks
    How many cavities on the mold?

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Can you link this to the original GB? Or, do you have the Mihec mold number?
    The first GB was a two cavity, either plain base or gas check... those were both marked MP 454-297 HP. The second was a four cavity solid... probably marked MP 454-297.

Thread somewhat updated.............

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I have a 454-640,,, so I didn't want to duplicate.
    I'll get in on this one.
    Make mine a 4-cavity, with the blank pins & a set of penta pins.
    contender
    my email;
    rugersa44atyahoo.com

Thanks!

Boolit Mold
    One 2 cavity mold with large and penta pins.

dbishop2 at woh dot rr dot com

Boolit Mold
    Will this work in a S&W mod.25 and won't this also make a fine bullet for an 1873 rifle clone?
    What is the overall length once loaded?

Boolit Master

I am in one 4 cavity plain base with Pin options: large HP, penta HP, small HP, blank pin for flat nose FLINTNFIRE lowtons at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by dgb553 View Post
    Will this work in a S&W mod.25 and won't this also make a fine bullet for an 1873 rifle clone? What is the overall length once loaded?
    Meplat to crimp groove is 0.456". You will have to figure the suitability for your firearms as cylinder lengths are not the same on all S&W 45's.

Thread updated................

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    Meplat to crimp groove is 0.456". You will have to figure the suitability for your firearms as cylinder lengths are not the same on all S&W 45's.

Thread updated................
    Okay, Thanks! That makes it about .056 longer then my standard 45 Colt load.

the drawing shows this as a PB, is that correct or do we get the option?

hello, please put me down for a 4 cavity with all pins. thanks jimgun jgruver2013 at gmail dot com
    lee c309-150f, lee 358-158rf, lee c430-310rf, tc 50rb, noe 311041, noe 311291, noe 358009, noe 358318, noe 360180wfn and still collecting

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
    the drawing shows this as a PB, is that correct or do we get the option?
    Sure hope that we can get it with a gas check!!!!!

OK......... for those of you who want to waste money on a gas check, the option for it is now here. For the previous folks that have signed up, please alter your post to say which you want. If you don't alter it I will put you down for a plain base.

Thread updated............

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar
    Would like a 4 cavity plain base mold with PENTA HP pins and a BLANK pin set.
    sta358atbellsouthdotnet

Got to thinking what 45 2.1 said about gas checks.
    That and the fact I already own a 2 cavity GC version of this big rascal!!!

Tom

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast