WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why 22lr are bought up for ?

Boolit Master

I'm shooting a Benji air rifle,and a Crosman 1377 pistol until the frenzy is gone and we get back to normal!I guess the positive about this is its slowly getting us out of this recession pit that libtards put us in...GT27
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master
    A few days ago I told my wife I might sell a few bricks of 22 and then resupply when the crazyness is over. She said NO in no uncertain terms. One minute I have way too much gun stuff and the next it's "no you are not selling anything". But, it's hard to argue with her on this one as who knows what the future will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    A few days ago I told my wife I might sell a few bricks of 22 and then resupply when the crazyness is over. She said NO in no uncertain terms. One minute I have way too much gun stuff and the next it's "no you are not selling anything". But, it's hard to argue with her on this one as who knows what the future will bring.
    Listen to your wife this time she is dead on. Never sell your stock of ammo the way things are going in this country you may need it to put food on the table and protect your family before long.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    Listen to your wife this time she is dead on. Never sell your stock of ammo the way things are going in this country you may need it to put food on the table and protect your family before long.
    I'm gonna have to side with Swamp Man on this one. If I had 10,000 rds or so, I'd be willing to sell a brick to friend that had none and couldn't find any. Other than a situation like that and conditions being what they are, I wouldn't sell so much as a 50 rd. box right now.

I'm fortunate in that the little Mom & Pop shop I deal with is still finding 22 ammo, albeit a little at a time. They know I'm looking for more and they always call me when they get some in. I don't buy all they get in, just a box or two at a time. Little by little, though, I'm stocking up.

Within months all the game will be gone when the food trucks stop coming.

I told my bud today I was thinking of selling off my 22 m60 Marlin, and the 2k rounds I have for it.

He started yelling at me over the phone, until I told him, he could have first bid.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post

I told my bud today I was thinking of selling off my 22 m60 Marlin, and the 2k rounds I have for it.

He started yelling at me over the phone, until I told him, he could have first bid.
    I live on a farm so shortage of game is something I never worry about. If I lived in a city I may worry about finding a place to find game thank God I'm a country boy.

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately, to fill their bellies, folks from the cities will strip your farm bare. After the food trucks stop, this country will turn into a Mad Max movie without the stupid costumes.

Boolit Master

Oh don't be so sure imashooter2, I have my costume ready and hanging in the closet right next to my 10/22...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Unfortunately, to fill their bellies, folks from the cities will strip your farm bare. After the food trucks stop, this country will turn into a Mad Max movie without the stupid costumes.
    Don't be silly. The gasoline will run out within a couple weeks after the cities start starving.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by I'll Make Mine View Post
    Don't be silly. The gasoline will run out within a couple weeks after the cities start starving.
    Millions will starve and die in the cities and suburban areas. The toughest and most vicious will pillage their way to every farm and prepper's compound in the country. You can walk across Texas in less than a month.

The fact is the city people will feed off of one another until the whole city is totally consumed. It is already that way in big cities it will just be on a much larger scale once the government can't pay the welfare bills.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    The fact is the city people will feed off of one another until the whole city is totally consumed.
    Swamp Man, I'm afraid that what you said may become literal fact before it's over. A few days after the internet and/or the electric grid goes down I won't be trusting anybody that I don't know to come near my family. Most people think of the internet and electric grids as givens, that they are completely reliable and will always be there. How do they think the grocer orders resupplies, gas pumps run. the entire economy runs??? They don't seem to have learned a thing from the short outages from storms, quakes, etc. What was that old saying about all your eggs in one basket?
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Boolit Master

You can walk across Texas in less than a month.
    Sure you can, if you have 2500-3000 calories a day to eat. Can you do it on 500-700 calories a day? I'm betting not...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by I'll Make Mine View Post
    Sure you can, if you have 2500-3000 calories a day to eat. Can you do it on 500-700 calories a day? I'm betting not...
    I gave it a whole lot of buffer and finding those next calories will be a hell of a motivation.

Boolit Master

Might well be -- but by that time, it looks more like Walking Dead than Road Warrior...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post

The large game will be gone in about three weeks. Most of your protein from that point will come from birds, which places a premium on pump or break barrel air rifles and large amounts of pellets.

Because lean manufacturing and just in time distribution techniques have left the supply unable to accommodate spikes in demand. If a million shooters buy an extra brick in January, just for insurance, they have just used up over a months worth of normal supply for the entire country.
    Maybe--but at the heart and soul of just-in-time and lean manufacturing is forecasting demand. Such manufacturing techniques are totally dependent upon regularly updated forecasts. If sales and marketing don't provide this information to materials management, then at some point the manufacturing end of things will be guessing on their own---and that's never good. Lean manufacturing and just-in-time, if done with everybody's involvement, all of the time, is extremely responsive. The thing is, there isn't such a thing as an accurate forecast. If the ammo companies didn't react to projected increases in demand, for whatever reason, they would be in real trouble. Projected demand has to be updated very frequently--starting with management. If not, some production control guy down the food chain will have no information to work with, and will guess and launch shop orders on his or her own. For finished ammo as well as components--like powder, primers, brass, and even raw materials.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texantothecore View Post
    The large game will be gone in about three weeks. Most of your protein from that point will come from birds, which places a premium on pump or break barrel air rifles and large amounts of pellets.
    Norway Rats will become the food of choice. Abundant, prolific, quite large, and fairly easy to bag. People who are adept at catching and raising them will be in high demand.

Boolit Buddy
    Airguns are the new .22 rimfire for right now. I'm buying a PCP pellet upper for my AR-15 instead of a rimfire upper. It costs a couple hundred more... but at least I can shoot it to my heart's content.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jlchucker View Post
    Maybe--but at the heart and soul of just-in-time and lean manufacturing is forecasting demand. Such manufacturing techniques are totally dependent upon regularly updated forecasts. If sales and marketing don't provide this information to materials management, then at some point the manufacturing end of things will be guessing on their own---and that's never good. Lean manufacturing and just-in-time, if done with everybody's involvement, all of the time, is extremely responsive. The thing is, there isn't such a thing as an accurate forecast. If the ammo companies didn't react to projected increases in demand, for whatever reason, they would be in real trouble. Projected demand has to be updated very frequently--starting with management. If not, some production control guy down the food chain will have no information to work with, and will guess and launch shop orders on his or her own. For finished ammo as well as components--like powder, primers, brass, and even raw materials.
    So you are agreeing that the supply is unable to accommodate spikes in demand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast