Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Broken sight

Boolit Buddy

Broken sight

Like a complete bone head, I managed to break the rear sight blade on my GP100. It would not be such a big deal, except THAT gun goes to the range every time I do. The problem I'm having is that I cannot find a replacement anywhere. It's bad enough that powder, primers and reloading equipment are hard to find, but gun parts?

If anyone knows where a sight blade or even a complete rear sight assembly can be found, would you please let me know.

Thanks in advance
    Kirk

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

have you considered a One Ragged Hole replacement? have one on my bfr and its sweet.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Banned

I have shot kens bfr and the sight is nice.

i'd bet you could have ruger put a new one on.

Banned

I have shot kens bfr and the sight is nice.

i'd bet you could have ruger put a new one on.

Boolit Master
    Midway usually has them in stock, but tell you what I know I have some in the dungeon, let me know what height you need and I'll send you one, can't promise whether it'll be a white outline or all black, but I'm sure I'll have the height you need.
    PM me what you need and address and I'll get one out to you, most likely on Wednesday.

Blades or complete rear sights are the same for the GP, Security Six, Super Redhawk, Redhawk and Blackhawk.
    How did you break the blade?

I have broken a rear sight on a Blackhawk. Call Ruger, they will send you one. The only problem is if it is an older weapon, like mine is, you may have to file of the little bump on the base of the blade to slide it in place. I think they use the same blade on ALL of their handguns.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    Many thanks for the input. Neither Midway, Brown or any other suppliers I can think of, have one in stock. My GP100, I'm sure, is one of the older ones as it has the factory half lug barrel. Sasquatch-1, I will call Ruger but won't be surprised if they aren't putting all parts towards new gun.

Heavy lead, Thank you for the kind offer. Unfortunately, I tossed the old sight blade out of disgust with myself as much as any thing else. Therefore, I have no idea of what the correct height would be, or even how to measure it if I did still have it. The bottom of the blade being at an irregular angle from left to right.

But anyway, I've got an idea of what to do now.
    Thanks again
    Kirk

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Ruger has replacement sight available on their site. Direct replacements, as in OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Miller View Post
    Many thanks for the input. Neither Midway, Brown or any other suppliers I can think of, have one in stock. My GP100, I'm sure, is one of the older ones as it has the factory half lug barrel. Sasquatch-1, I will call Ruger but won't be surprised if they aren't putting all parts towards new gun.
    As I said, don't order it call them first and just tell them the sight blade is broken. Do you remember if on the bottom of the blade was there a bump? If not when you get the new one from Ruger take a file or a dremel and grind this off. Once the bottom is flat you should be able to slide it right in.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.