Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Glock .40 Feeding Question

Banned

Glock .40 Feeding Question

What grain boolit feeds best in your Glock 40 cal ? Aftermarket barrel or stock ? I'm going for a low recoil .40 to shoot IDPA with but I want to make sure what grain feeds best before I buy a mold. Thanx in advance !

Boolit Master

I have a 22C and a 23, and my brother has the 22, 23, and 27. Each have been fed a steady diet of Lee 401-175 TC boolits, cast from range scrap over 5 grains of Unique through the stock barrels. They have each also digested a limited diet of the 401-145 SWC, which they fed and fired well. The only reason we shoot more of the 175 is because my brother likes them better.

The only aftermarket barrels we've used were the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrels for the 22s and the 23s. We bought those because the KCI 9mm mags were $9.95 for 2 for a while with a cheesy nylon mag pouch. Oh, and my wife kept picking up a coffee can of 9mm brass every time we went out. I figured after we had like 10k of brass we might as well start shooting 9mm again.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a countless number of round in my glock 27 and 23 using the lee 401-175-tc boolit. I dont shoot lead through my factory barrels though. Wright, wrong or indifferent I use an aftermarket barrel for the simple fact that they are my carry guns and I dont want to risk having to scrape lead out of my barrel before I carry them. For what its worth this boolit doesnt lead in my storm lake barrels.

Banned
    I've never encountered a bullet that wouldn't feed in any of my Glocks. So my answer to your question is basically: "Anything except full wadcutters." :P

Banned
    Thanx guys !

Boolit Buddy
    I also use a Lee 175 TC in my G23 with a Storm Lake barrel. No leading. Never any feeding issues at all.

Boolit Master
    As I understand it, the best way to minimize recoil is to use a heavy bullet and a small charge of fast powder. Allow me to suggest the 40cal 190gr WFN. I (with help from the good folks here) designed this boolit with the 40cal glocks in mind specifically. The first run of this mold was a huge success. There is currently 2nd run of the group buy open for new orders. You should check it out.

Link to gb thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=183875

Link to results thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=171093

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a 175 trimmed to the first lube groove, a tumble lube mold. drops at 158. shoots quite nicely. Can't look up the load just now.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    My G22 w/LW barrel likes the Lee 401-175-TC over Promo 4.0 gr. It chronographs @ 930 fps. Mild recoil, accurate and 100% reliable. The boolit drops at 180 gr. I size to .401 w/WL 2500+ and use an OAL of 1.110.

Boolit Master

I use a NOW 160gr RN. But I don't think NOE has any RN molds in stock at the moment. I use the factory barrel.

Boolit Master
    Lee 401-175-TC worked well in a friends Glock 22C with the factory barrel as well as with a Wolf aftermarket barrel. Note though the aftermarket barrel did need work to function (cycling issues); I opened up the chamber as well as put a throat on the barrel.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    in my G27 i shoot a NOE 180gr HP, feeds fine no problems using a LW after market barrel

Boolit Mold
    The TC bullets work well in all Glocks. I have had problems with semi-wad cutter designs in the 40 as the empty case being extracted catches on the shoulder and breaks the extractor, chips the lower corner off. 45 Glocks are the worse for this. The original design Glock 21 worked with all bullets but they had an upgrade and re-machined the feed rail. After mine was up-graded semi-wads never worked again.