Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ebay $ rate is what?

Boolit Buddy
    The problem I have with them making money on funds held is that THEY are the ones deciding that they can hold your funds, and for how long, so in effect they are holding your money for ransom, and the ransom is the interest that they are getting paid. Think of it this way, if they released your funds to you then you would be the one making the interest on those funds, so in essence by their deciding that they will hold your money until they get the interest out of it, they are stealing that amount from the person that it rightly belongs to. Now if they were paying the person that actually owns the funds the going interest rate and taking the premium for their having LARGE deposits then I wouldn't have quite such a problem with it.

Boolit Master
    List it here first. Just ask your price.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw on ebay there was some swaging stuff for a couple of $K, you may want to do some research and sell in smaller lots as I think it will bring more. You could just list you price and list in selling and swapping here and put in two or three groups to sell and see if you sell, nothing lost and no fees. Any reloading equipment is bringing a premium.

If you are a new seller, or have a old account that has not seen any activity for awhile ebay- paypal will hold your money, but they will take what you owe them. If you are new don't plan on getting your money quick. It was 21 days from the time it sold not the time it was listed.
    Read the fine print is all I can say!
    Last edited by 300winmag; 04-03-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Ah Well, it is the free market system!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    I have a friend that runs a business and sells a lot of antiques and musical instruments on ebay and he is complaining about the fees keep going up. He also runs into a lot of unscroupulous buyers who buy an item and then complains to ebay and paypal. Pay Pal will actually remove the money from your bank account after the sales! If a buyer complains about an item, ebay usually sides with the buyer. That being said I have been blessed dealing with ebay, out of a couple of hundred transactions, I only had one bad experience and ebay returned my money.

G

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Wizz01 View Post
    I have a friend that runs a business and sells a lot of antiques and musical instruments on ebay and he is complaining about the fees keep going up. He also runs into a lot of unscroupulous buyers who buy an item and then complains to ebay and paypal. Pay Pal will actually remove the money from your bank account after the sales! If a buyer complains about an item, ebay usually sides with the buyer. That being said I have been blessed dealing with ebay, out of a couple of hundred transactions, I only had one bad experience and ebay returned my money.

G
    OK THATS IT!!! You have officially scared me off ebay.
    I think I will list it here tomorrow for a set price. If in two weeks its not sold I will move it to Gunbroker.
    Against all advice I will list it as one lot. If I sell in parts and all parts dont sell the remaining parts are of no use to me. Either I keep it all and use it or I sell it all.

Boolit Grand Master

PayPal does not remove the money from your bank account. They remove it from your PayPal account. They basically freeze the money until the claim is worked out. PayPal does not have the rights to take money from a bank account without your authorization.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    PayPal does not remove the money from your bank account. They remove it from your PayPal account. They basically freeze the money until the claim is worked out. PayPal does not have the rights to take money from a bank account without your authorization.
    If you have a "linked" account or a "secured" account they can. Read your legal agreement. They may have stopped the practice now, but when I did a lot of business on ebay they required a bank account to be linked to ensure you did not overdraft your paypal account during purchases. It was still in their agreement about 3 years ago. A number of people complained on various forums and I pulled out my legal agreement and sure enough it was in there. I have not renewed my account so I don't know if its still in effect; but I would sure read the agreement.

G

Banned

It's still there.

The reason they are charging for shipping now, is because people were selling stuff in a buy it now type auction for like $10. Then they would charge 40,60, 100 or whatever they really wanted for an item. So they paid a fee on the $10 not on the shipping that was actually the real price. This was going on a lot and they got caught.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Same old deal, folks trying to work around or breaking the system/rules brings it down on everybody. Keeps the jerks from running everything.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Not to high jack,but a long the same lines.What if a seller has a wiget for $45 BIN,and the bid is only $30,does it go for the $30? With no mention of a reserve.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Not to high jack,but a long the same lines.What if a seller has a wiget for $45 BIN,and the bid is only $30,does it go for the $30? With no mention of a reserve.
    The short answe is yes. Thede are several caveats. If the item is a traditional item with a BIN the answer is yes. If it is BIN only the answer is no. If it is aBIN with a "Make An Offer" the answer is maybe.

G

Boolit Master
    Since I couldnt sleep last night I thought it over and decided not to sell this swaging equipment at all. I priced it out at the Corbin site at between 13 and 14 K and was going to start it at 7K on auction.
    Since there are included 17K 30 cal jackets and 9K 22 cal jackets I decided to just set up the 4 presses and make bullets. 26 K jacketed bullets at and average of $20.00 per K is over 5K$ and I would still have the equipment. Thanks for all the help. I wouldnt have come to that conclusion on my own.

Boolit Master
    I would buy some 22's from you if profile is good for AR's.
    going rate for decent bullets is a bit higher than $20 per K.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Since I couldnt sleep last night I thought it over and decided not to sell this swaging equipment at all. I priced it out at the Corbin site at between 13 and 14 K and was going to start it at 7K on auction.
    Since there are included 17K 30 cal jackets and 9K 22 cal jackets I decided to just set up the 4 presses and make bullets. 26 K jacketed bullets at and average of $20.00 per K is over 5K$ and I would still have the equipment. Thanks for all the help. I wouldnt have come to that conclusion on my own.

Boolit Master
    I was figuring $20.00 as an average price for both calibers 22 and 30 so I could get and idea of about what I might recoup on just selling the bullets and keeping the equipment. Ya know I dont really have a clue what bullets cost. Its been a looooong time.

I am no fan of selling on FEEbay. Got my little notice not too long ago that they were raising it from 9% to 10%, and that includes the shipping cost as well, and with their monopoly with Paypal, you are you looking at them taking around 14-15%.

Boolit Master
    Not to be picky but 26k bullets at an average of $20/k is not close to $5K. You are off by a decimal point. That may change your thinking on the matter. On the other hand you can get much more than $20/k for any sort of bullets. Maybe you meant $20 for a hundred bullets. That math works but that price would be high.
    ph4570

Boolit Master
    oops I ment $20.00 per 100 via the shortage driven prices.

eBay is insane. I just sold off some of my Scentsy stock (flame less candle wax),
    And they charged me a redicolous amount. I'd have been better posting it in one of my Facebook forums and not had to deal with eBay fees.
    ~Andrea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast