MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zombie ammo

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Thief View Post
    Are Zombies a big problem in USA?
    Noone (i have talked to) in Europe has seen any so i suppose that your Zombie ammo are for domestic use only!
    You did not hear about the homeless guy in Florida (Southern US State) who ate the face off a man who was trying to get away from him?
    Zombies ,is also a generic term, used by doomsday preppers in the US for hoards of people,who will roam the streets looking for food,etc.
    We on the average,have only 3 days supply of food ,in stores,and one major earthquake,say along the Mississippi river,that would destroy the river bridges would interrupt the supply of food,and most preppers,store,and hoard,a long term supply of food,and ammunition.
    Any time ,we have a major snow storm predicted,you can go into a food store here,and they are sold out.
    And that is usually only with a day or two advance warning.
    Can you imagine what would happen,if we were told it would take 6 months to a year,to rebuild these bridges. ( there is a major fault line,that runs through the midwest,that has not had a major quake since around 1900,but keeps reminding us it is there with minor rumblings)
    In Europe,there are riots,just because a team lost a game,Imagine what they would do if they were without food for a week!

Quote Originally Posted by silverman1 View Post
    You did not hear about the homeless guy in Florida (Southern US State) who ate the face off a man who was trying to get away from him?
    Zombies ,is also a generic term, used by doomsday preppers in the US for hoards of people,who will roam the streets looking for food,etc.
    We on the average,have only 3 days supply of food ,in stores,and one major earthquake,say along the Mississippi river,that would destroy the river bridges would interrupt the supply of food,and most preppers,store,and hoard,a long term supply of food,and ammunition.
    Any time ,we have a major snow storm predicted,you can go into a food store here,and they are sold out.
    And that is usually only with a day or two advance warning.
    Can you imagine what would happen,if we were told it would take 6 months to a year,to rebuild these bridges. ( there is a major fault line,that runs through the midwest,that has not had a major quake since around 1900,but keeps reminding us it is there with minor rumblings)
    In Europe,there are riots,just because a team lost a game,Imagine what they would do if they were without food for a week!
    You're talking about the New Madrid seismic zone. I'm on the eastern edge of the zone in the piedmont area of Kentucky. The worst one was in the winter of 1811/12. Estimated to be about an 8.6. The Mississippi River actually ran backwards at one point.

If something like that hit tomorrow, it would be bad. Like, "Old Testament" bad.. "Wrath of God" bad... St. Louis is at ground zero in the zone and would be toast.

And you're right. There's about 3 days of food and potable water in any given city, because that's the restocking cycle. About the same with fuel. Remember Hurricane Katrina? It wasn't "great" but folks were behaving themselves, then a couple 3 or 4 days after the hurricane hit, all of hell broke loose.

The veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."

And I believe him.
    "You can't stop the signal, Mal."

"I aim to misbehave." - Malcom Reynolds, Captain of the Serenity.

Boolit Grand Master

Speaking of that I was talking to a guy I know that does not own firearms and we got on the subject of disasters like tornado's, hurricanes, etc for some reason. What if you couldn't get food for a week? He mentioned he kept a few weeks supply which is smart and so do I and we then got onto guns. He kinda made fun of me for having so much ammo and reloading stuff and when asked me what I was going to do with it I said something like "when I run out of food I'm coming over to your house and taking all of yours". I do believe I saw a dim light go on in his eyes
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Malgus View Post
    You're talking about the New Madrid seismic zone. I'm on the eastern edge of the zone in the piedmont area of Kentucky. The worst one was in the winter of 1811/12. Estimated to be about an 8.6. The Mississippi River actually ran backwards at one point.

If something like that hit tomorrow, it would be bad. Like, "Old Testament" bad.. "Wrath of God" bad... St. Louis is at ground zero in the zone and would be toast.

And you're right. There's about 3 days of food and potable water in any given city, because that's the restocking cycle. About the same with fuel. Remember Hurricane Katrina? It wasn't "great" but folks were behaving themselves, then a couple 3 or 4 days after the hurricane hit, all of hell broke loose.

The veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."

And I believe him.
    I work in law enforcement, and I've been called after somebody goes full retard because the ice cream they wanted was out of stock.

I've arrested burglars in the not so bad times now that claimed they were stealing so they could eat when they gave a confession.

I've seen ghetto birds crying on the news during a hurricane, crying for aid before the winds have even subsided fully.

I don't think it'd even take 9 missed meals to get even a rational person re-thinking their values to put some food in their stomach or to feed their family.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a great quote

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    It's not an accidental discharge if you have a finger on the trigger.
    I think that covers about 99% of "accidents".

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgus View Post
    he veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."
    And I believe him.
    In 1974 when the fake energy crisis hit, the grocery store two blocks from my house was almost empty in just 3 HOURS. The only things left on the shelves were bags of flour, salt and basic cooking supplies. People were buying food that you could just EAT and that required no prep beyond heating or adding water. I saw one couple pushing 4 grocery carts filled with cereal. That's all that was left when they got there.

I only went there for batteries for the radios and lights. There were none left. I now have a battery drawer in the fridge which is filled with only batteries (they last longer if cooled). Don't freeze batteries, that will destroy them.

There is good advice in these posts. Some folks will turn violent and self-centered as soon as the hunger pains hit. It's always been that way.

("I hate people that quote themselves and think it's funny." - ME!!!)

Boolit Buddy
    'Don't freeze batteries, that will destroy them.'

I don't know what batteries you are using, but the batteries in my cordless tools, flashlights. cameras, etc routinely freeze. While cold, they don't have much power, but after warming they work fine. Automobile batteries lose about 70% of power at below zero temps and still start cars.

Boolit Master

I made some Zombie Bird Shot for my 45ACP using a technique as described by a fellow caster, Grumpa I think. Anyhow, cut down .308 brass and loaded with #6 and 8 Shot.

I'm sorry to be a stupid noob, but how are you sealing off the .308 brass to keep the birdshot from spilling out?

Extra stupid noob, but how does the birdshot get released upon firing? My guess is the top seal is ultra fine and breaks away upon ignition/velocity?

Boolit Mold
    Nice! I have used 45/70 cartridges and made my own bird shot rounds with white cardboard and sealed them with a dab of silicone. Once my dad saw them he wanted some for his .410 since a box of .410 shells has gotten pricey. I made him a reloading set and bought a box of brass from Buffalo Arms. The .410 brass with the light load I set up for him doesn't deform the brass and he does not have to re-size after shooting. He had the punch to make his own wads and now he is one happy varmint blaster.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130815_225733.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	79927

Zombie 5.56,300 BO, and 50 Beowulf.

Boolit Buddy
    All y'all know that this zombie stuff is just entertainment that's making people a bunch of money?

Well, have fun with it...any excuse to get to the range is a good one I guess!
    Last edited by Capt. Methane; 08-26-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Methane View Post
    All y'all know that this zombie stuff is just entertainment that's making people a bunch of money?

Well, have fun with it...any excuse to get to the range is a good one I guess!
    Say it aint so Capt! say it aint !
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

xacex, that's looks like great coverage on those boolits. Would you describe your technique?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyM3 View Post
    xacex, that's looks like great coverage on those boolits. Would you describe your technique?
    E-static powder coat on fresh cast boolits.

Got it. Looks terrific. Thanks, very much.

Home made zombie killer bullets.
    Radio active.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bbs70 View Post
    Home made zombie killer bullets.
    Radio active.

Alright! Gota dish on the glow powder application. I have been thinking of doing this with PC by adding in the glow powder. Cold tracers. Looks great!

These are not really lead boolits.
    And I know nothing about glow powder.
    It is my own secret conglomeration of stuff along with some garlic and secret sauce.

Frosted Boolits

Send some of those down to Madison County! Lookin good!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast