Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Boolit Master

You'd go through quite a bit of brass shooting that gun. I suppose the steel cased ones would be better than the brass.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master

P T Barnum was right, I found a buyer for my once-fired primers!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    A lot changed in the studios with guns & ammo about 25-30 years ago when a moronic actor on the set of a Warner Bros show was playing Russian roulette with a revolver loaded with one blank, spin the cylinder & hold to the temple, pull trigger. He got away with it a couple of times as the rest of the morons cheered him on. When it went off he was dead before he hit the floor.
    Gene pool was a touch cleaner. Need more like him in Hollyweird...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

That picture reminds me of the original Hawaii Five O. At the first it always shows a guy loading a revolver with shells that have spent primers in them. (Jim, I'm trying to get the thread back on topic).

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Well since we got off on studio ammo I just have to tell this one again. I don't remember the tv show I saw this on but it was in the very early 70's, a doctor was removing a bullet from a wounded suspect while a police detective was waiting to question him. The doc dug the bullet out of the suspect's chest and held it for the detective to see, it was the whole stinkin round case and all!

Talk about not having a clue!!
    In the current "NEWSPEAK" used by the press, many novelists and mystery writers, and even some police and courts, a "bullet" means a complete loaded round. That's why we invented the term "BOOLITS" for use here.

floodgate
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Ain't that the flash GyroJet ammo with the rocket in the base.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    That's quite common for prop ammo. I have supplied studio prop departments with such ammo in the past, highly polished brass, bullet and a fired primer. It doesn't need to go bang and the insurance people are all the happier.

A lot changed in the studios with guns & ammo about 25-30 years ago when a moronic actor on the set of a Warner Bros show was playing Russian roulette with a revolver loaded with one blank, spin the cylinder & hold to the temple, pull trigger. He got away with it a couple of times as the rest of the morons cheered him on. When it went off he was dead before he hit the floor.

Rick
    IIRC...Jon-Erik Hexum?

Boolit Master
    Barney Fife ammo. maybe they should issue more of that to ABQ PD
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    Ain't that the flash GyroJet ammo with the rocket in the base.

By Jove, I think yer right Guv'nor!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

Well you have all missed the point if the LEO's only have those rounds to practice with sure explains why when you give them live rounds they can't hit the bad guys but can sure rack up the innocent bystanders. Look at the LAPD when they were searching for one of their own they managed to kill 90 dogs, at least two vehicles and some innocents. Yep I would feel real safe if the LAPD were my go to police. Seems one of those trucks they unloaded what was it like 90 rounds into it that truck must have put up one heck of fight, forget the two women inside hoping they didn't get killed.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    Gyrojet ammo had angled holes in the base to impart spin to stabilze in the smoothbore barrel.

WP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gyrojetammo.jpg  
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

Moderator Emeritus

That's quite common for prop ammo. I have supplied studio prop departments with such ammo in the past, highly polished brass, bullet and a fired primer. It doesn't need to go bang and the insurance people are all the happier.

Rick
    Who ?
    I recall the tale of Brandon lee
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee
    but that wasn't quite the same story....but was 20 years ago.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

The "Deadly dummy" ammo. Especially effective on idiots.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Well obviously if it is on Fox news they are showing a bunch of "dummies"!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Buddy

Jim, someone needs to change a spring if the firing pin is doing that to the ammo.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Who ?
    I recall the tale of Brandon lee
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee
    but that wasn't quite the same story....but was 20 years ago.
    Jon
    John-Eric Hexum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_eric_hexum

WP
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty's Retired View Post
    Jim, someone needs to change a spring if the firing pin is doing that to the ammo.
    SWMBO came from the next room to see why I was laughing so loudly.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    If you watch British mysteries you will see this type of thing all the time. They are forever referring to a Luger as a revolver. I saw one crime show and one cop said to another, they retrieved the bullet and he slid a plastic bag toward the other cop and it had a complete pistol round in it.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Guys they had to test them to make sure they work! Same as I do with my matches make sure they light!
    Good one!