RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Was Just A Matter of Time...

It Was Just A Matter of Time...

well, we all knew this would happen sooner or later...
    FLOYD PRESS
    March 14th, 2013

LOCAL MAN ARRESTED ON MULTIPLE CHARGES-

A local man was arrested in downtown Floyd late Wednesday night on multiple charges. A resident of Floyd County who's name has not been released , was charged with willful destruction of county property, drunk and disorderly conduct, discharging a firearm in city limits, assault with a firearm and armed robbery.
    According to statements from witnesses, about 9:00 PM, the suspect got out of his truck in front of the Floyd County Courthouse with a shotgun and proceeded to shoot at the windows of the courthouse, destroying several of the windows, fixtures and furniture inside the offices.

The suspect got back in his truck and left the scene. He was next seen at the Mexican Restaurant about a block away. Witnesses there said he entered the restaurant with a shotgun and announced his intentions of robbery. When confronted by the manager, the suspect slurred something incoherent, took the money that was handed him by the cashier and stumbled out of the door. The manager called the Floyd County sheriff's Office to report the robbery.

Sheriff's Deputy responded to the call and began searching for the suspect. The suspect was found unconscious on the sidewalk of North Main Street in front of the Hardware Store across the street from the courthouse. He was taken into custody and transported to the County Regional Jail facility where he was charged and incarcerated.

Because the suspect was inebriated and incoherent, his hearing was held in his absence. His bail was set at $500,000 and he remains incarcerated. A trial date is yet to be set. The suspect's name has not been released because at the time of the arrest, he was not carrying any identification.

When asked about this incident, the Sheriff replied "I know who he is, I just can't say right now. I knew this was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. All this damage is going to cost the county a lot of money."

Jim wants to know if any of you guys want to help with bail? Me? I am debating whether to sell all the firearms and cut my losses or go with the "I never saw that man in my life" option.
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Boolit Bub
    If he ate a burrito at the Mexican place, just wait for the sheriff to lower his bail.

Boolit Buddy

Sounds like PTOD to me. Post Traumatic Obama Disorder. CR

If your joking I'll say, sell the guns, pay the bail and keep whats left of the money . If you serious I'll say, sell the crappy guns, keep the money and have some fun. ??

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Love Life
    I got Jim's back. I'll chip in on bail, but only because you hooked me up with the sweet potato donut recipe.

Boolit Buddy

I kinda like what I have seen posted by both of you. So I will see what I can add to his bail.

But if he brewed/distilled whatever he was drinking, see about selling the recipe to a commercial outfit. Should cover court costs and reparations to the courthouse.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Master
    Are you saying that our Jim had a 'cool hand Luke' moment?
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll kick in $5 towards the bail and a pint of good bourbon to help with the hangover.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

I thought he was waiting for the posse to show up to go do that..
    was this just a trial run?
    I bet George is behind all this.

Love Life
    Let Jim know that Myself and a group of individuals with questionable backgrounds are on the way to bust him out. We just need an address, a sackful of Krystals with cheese, and a case of COORS light.

Boolit Master

I will kick in on the bail. My check will start with a 5, but it wont have near as many zeros as you posted! Tell Jim that I would'a been there with him but he never let me know when it was goin' down. LOL
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

I once went from Idaho to Florida to help a friend, got it done, but Florida ain't used to having Idaho cowboys come invading them. If you truly need help and Jim needs help just say so. Gotta be a little closer than that run to Palatka was. Keep us posted. JW

Boolit Master
    I gotta agree with runfiverun that George somehow was involved in all this. We've heard about that renegade.

Boolit Master

I can tell that a week off did Janet a world of good.
    Being human is not for sissies.

I'm in, when a friend is in need it don't matter why.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Master

What'd he order at the Mexican restaurant??

Quote Originally Posted by scottiemom View Post
    well, we all knew this would happen sooner or later...
    [I]FLOYD PRESS
    March 14th, 2013

LOCAL MAN ARRESTED ON MULTIPLE CHARGES-

A local man was arrested in downtown Floyd late Wednesday night on multiple charges. A resident of Floyd County who's name has not been released , was charged with willful destruction of county property, drunk and disorderly conduct, discharging a firearm in city limits, assault with a firearm and armed robbery.
    Dang! This doesn't look good for Jim. Reminds me of a similar incident that happened on my model railroad many moons ago. The 1/87 scale character involved was eventually hung off the bridge that spanned "Crippled Dog Creek", which was actually a knee deep ditch. Took eight attempts of "Hanging" to do the deed, as each time he was tossed off the bridge, he merely bounced and thrashed around in the muddy water because the rope was too long. By the sixth attempt, he was a hollering about being cold, wet and his knees and feet hurting from hitting the bottom so many times. On the eighth try, he was so wound up and ornery that he simply wrapped the rope around his own kneck and strangled himself right there on the bridge! After many opportunities of "Final Words", he made the eternal mistake of sassing the hanging judge's mother, the lady folk of the town and a local gunsmith. In a fit of revenge, they simply buried him under the busiest train crossing in town so he'd never get no peace. Yep, this don't look good for our Jim.

Here's the character in question, he drove a truck too:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roughntumble600.jpg  
    Last edited by WILCO; 03-23-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    What'd he order at the Mexican restaurant??
    Beef and bean burrito with extra black beans, hot peppers and a hacksaw blade on the side.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    Please tell me your only joking.. I'll feeling quite sad if this really happened to one of our Cast Boolit friends
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Moderator Emeritus

I got dibs on his lead stash....
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast