MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Boolit Master

As to overpriced primers; I bought a couple bricks of primers a couple years ago, after the last big scare had wound down. I think I paid $25/k, but the funny thing was when I noticed that the price tag was stuck over several other price tags. I peeled off the $25 tag to find a $30 tag, then a $35 tag, and so on until the bottom tag that was $50 IIRC. I just thought it was kind of funny.

I am Sure it would not be funny to those that spent the $50.00 per K though.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Banned

mags are down, i got a text from a gunshow with boxes of p-mags at 12 or 14$$.
    i'm still watching.
    powder rolls in about every three months and 22 bullets pop up here and there.
    i looked at a bunch of sr/sp cci primers a bit back at 36.00 a brick.
    i think that is going to be close to the new price.
    no i didn't buy any.

Whew, I just read through all of those posts... it was hit and miss there for a bit, I thought for a second that the world had gone crazy... cops with out of donuts, old folks with out jell-o, riots in the street. wasn't rock and roll supposed to ruin America back in the day? have not children always listened to "that" music way to loud. women voting, all men equal... what ever happened to old guys widdling and rocking... baseball... talking about the weather...
    as for the gouge - let'em it really is the American way... prices are not what it costs to make an item its what people will pay. diamonds are $1.35 worth of carbon. if you were lucky like me you had a stockpile. it doesn't make me smart just lucky... i knew i'd get lucky one day with 2 years of food 3 years of ammo and a tin foil hat on my head and underwear ( cell phone signals ). i don't often like to be that guy, but i sure hope your friend gets stuck with all those primers... and every one else that bought a $1000 AR for $3000. god bless capitalism, and red meat, cold beer, good looking women ( fade to mumble )
    Last edited by bgoff_ak; 05-10-2013 at 03:53 AM.

In Remembrance
    Old guys widdling, cmon now. lol

Starmac hey there must be some truth to Whittling as they even make Whittling knives lol. Must be some basis to it lol.

But Darn it just when I was thinking about starting to load for the .223 or even get a .223 the world went flat NUTS lol. And thus I do not have a Single Small Rifle Primer. But I can wait.

But as said at least I have some Mags lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

I cut myself bad widdling when I was a kid... figured I wasn't old enough.

Love Life
    Hot women and cougars all in one thread. Now where are the rich cougars?

In Remembrance
    Them widdling old guys have them tied up. lol

Love Life
    That can't be true. Cougars are after younger men, not them old folks whittling on the porch...

In Remembrance
    I didn't say whittling, I said widdling (not 100% sure what that is, but them cougars might know). lol

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    Free enterprise is one thing, but IMHO any person that willfully takes advantage of another person is not a very nice soul. But then again if the people wouldn't pay the price they wouldn't be able to sell the stuff. So what do we have here ? the chicken and the egg thing ?
    It's there right to sell and someones right to buy, but I just don't like how some as in many choose to make there money. Just say-in.
    You are so right, gray wolf! It is a sorry day when the speculators buy vast hordes of ammo, components,etc.. to make money off of shooters. The worst speculators are the ones that shoot!( Profiteering!) Then everyone starts amateur hording( where's all the .22lr?) Making money off of the misery or need of others is a soul robbing pit called greed. Supply and demand are one thing, speculation is another.

Boolit Master

Sorry BUCK but I just got a few mags at mucho leeeeeees than you mentioned,,,,,,Local too!
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking the Tiger View Post
    You are so right, gray wolf! It is a sorry day when the speculators buy vast hordes of ammo, components,etc.. to make money off of shooters. The worst speculators are the ones that shoot!( Profiteering!) Then everyone starts amateur hording( where's all the .22lr?) Making money off of the misery or need of others is a soul robbing pit called greed. Supply and demand are one thing, speculation is another.
    How many $$$ ARE YOU trying to abscond with? Serriously are you an oportunist?
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Love Life
    Huh!?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Huh!?
    I have no idea lol.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates

Looks like we found a new TROLL.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Hey fellas, I am sorry about butting in the conversation. I am no troll. Just new to this sight and wanting to know more about all of this.
    The last few months have been frustrating with stuff I always took for granted being in stock just gone. I have seen ammo scares before, but even moulds have gotten hard to find.
    P.K. , I am happy to say I have not made any money off this recent crisis.I do get on my soap box occasionally. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Love Life
    I didn't find what you typed as bad, Bucking the Tiger. I just have no clue what P.K. was referring to. That is where my loud and boisterous HUH!? was directed at, lol.

Jeez I can't believed I typed LOL. Anywho, has anybody seen them cougars that were mentioned? I know they're not after Bill...

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    When the bottom falls out and he can not feed his greedy family now living in a cardboard box I MIGHT offer $10.00 per K if I am feeling generous that day.

Otherwise learn your lesson and eat beans.
    what he said
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast