Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Boolit Master

I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Just got off the horn with a "friend" who has a "friend" that has 365,000 SPP's wanting to unload the whole shebang for $60.00X1000. Told him to keep them and I got hung up on....LOL!

Anyone else know anyone trying to unload their hoard? Seems to me that with that silly twit from CA getting her ban dropped has a few folks getting worried about their "investment."
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Banned

when he gets to $25 per 1,000 I'll buy some, provided he pays shipping.

Love Life
    At 25 per 1,000 I would take a whole bunch off his hands.

Don't invest what you can't afford to eat...

Yeah, what Blammer said.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

There is going to be a bunch of people stuck with things they do not need or even use. I will set back and watch!! I will buy or trade in a fair market, not during a craze.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master

I hope noone buys it from any of those who bought to gouge prices. Let them eat their losses

Banned

I hope [okay no I don't] he paid wholesale.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    $60 per 1K primers, is that the market right now? that is crazy

Boolit Master
    I purchased 2K at $40 per K yesterday at a local dealer. I felt that was a fair price as Federal and CCI s are $140 per 5K at Midways USA then there is the hazmat plus shipping. I have a back order placed at another online dealer for 5K CCI SP $154.43 plus27.50 hazmat plus $16.95 shipping for a total of $198.89 . $40 per k plus $2.80 sales tax out the door is likely to be the new fair price.
    Wish I had the ones I paid less than $10 per K years ago stolen while I was moving 6 years ago but then all that got was most of my primers,powder ,cast bullets and alloy. Non of my reloading or casting equipment was stolen so I still considered myself lucky.
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 03-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    When the bottom falls out and he can not feed his greedy family now living in a cardboard box I MIGHT offer $10.00 per K if I am feeling generous that day.

Otherwise learn your lesson and eat beans.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

I agree with yo'all. I did the math and if the friend is actually him he was bragging a few months back on his "investment." Told him then that I was set and good for him. So much for that "set for life" comment he made at the time.

I just checked my goto supplier and they are still taking backorders at $34.78X1000 for CCI #41's, being as that's the only one I'm worried about I'm good with that.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Grand Master
    You need new "friends"

Boolit Master

Any person that bought 365K primers is a speculator. Let him learn that the market goes up and the market goes down. Pay your money and take your chances.

Boolit Grand Master

If he bought them in normal times I'm assuming he worked a deal. I would have anyway. So if the normal price was. $25 per K I'd want it to for less. So he should be able to recoup his initial investment easy. If he bought at inflated prices screw him and that's what he gets. I don't need 365k. But I will easily shoot close to 10k this year depending on the weather. I know it's a free market. But when you keep a product out of the hands of people that will actually use it I have no respect for you. The shortage would be 365k heavier if he wasn't sitting on them and not planning on using them.

Perma-Banned

I am waiting to see what happens. We all know there are people out there who bought the stuff just expecting the bans to make money. Well I am sitting here with cash in hand waiting for the regular prices to come back.

Boolit Master

Free enterprise is one thing, but IMHO any person that willfully takes advantage of another person is not a very nice soul. But then again if the people wouldn't pay the price they wouldn't be able to sell the stuff. So what do we have here ? the chicken and the egg thing ?
    It's there right to sell and someones right to buy, but I just don't like how some as in many choose to make there money. Just say-in.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

The only thing I bought in the last 6 months were 6 Sig SP 2022's and a Dillon 650XL. I am keeping at least two of the Sig 9 MM's for myself and my wife and the other 4 will be barter material for when the Dollar falls and becomes worthless.....

If it does not then I will have 4 Sig's for sale at reasonable prices since I bought them very reasonably.

The Dillon will be used and will have a place of honor on my reloading bench.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

NO! I try not to hang out with people like that!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

The speculators that are not gun people are the ones most likely to get burned. They are not familiar enough with the market to know when to "bail out"........................

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    The speculators that are not gun people are the ones most likely to get burned. They are not familiar enough with the market to know when to "bail out"........................
    Call obama...he can tell them when to and how a bail out works!!!

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast