Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman O-mag press

Very generous offer.

Boolit Bub

PM sent. Thank you Sir.

Boolit Master

Duplicate of updated post #1

A winner has been selected. Her name is Nora. She is a single mom, working two jobs to support her daughter. Her brother got her into shooting, but neither reloads. She has a 40 S&W that she can't afford to feed. KCcactus, one of our own, nominated her and is her reloading mentor. He is helping her with dies and even some components. He (KCcactus) does not have any .40 molds, or brass for that matter. Maybe some of the rest of the board members could help in that area. I would suggest you PM him (KCcactus) directly.

One more word please. There were a lot of deserving nominations. It was hard to choose the "winner." One way I narrowed the field was eliminating all who didn't follow the very simple nomination format I requested; "PM me nominations (with a little back story) using the same title as this post." It may sound harsh, but sometimes details matter, especially when there is one "widget" or job... and LOTS of applicants... Off my soap box.

Thanks everyone! The press will be at UPS tomorrow.

KCcactus, PLEASE update us with how she is doing.

Awesome gesture!! Wish when I started this a year or so ago I just had the mentor part of the equation! I am not complaining though, I read a lot (and still do), learned a lot and thanks to many patient and knowledgeable people on this site have been able to load safe money saving Ammo. I hope I will be able to help others as much as I've been helped someday!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Sent PM to KCcatus about sending a small flat rate box of 40 S&W range brass.

Congratulations Nora!

Boolit Master

Congrats!
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    Sent PM to KCcatus about sending a small flat rate box of 40 S&W range brass.
    The SFRB of 40 S&W is packaged, shipping paid and waiting for the mailman to pick up. Congrats Nora!

Boolit Master

I'm willing to send her some of my 170 SWC from my RCBS mold. Lubed with carnuba red and sized to 401. Send me her address and she will be set on cast.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Very Nice gesture and congrats to the winner, if I had any .40 brass this is where it would be going. Thanks again for the contest.

Boolit Buddy
    Update time!!! Nora's reloading kit will be complete when all the packages arrive.

The press is on it's way. Some boxes of brass are on the way, too thanks to other members. Another member is sending some boolits. I just ordered a carbide die set from a member to add to the kit. I'm including a Lee auto disk measure, primers, powder and a reloading tray. I'm also loaning her a scale.

I told her about this when I found out Monday afternoon. She is excited about getting started reloading.

I want to thank everyone here for their generosity and support. This is my first opportunity to help someone get started in our addictive hobby. It's already been an incredible experience.

Kevin

More updates to follow ...

Boolit Buddy
    It took a while, but we finally had a reloading lesson on Saturday. I set up each step and she made 50. Then, she set up each step and did 10 more. She has the press, dies, powder measure, loading block, a borrowed scale and loading data printed from the powder company websites. She also has a coupon for a discount on the Lee loading manual. I made an OAL gauge for her to use until she can get some calipers. She has lots of brass and boolits left, 300+ primers and about a half pound of powder.

When she finished, she looked a little amazed that she had actually made a box of ammo.

Thank you everyone for your generous help!!

Thanks for the update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12