MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Got a letter from my Dad...

Boolit Master

Got a letter from my Dad...

My Dad sent me a check to cover some funds for a favor.

When I opened the envelope, there was a letter from my father.

I was going to share it here, but it is rather long, and my eyes are watery just typing this.

Basically tells me that he wishes he spent more time with his kids, like I try to with mine, and he appreciates everything I do/have done. (He was disabled for 15 years, not even a drivers license). Now he has gotten new treatment, and will probably never be able to work enough to make a living, but he can function and drive again! Now he stays busy looking after my Mom, who has early onset Alzheimers, and he volunteers for a Christian organization that teaches guys (ex druggies, homeless, petty criminals) to be MEN, and to use the things God has given them.

I will share the last part of the letter...

Just don't forget that you are the picture of God to your children. What they see as a good dad in you is how they will view God. I believe that I missed this with you boys but have come to realize how important that is to children. You will always be my son or my boy but you have become a wonderful man.

Thanks for all you do...

Dad...

Folks, don't forget to tell your kids you love them, and appreciate them... you just might make a grown man cry!

Brandon
    Last edited by Sweetpea; 03-22-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

That's great Brandon. I need to keep that in mind myself. Sounds like your all getting a much needed dose of healing and peace. It's a beautiful thing.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

Wow Brandon, that would be quite the letter to receive. I am sure that you will cherish it.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Moderator Emeritus

Not that many moments like this in our society any more. Be sure to give your Dad a hug.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Brandon, as you know parents aren't perfect and we don't always do the best thing, even though we try. It appears that your dad thinks he was not all he should have been when you were growing up. I see that he is doing the right thing now and I think of the saying that goes something like this: No one can go back and change the past, but we all can start now and change the the future. Tell your dad that he is making a positive influence on the future. I know you are proud of him.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Buddy

Great! Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Mold

Wonder if your Dad could talk to mine...
    I don't think a letter like that will ever come from him.

Good to know you got yours though and I am glad you take care of your kids the best way you can.
    Maranatha!
    Christian Life Member of the JPFO.
    It isn't a Jews only organization, anyone interested in maintaining and even regaining lost Second Amendment Rights are welcome..