WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: Looking for a lee Enfield no4 scope mount

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Looking for a lee Enfield no4 scope mount

I removed the peep sight off it and filled in the tapped holes. I would like to install an optic on it for my old eyes. Anyone have a scope mount laying around? I was hoping for a no drill ATI, b square, or what ever. Thanks

Why did you plug the holes? I think you'll need them to install a no-gunsmithing mount, as the back end of some of these mounts anchors with a cross pin through the holes.

I might be able to help you with this request. I'll have to look around in the shop. About 5 years ago I put a scope on a No.4 and (here's where my memory gets foggy) I think I bought a B-Square, installed it, but for some reason thought things could be better and bought an ATI. Installed the second mount and was satisfied, so still have the first one....somewhere. But, it might have been the other way around. The photo below has the first mount installed, so that's the one you'd receive. Of all unusual things, I think I bought one of them on line from Wal-Mart, and at the time had difficulty in locating any at all.

Attachment 257380

Click to enlarge.

DG

Yeah I know I should’ve never filled the holes in. I figured worst-case i’ll have to drill them back out. It was good practice at the time but obviously I wasn’t thinking. If you find amount you’d be my hero! I posted pictures of it last year here when I oxpho blued the whole action and refinished the stock. It was too far gone to restore to original so I basically just made the best of it.

Say...you're in luck! I found it! PM me your mailing address if you want it. I wrote a note to myself at the time I stored it away--maybe you can read it in the photo. It is a B-Square mount, and you will need the back holes to mount it. Also, it mounts using the ejector screw on the left side of the receiver, but you need a longer screw to compensate for the thickness of the mount. That is included, so you'll have to carefully cut it down, maybe cut-and-try several times, to hit it right.
    Attachment 257388

Click to enlarge.

DG

Thanks DG! I cut 5 threads off the screw to shorten it. I think I’m going to make schims To go between the rail and the action to eliminate any play. I can tap it with my fingers and here a “rattle” and will flex a little. I think my schim job will eliminate it. It will be a next week project. I think I’ll replace the rear cotter pin assemble with a larger diameter bolt to tighten up the rear as well. I probably will add some thin washers as well.

Looks good so far. I had to put something on it for show and tell...

I’ll have to gab a pair of rings and mount my old optima 3x9 optic on it. I also am going to have to make a cheek weld for it.

DG I sent you a credit card knife for the thank you!!!
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-27-2020 at 09:22 PM.

You're welcome...hope it serves you well. I'm kind of heavy on knives, so if it's not too late maybe give it to someone else?

DG

10 4... It was going in the mail tomorrow.