Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Star Sizer mounting plate

Boolit Master

Star Sizer mounting plate

What size aluminum plate would you Star users suggest for mounting one to your bench....I want to get one about 1 inch thick, and drill and tap it, but also want it long enough for an iron for heat.

Doug

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 94Doug View Post
    What size aluminum plate would you Star users suggest for mounting one to your bench....I want to get one about 1 inch thick, and drill and tap it, but also want it long enough for an iron for heat.

Doug
    I recently bought a piece of aluminum that is 6x9x.75 and am planning to use a cartridge heater with PID control (like my other Star is already set up). I got it off fleabay for about $15 shipped.
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Boolit Master

Do you have any plans or photos, etc? Sounds like what I would like in the future.

Doug

Boolit Buddy

I'll take photos as I build it if you would like them. I can also do up a wiring diagram for the PID if you want that (and provide a parts list).
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Boolit Master

That would be awesome. I'll pm you my email addy.....

Thanks,
    Doug

Boolit Master
    Aaaaand up!

Sorry for being so late, but I want to make a plate too, still waiting for the Star sizer.

This dimensions: 6" x 9"

Is this with space for the additional bullet feeder, or without it?

Response would make me pretty happy!
    Cheers,
    Jay

Boolit Master
    Really, nobody?

I just want to know how big the base plate has to be, for the sizer and the bullet feeder.

Anyone?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
    Really, nobody?

I just want to know how big the base plate has to be, for the sizer and the bullet feeder.

Anyone?
    I went to the scrap yard and got a piece of 6061-T6 for about $20.00 It measures 10.5 X 10.5 and is 1/2" thick. It is more than thick enough for the 1/4" X 4 heating element and the 1/8" probe. I have enough room on it that I mounted 2 sizers on it and do a simple 180 turn when I want to use the other one.

Boolit Master
    Thickness, ok.

But how big for one sizer with bullet feeder?

Banned
    Attachment 111211Attachment 111212Attachment 111213My suggestion is to purchase a plate larger than the sizer and bullt feeder needs and the reason is the plate can be used as a multifunctional item.

Banned
    The picture on the left shows a side view of the plate and two sizers. The center picture shows the Magma and bullet feeder as it would be when I attach it to my bench in the other room. The right picture is on my Star that is setup for 38/357's and the bullet feeder can be taken off the Magma and installed on the Star at my convenience. The plate is attached to my bench via a C-clamp whic hholds it nicely.

The plate you see also has had my Lyman T-Mag reloading press attached to it. I like this method because when I am done I can simply undo the C-clamp and move the assembly asside for storage. Small is nice at times but this sized plate holds the PID control and the bullet counter nicely.

Boolit Master
    Very nice setup so, but I need the measurements please!

A guy from further away will make me a heated base plate.

I´m waiting for my Star sizer, which will come the next three weeks (hopefully) from Magma.

So, for the sake of god, please tell me the measurements, which are needed to install the Sizer and the bullet feeder, PLEASE!