Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: There so cute.

Boolit Buddy

There so cute.

At least that is what my wife said of the 105 grain Lee 358 SWC bullets that I showed her after casting a few up.

Mold dropped the slugs at 108 grains and .358 to .359. I had trouble keeping the mold hot as it seems to like 460 degrees but even with the pot temp around 800 degrees the mold cooled a lot faster then the next smallest bullet I cast which is the 358 158 grain bullet.

She probably said, "They're so cute." Because "there so cute" is nonsensical.

Boolit Master

Muddydogs
    What are you going to load those cute boolits in? I see many here that shoot them in 9mm as well as 38/357 with good results. It sure is a lead saver, I've been wanting to try a 6 cavity but have not bought one yet. Let us know how it works out for you.

wcp

Boolit Master

I use this one in my derringer. Nice, light load for CAS
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

I originally bought that mold in the mid 80s to shoot in my .380 ACP. They cast at .359 and weigh 108 cast from range scrap. I size to .358 and load them in the .380, 9mm, and .38 special. The wife loves them in the J frame but I really like them in the semi autos. Great little boolit!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Yeah, so send me about 1,000,000 to try out in my 9mm. Been lookin' for some smaller boolits. Lol. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Boolit Buddy
    I'm starting off as a component saver in the 38 for the wife and kids, I'm sure I will have to shot a few to make sure the revolver works as it should. Once I get the .380 dies I have on back order I plan on using them in the LCP. I also suspect that in the future I will be giving them a go in 9mm as one of the kids seem to think the 9mm is where it’s at.

Boolit Master

BC, a million would be 15,429 lbs shipped. Send me 30,857 lbs of alloy and I will cast them for you. I also have the Lee 356-102 1R if you'd like some of those too. Same deal, 2 lbs of lead for 1 lb of boolits.

Seriously, the 102 1R works pretty good in the LCP but I haven't tried the 105 SWC in that one. I need to load some up to try in my Taurus TCP 738 but it has worked well in my 9mm and other .380 pistols. I also need to try some of the SWC loaded 'warm' in the 9mm with plain based gas checks. The 102 1R checked was a zinger in the 9mm!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Wow. With the gas prices now days it would cost a fortune to ship 30,857 pounds of lead. Besides I only have 1 lb of lead left after casting on Sunday. fcvan, how long would it take you to cast 1,000,000 rounds? If you worked at it 7 days a week, 8 hrs./day it would take approx. 1,000 days if you could cast 1,000/day. That would be 2.79 years. A full time job for almost 3 years. Not to mention that I was merely being facetious. Or better said, I'd like to have some to try out in my 9mm. 105 grains would definitely save on lead and it's at a premium these days.

Muddydogs, please keep us informed as to how these boolits performed. Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you all. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."