Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 32-20 revolver

Boolit Master
    A long time ago back when Moses and I worked at the sawmill, a driver came in and showed me his "thirty two" nickle plated revolver and asked if I wanted to buy it. I didn't, but a friend of mine had an FIE pistol in .380 that he said that he'd trade. The truck driver was very happy. He even gave up the cartridges that he had in the truck. The revolver was marked .32 W.C.F. and the box of cartridges was .32 S&W.
    I made the trade for my friend and after work took it out to his house. We went to the side yard where we had a berm made and he fired it. It sounded kinda funny and the brass was split, but the bullet hit the berm. A few more shots and we were wondering if the trade was worth it, or what else could be wrong. I went home and my buddy went into his research. This was before internet days.
    The next day he called me to come over and showed me what he'd found out. When he put the proper rounds in the cylinder it shot really well, and no split cases. I do believe that he got the better end of the stick. An FIE ain't worth much. I never did tell the truck driver that he had been shooting the wrong rounds from the revolver. I suspect he thought he'd pulled one over on my buddy!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Group 1 Standard Pressure .32-20 Loads for Rifle or Revolver

Bullet, Little Dandy#, Pdr. Chg.____Colt Police Positive 5”______Savage Sporter 25”

Accurate 31-105T

LD#1, 3.2 grains TiteGroup_________858 fps, 22 Sd, 61 Es_______1133 fps, 30 Sd, 67 ES

LD#4, 3.4 grains Bullseye__________861 fps, 19 Sd, 47ES________1173 fps, 18 Sd, 54 ES

Attachment 247865Attachment 247866
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.