Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different Bisley grips

Different Bisley grips

A friend of mine just bought a Super Blackhawk Hunter with the Bisley grip and has come come to find out he is not as big s fan of it as he would like to be. Does anyone know of an oversized grip to replace the factory ones. He seems to keep cracking his middle finger on the trigger guard and after shooting it some is not as high on the Bisley style grip as he would like to be.

Boolit Master

Look up Bear Paw Grips on Ebay.

I've had excellent luck using Altamont grips on all my Rugers. They make the "so-so" grip into a comfortable and easy to shoot grip. Their prices are reasonable and they look great, too.

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/bisley/

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Thank y’all

Banned

Try Badger custom grips.

Boolit Master

I just put a set of Altamont Grips on my Model 13 and they fit me like a glove and the revolver as well. I have a set of "well known, big name" grips that do not fit me or the revolver as well and at twice the cost. Everybody has their own preferences though. my experience anyway, james

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I've had excellent luck using Altamont grips on all my Rugers. They make the "so-so" grip into a comfortable and easy to shoot grip. Their prices are reasonable and they look great, too.
    Thanks for helping make up my mind. Just ordered some of the Altamont Silver Black Checkered grips for my SS Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt/45 ACP convertible. I have been trying to decide between the Eagle Gunfighter grips and the Altamont checkered. I am really cheap so it was hard to cough up $125 for the eagle grips. But the Altamont Rosewood checkered grips have been "Temporarily unavailable" for a very long time. So I was about to go with the Eagle grips but was having a hard time paying that much for them. After reading your review I got back on the Altamont site and found the Silver black grips. Can't wait to see how they feel in my hand. Cannot stand the grips that came with my Blackhawk. They feel like a slippery big chunk in my hands.
    Last edited by KMac; 09-01-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    The factory laminated grips on my Bisley were not fit to the gun well and were not a good fit for my hand . They can be reshaped and sanded back to the factory finish easily. I am still messing with mine to see if I can get them where I like them if I can't I will be shopping for grips to.
    Let us know how you like your new ones . And post some pics .

Banned

Most of mine are factory
    Working on replacements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wm_11731313.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	247642

Name:	719019005.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	247643

Name:	RU0407.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	247644

Name:	Ruger+SB+0407+copy.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	601.7 KB 
ID:	247645

Name:	Freedom-Arms-Model-97-Fixed-Sights-357-Mag_101226125_339_A49267DA84FE2357.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	247646

I like Eagle Gunfighter grips best as they are slimer a fit me perfectly

Name:	ruger-bisley-rosewood-gunfighter-grips.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	247647
    Last edited by jmort; 09-01-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Boolit Master
    My Blackhawk 45 convertible came with the gunfighter grips and I like them on it but did not want to spend the money on them for the Bisley without holding them.
    Jmort you have a nice herd of Bisleys

Boolit Master
    If you're working with a heavy recoiling (big-bore) Bisley-gripped revolver, JRH Advanced Gunsmithing does a very nice grip modification that increases the clearance between the trigger guard and grip frame. It necessitates custom grips afterwards, but a lot of folks like it.

https://www.jrhadvancedgunsmithing.com/
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

A little late to the game but another vote for Bearpaw
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Banned

I think the Ruger Bisley grips are made by Altamont!

Boolit Master

I much prefer a smooth grip on a SA. My favorite on mine are Eagle blk Mother of pearl. Sexy too!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Thank y’all. I sent this to him he says he is going to try Altamont grips first as they don’t hit the pocket too hard.

Boolit Master
    This is the first Bisley I’ve ever owned and it fits my hand better than any S&W I have.

Name:	27E8520E-EA14-42F7-9884-8361FD6912E0.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	247713

Vendor Sponsor

Of all the Ruger grip frames, the Bisley has the shortest clearance between the back of the trigger guard and the inside of the grip frame. This means the Bisley grip puts the middle knuckle of the middle finger closer to the trigger guard than any other Ruger single action revolver. I use a strip of that stretchy bandage material wrapped around the middle knuckle, solves 100% of the problem and only costs about a buck and a half..

Below is after maybe 20 Ruger Only rounds fired from a Birdshead gripped original large frame Vaquero WITHOUT any protection. One strip of the bandage about 4" long prevents 100% of this painful recoil.

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I’ve got fairly big hands and have never had an issue of knuckle hitting the guard. Only one that I did was on buddies square Dragoon trigger guard and it did bite a little. That looks like it may sting a bit.

Ouch. That makes you think long and hard about an extended range session.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Of all the Ruger grip frames, the Bisley has the shortest clearance between the back of the trigger guard and the inside of the grip frame. This means the Bisley grip puts the middle knuckle of the middle finger closer to the trigger guard than any other Ruger single action revolver. I use a strip of that stretchy bandage material wrapped around the middle knuckle, solves 100% of the problem and only costs about a buck and a half..

Below is after maybe 20 Ruger Only rounds fired from a Birdshead gripped original large frame Vaquero WITHOUT any protection. One strip of the bandage about 4" long prevents 100% of this painful recoil.

. Try a older dragoon framed Ruger SBH in 43 Mag shooting 310g slugs @ 1300 fps.... Talk about a knuckle cracker!! I routinely shoot 300’s from mine past 1150/1200 and find it much easier than a Conventional XR-3 frame myself. But we are all lil different.

CW
    CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast