WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ebay mold prices

Boolit Master

Want a real shocker? Do a search for NOE molds...
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master
    I'm gonna have to learn this "Ebay" thing. I have quite a few pairs of Lyman four cavity moulds (left over from my boolit casting business) that are no longer in production. Classic, vintage? Should bring a premium, right?

Perhaps, I can sell them for enough to pick up that SA XD-5.25 in 40 S&W that I've gotten a hankering for?
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Banned
    I picked a bad time to get into reloading and casting lol! Trying to find molds and dies have become a huge chore. I can't afford EBay prices. Every time I bid on a mold and I've got it won in the last 3mins it goes way out of my price range lol!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I wonder how things are MANIPULATED there.

I have been prevented from raising my bid in the last minute but others have their bids show up in the last 2-3 seconds.

And that may be 3-4 different folks.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Here is another.....I opened with $25...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271185901760...84.m1431.l2649

6 months ago you couldn't give a .22 cal mold away.............. now they are selling for the highest prices........ you'd swear they are using gold for the mold matterial............This is over twice the price of a new NOE 4 banger............

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post

I have been prevented from raising my bid in the last minute but others have their bids show up in the last 2-3 seconds.

Prevented? I have timed things wrong in the past but have never prevented from bidding. Did you ever contact eBay about that?
    A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. - Shane

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
    Sir Winston Churchill

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.
    Herbert Agar

434-1

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Never go there, so I couldn't tell if they're gouging or not.
    same here
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by joesig View Post
    Did you ever contact eBay about that?
    I tried a couple of times to reach a LIVE person but all I got was a bunch of here is what I dids come up on the screen.

Total designed waste of time.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by joesig View Post
    Prevented? I have timed things wrong in the past but have never prevented from bidding. Did you ever contact eBay about that?
    Bill,

It's happened to me, but it wasn't because I was prevented, it was bidding speed. Depending on your connection and the ammount of time left the servers over there can only que up so much. I remember awhile back I was bidding on a bike when the whole 2 stroke/4 stroke change was going on with dirtbikes. I was trying to get a year old leftover with no reserve and there were at least 20 bidders hitting it up. I lost out because of a crappy connection with 3 seconds to go. Of course this was the days before the "sniping" programs out there today that will bid and confirm with out you even being there.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

I reccon I have to get into that stash of old molds I have and see If I can make some component funds. I gotta get my daughter in law to get som pics up for me .I lost my camera and dont have a phone that transfers pics

Boolit Master

I just sold a Lyman 4 cavity 93 grain 9mm/.380 mold for 238.00. Prefer my Mihec's and now these latecomers are paying for them for me! For those who think I am a bad person, I started the bidding at 50.00, not my fault it went so high. Didn't mind a bit, though. First time in my life I managed to buy low and sell high.

Boolit Master
    post what you need on wanted to buy section. Sometimes we sell here at normall prices not to hassel with ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Junkie View Post
    I picked a bad time to get into reloading and casting lol! Trying to find molds and dies have become a huge chore. I can't afford EBay prices. Every time I bid on a mold and I've got it won in the last 3mins it goes way out of my price range lol!

bart55 now is the time to dump those unused molds. Real good quality pictures is very important to get the higher bids. Customer wants to see what he is buying. If the molds drop at right size or larger, say so as the experienced mold buyers will shy away from molds that may drop undersize boolits. Doing this has helped me sell several older Lyman two cavity molds for one hundred bucks or more. I just wished I had some older Lymans in 22 cal and 9mm cal as those are going for prices that are blowing the roof off.
    22 cal. and 9mm caliber are the two most popular calibers in rifle and semi auto pistol for the "spray and pray" crowd and they can not get ammo or reloading bullets and must now resort to casting their bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    I just sold a Lyman 4 cavity 93 grain 9mm/.380 mold for 238.00. Prefer my Mihec's and now these latecomers are paying for them for me! For those who think I am a bad person, I started the bidding at 50.00, not my fault it went so high. Didn't mind a bit, though. First time in my life I managed to buy low and sell high.
    You are not a bad person. You started it at a reasonable price and the bidders took over.....

I expect .22 and 9mm moulds will be a dime a dozen at some point. Many NEW reloaders are going to 1) have trouble casting the .22s 2) have trouble finding a load that doesn't lead terribly 3) have trouble finding a load that feeds and functions well in thier semi auto or 4) have trouble finding a load that is accurate.

I actually should probably sell some of my lee molds that I started with and don't use any more. Most are still usable but have seen better days and I really don't reall want to set up a paypal account on Ebay.

Boolit Master

Watched a 6 banger .22 bator go for $140
    Wow
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I've got two listed there now, I'm hoping they go a little nuts in the next 24 hours. If they do I'll have an NOE 3118 on the way.

Boolit Mold

It's called sniping. They (me included) typically use a computer program like Merlin AuctionMagic to bid for them. You tell it how much to bid and when, i.e. 10 seconds left, and go about your merry way. That way you don't run up the bid or get caught up in a bidding frenzy. If you win then you get a deal, if not you didn't pay too much. This program paid for itself the first time and has saved me more than i probably realize. If you ebay then get it, worth every penny.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234