Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bushnell RIMFIRE 3x9 by 40 mm scope

Moderator Emeritus

Bushnell RIMFIRE 3x9 by 40 mm scope

Where we live our range has 50, 75 and 100 yard metallic shoots for 22 L.R. We also have a 200 yd competition for the little 22 L.R. I have decided to try my hand at it and I wanted a decent scope for this endeavor...after researching I settled on th Bushnell RIMFIRE 3 x 9 by 40 mm scope. It has marks on the lenses for 50 yds; 75 yds; 100 yds; and 125 yds. I did not know until after I bought it that I could have gotten an illuinated scope for a few dollars more.

What sold me was if you use 40 grain 1,250 FPS ammunition you simply use the the right reference dot on the crosshairs and fire away and you are on the mark. I got the scope and mounted it on my rifle and off to the range I went! The optics are clear and sharp and comes with a life time warranty...but at my age a lifetime warranty is not as good a deal as it was 20 or 30 years ago but it was a selling spot for me! I love Leupold scopes and settled for the cheaper scope based on how it is set up for 40 grain bullets! So far so good (It is China made.) and if you are looking for a decent scope for your old rimfire rifle I believe you might like it....but spend a few dollars more and get the illuminated version!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Back in the early nineties I put a cheap Bushnell scope on my ancient Rem 22 rifle to hunt with. Sighted it in at 25 yards with 22 shorts, and it made a fine squirrel-sniping tool. Still have it.

I don't make to many judgements about Chinese products. If we ever go to war with China, the snipers will probably use their scopes to shoot at the scope-makers.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Both my 1967 Ruger 10/22 and Revelation Model 100 Western Auto .22 Single Shot have on them each a Bushnell Banner 4X installed new in 1982. They cost 40.00 ea. Both still crystal clear and dead on. From 17 years in Arizona hanging on a P/U backwindow in 120 degree heat and another 15 years in Texas and the last 13 in high humidity Mississippi delta riding on the back of a 4-wheeler...again, still crystal clear and dead nuts accurate.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    buckwheatpaul - Thankyou for this post! It's been a while since I have shot 22s, but I'm in the process of getting a Ruger 10/22 fixed up to play with - I have been looking at scopes - wanted a moderate priced one foe what I plan to use it for. Tonight, I pretty much settled on the one you are using - pretty much for the reasons you describe. You can read reviews . . . but? I was happy to see your evaluation, which has convinced me that it is the way to go. I'll take a look at the illuminated model for sure.

Thanks again - was very happy to see the post and read your thoughts on it!

Jim

Moderator Emeritus

I had a Bushnell 3-9x40 come on my Savage Axis .223 bolt gun. Moved it to my 10/22 and put better glass on the Savage... I like the larger tube size, better low light performance