RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powders for 300 Blackout in Bolt Action

Boolit Master

Unfortunately subs won't function properly with H110/W296 for me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmc View Post
    8.8 gr of H110 produced right at 1040 fps.
    I was told that downloading with H110 is a bad idea, but it looks like it is working for you!

Just following up…

I have spent several hours searching for that 300 loading data that I have over the last two days to no avail. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Duane
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Mold
    I too am looking and found this today, My Rem700 300Blk with be here this week, I have NOE 312299 202 grn, I plan on trying it with unique and 2400, will let you know how it goes

Boolit Master
    Here is some data
    not a bolt gun but how about a 14" Thompson/Center Contender

http://www.lasc.us/RangingShotlongWhisper.htm

Banned

I'd use the AR load data and try from there. Even AR guys have to mess with the load data a bit for better results in the gas guns, who's to say a good gas gun load won't work in a bolt gun?

I think you have a good starting place with the AR load data.

I think if you'll look for the older whisper(pre-blackout) data, you'll find a lot of suitable data. 5grs of unique is my go to for the bolt gun.

Boolit Master
    Jupiter7, what boolit and barrel twist are you shooting with the 5 grains of Unique? Tried it in a new to me boltgun with a 1:8" twist using the Lee 230-5r boolit, and they shot all over the place with most of the boolits showing very elongated holes in paper. Same boolit and 11 grains of Reloader-7 was very accurate at 25 and 50 yards.

The gun is very new to me, so I have not had but two days this past week to put a scope on it and try it out. I tried 150 and 205 grain gas checked boolits, and got good accuracy with the 11 grains of Rel-7 also.

Most of the data available is AR and jacketed based. I have a pound of Win 296, but no Lil-gun. Am not concerned about gas gun function, and would like to work up some accurate loads with 2400, H-4198, and Rel-7. The gun's threaded 5/8-24, but I haven't started the process for getting a suppressor. Gotta get that ball rolling.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter7 View Post
    I think if you'll look for the older whisper(pre-blackout) data, you'll find a lot of suitable data. 5grs of unique is my go to for the bolt gun.
    What boolit and what kind of velocity are you getting?

I've found great success with 4.8gr of 231 with the Lee 312-155-2R sized to .310 and tumble lubed and no gas check. They consistently run 1080 FPS. +/- 6 FPS in my savage.

Boolit Master
    With a bolt gun, or any other that isn't semi auto, you don't have to worry about the gas volume to cycle the action. That gives you many more options than just lil gun and 1680 that most folks use. I have just started with the BLK so am not in a position to give any advise other than what I just did. If you haven't found the 300Blk talk website, here is a link to their reloading section: http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=141 You will have to wade through it to find info relevant to your use, but lots of testing done and loads available. Most for AR's and jacketed, but still a good starting place. If you have quickload, or a friend with it you can do a lot of playing around there to find powders/bullet/boolit combos.

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot a Contender 18" barrel with the Lyman 314299 sized .310". I am using WC680 (surplus) with 11.5grs. This is right at the edge of sub-sonic. Accurate 1680 is very similar so start a little low and work up.
    Lyman 311299 is the smaller diameter version like the 314299.
    I haven't shot the Lee 200gr 30 caliber in my Whisper yet but in my 1903a3 sporter it makes moa most of the time. I would think it would do very well in the 300 BO.
    I have not had very good luck with the Lee 230gr 5R 30 caliber boolit. Best so far is in my Savage 110 at about 1,900 fps for around 2" at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    What boolit and what kind of velocity are you getting?

I've found great success with 4.8gr of 231 with the Lee 312-155-2R sized to .310 and tumble lubed and no gas check. They consistently run 1080 FPS. +/- 6 FPS in my savage.
    Sorry didn't see this question til today. Im shooting Accurate 31-240e in Remington 700 sps tactical with 1/7 twist also 5r rifling. I believe the original data I found was 5.5grs of unique with 220smk. I started at 5gr and never tried any different. I usually don't shoot subs in a bolt gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12