WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: As a Gentleman, what items do you have for your daily adventures?

As a Gentleman, what items do you have for your daily adventures?

When I go out and about on my daily adventures, I like to have a rugged pair of shoes, a hanky, pocket knife, Zippo lighter and a time piece such as my favorite wrist or pocket watch (Non digital). For the inclement weather, I like to wear my SFC (Sheet Fok Coat: "Sheet!" if it gets dirty, "Fok!" if I spill my coffee on it.) with a cap and gloves.

What do you folks take on your daily adventures?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I take my foil hat, socks and underwear with me.
    The hats so the gov't cant hear my thoughts, the socks so they cant use ground penetrating sound waves to hear my thoughts, and the foil underwear is in case I get abducted by aliens, they can't do any anal probing and insert a tracking device in me to monitor where i am at or am going

Wool fedora (indiana jones pattern) most days, unless i'm going to the coast, then its a heavily raked panama jack. For cold weather one of my leather bomber jackets, sheepskin gloves, egyptian cotton scarf. Pocket litter usualy includes an imco super triplex lighter, a pocket watch and fob, and either my victorinox cadet or opinel #6.
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Master

As long as my ballcap is on my head , the S&W is in one pocket and the Leatherman and some cash in the other, I'm good.

Boolit Buddy

pocket accessories: swiss army pocketknife, zippo lighter(for the wife as backup) wiljen's little zoomie, and the few pennies this boolit obsession has left me...o yes....my leash(cellphone)

Love Life
    Pocket knife, wallet, smokes, lighter, chapstick. a thick sturdy belt. On occasion I carry a gun, but usually some knuckle covers will take care of most anything.

I have a beanie on in the winter and a ball cap on in the summer. I fold the bill of my hats and I do not pull the hat down over my ears. Kids these days...

We are talking about going out in public right?

Boolit Master
    Yep,
    Phone, lighter (or two), small flashlight, two pocket knives, a coil of 550 cord, plastic baggie with toilet paper, one of my various handguns, loose ammo or extra magazine, a folded plastic sheet in another bag and a partial roll of duct tape or electrical tape, partial roll of flagging ribbon, rabbit in distress mouth call, and a granola bar and some water (sometimes). That is my general bum around kit. But I am usually on private property not far from either my truck or a house of some sort.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Moderator Emeritus

Besides the normal daily clothes, Winter and early spring in MN, that includes what the MN farmer calls a Chore coat and Boots. Wallet and a jug of water.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    Phone, wallet, keys, watch

Boolit Mold

On days I go in to work, Keys, Buck 186C folder clipped to front right pocket, Pocket change, wrist watch, paracord bracelet, (made by a friend in the Sand Box) 2 GB Thumb Drive with Medical, Dental records and emergency contact info, Right Rear pocket Wallet with usual wallet stuff ans folding money (wife has that), Left Rear, two folded Lint Free cloths, and a folded Heavy duty paper towel, Front Left pocket Tin of Stache Bomb Stache Wax, Cree Ultrafire WF-502B flashlight. Left wrist Casio G-Shock solar Chronograph wrist watch. Felt Hat, Fedora style or ball cap, with appropriate jacket for weather. If it is a non-work day, add to it either my 45ACP commander with two spare mags or my Ruger Vaquero 357 with a 6 round slider.

TANSTAAFL!

specticles,testicles,wallet and watch.

Boolit Buddy
    Maratac automatic wristwatch, pocketknife, stick of lip balm, small flashlight, keys, wallet, sun glasses and usually my tiny 380 or my 3" 1911 in a ITWB holster on my sturdy belt.

Boolit Master
    At work: Pockets hold my SOG Flash II, lighter, earplugs, money clip that Miss K had made for me by Montana Silversmiths, wallet with backup knife in it. I wear Double H cowboy boots, they are some heavy duty leather, or pacs in the winter during calving, my MHT 10X beaver cowboy hat in the summer, Stormy Kromer during the winter, Wranglers and shirts depend on the day, and my Super Blackhawk over it all, on a heavy belt, held up by a big A Sliversmiths buckle. This is enough to get me through most anything, combined with what's in my pickup. I either wear a Carrhart coat or an oilskin drover jacket if it's raining.

In town, same as above, except Kahr PM9 and Surefire light unless i am going to school and have to go without a gun. Of course that may all be subject to change soon if they pass the bill to let us carry on campus!
    Last edited by 429421Cowboy; 03-11-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Grand Master

Sturdy shoes and clothes are a given, my habits and job require them.
    A Cold Steel Voyager and a Leatherman Sidekick for cutlery, a AA LED flashlight for illumination, a smartphone for information and a KelTec P3AT or a Colt Defender as social equipment for when diplomacy fails. I don't wear a cap unless the weather calls for it-which is increasingly common these days.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

I never leave the house without fire and a blade.

Gear

Boolit Master

Going to work and going elsewhere are almost two different lives. My job is professional in an oilfield environment so casual wear is normal.

Work: Company camo or NRA baseball cap, specs, easy open Buck knife, ball point pen, iPhone, safety boots. Portable XM/Sirius radio if I'm gong anywhere that day. It's a long way between offices and radio stations.

Everywhere else: .40, the same Buck knife, cap or hat depending on expected exposure to the desert sun. There's always water, a first aid kit, para cord and other survival items in the truck. It stays in the truck no matter where I think I'm going so it's never forgotten. If I'm going hunting or slope soaring (R/C gliders) in the desert then I add a .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk with a mix of snake and big loads, snake leggings, small survival pack.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Mold
    Keys,comb,clip (money),and knife.....if going to work add smartphone.

Boolit Grand Master

Lighter, pocketknife and wallet are my essentials.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Left front pocket: Money clip w/enough to get me out of trouble or make an emergency gun buy, Victorinox Gentleman's knife for cleaning/trimming my nails/picking teeth/pulling slivers,with a Micro-Light dangling from the split ring, Benchmade Mini-Reflex (clipped to pocket) because I can't open any knife but an auto with my left hand. Right front pocket: Spare change, primary Knife-du-Jour (clipped to pocket) (currently a 3" Gerber Bear Grylls I found in the desert a couple weeks back). Watch pocket: Small, round, flat Buck knife with a super-sharp 1" blade and a bottle opener. Hip pocket: Swiss Army card wallet with IDs, essential plastic, business cards and spare keys to the house and truck. Other hip pocket: A can of chew or a Wilkinson Arms Auto-Nine, depending on the social situation. If the snoose is in a breast pocket, I'm packing the light artillery. Always a belt capable of comfortable, long-term holster support, so there may be a Colt Officers ACP IWB, or a Walther PP IWB, in which case one of the hip pockets may have a spare mag in it. Left hip has an original Leatherman in its leather case on the belt.
    The stuff in my truck could support a family of 5 under any set of emergency circumstances except nuclear holocaust (direct strike). My friends don't even question any more whether or not I might have the most arcane thing possible that can be dug out of there.
    I should at least carry a mini Bic, but got out of the habit when I quit smoking 13 years ago. Zippos require too much attention and go dry if you aren't monitoring them daily or I'd still carry one. Like someone else said, at least have a backup for my wife who could lose her lighter in the shower.
    I have a great waterproof carrier for strike anywhere matches for when I'm in the boonies hunting or fishing; it's an old Benzedrex tube, about the size of a tube of Chap-Stik.

Oh, and most days a cell phone clipped to a pocket or belt somewhere, unless it's one of the ever-increasing days that I'm feeling Reclusive and I "forget" the SOB somewhere inconvenient...

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Master

Now that I'm around the house more, a 36 s&w, spare loader, & a gerber folder I used on the boat for years. In town, 96 beretta centurion & spare mag, same knife & what ever else finds it's way into my pockets. I used to have money, but have now forgotten what that is,lol.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast