Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Frogg Toggs

In Remembrance

Frogg Toggs

Anybody else like them, I even like the caps, but gander mountain is the ONLY place I have ever been able to buy them, and no GM's in alaska. lol

Boolit Master

I like em!! I use them as rain gear on the motorcycle and they do as good or better than the $200 per piece stuff specifically made for that purpose. You just have to be REALLY careful not to let them contact the pipes because they will melt instantly!

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    I like them, Mine came from the Americade in Lake George NY. Mine are 8 years old.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

In Remembrance
    Yea, you can't back to close to the fire either. lol I use my jacket for a wind breaker on cool mornings too. The caps I wear for anything to everywhere.

Boolit Master
    I got them for packing into the mountains where I hunt most. A little lighter and I don't sweat in it like I do a PVC suit.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    I have a bass pro brand poncho that is made pretty much the same as the frogg togg stuff. Looks like the majority of the big sporting goods stores are making them now. Works out FANTASTIC, when we are all out fishing and get caught by the rain!!! And for less than 3$ a piece can't complain. (picked em up on clearance, and after an additional discount couldn't pass em up)

Boolit Mold
    I took a set to Nome, Alaska last year. Rained for 8 days straight, 40+ mph winds off the Bering sea 50 deg. Stayed dry untill I fell in the river. Rode the 4 wheeler 30 miles back to camp in the rain, but never got cold. Yes I like my "toggs".

Boolit Mold
    Try Cr*p-Mart, I've seen them in mine. I don't know about Alaska.

Boolit Master

If you search for the Frogg Toggs on the net you can often find them on sale at a good price.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    I had a e-mail from Cheaper then Dirt last week and they had a good price in them.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeerman2000 View Post
    Try Cr*p-Mart, I've seen them in mine. I don't know about Alaska.
    Our wallmart does carry one style of frog toggs, not the style I like, but they are cheaper. I have never found anybody except gander mountain that carries the caps anywhere.

I like mine, used them while deployed to NYC for Super Storm Sandy. Stayed dry in hurricane force wind and rain. I have a couple pair, I prefer them over traditional rain gear. They to me are more comfortable and don't cause me to sweat like traditional gear.

I also wear them on the truck when running calls in bad weather.
    Last edited by wvmedic; 04-24-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added info...
    NAHC Life Member, WV Citizens Defense Lague, NRA. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Bub
    They have several different types at Sportsman Guide. Pretty reasonable. Which ones do you guys like?

Boolit Bub
    Bought one of their jackets for duck hunting. W/B and has almost a micro fleece type exterior and the price is right. Some good deals online.

Vendor Sponsor

I use their chest waders fishing in the surf at Hatteras and they do a really good job. You neither get wet nor cold. Unless you fall into the surf.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.