Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Anyone near a store selling rcbs .45 pilot?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone near a store selling rcbs .45 pilot?

I have misplaced my .45 case trimmer pilot somewhere & can't find it. Midway has them in stock but shipment is 3X the amount for the pilot itself. All I need is the .45 pilot so i don't want to buy other stuff just to make the shipment worthwhile. I'd be happy to pay for the pilot & the stamp & envelope it would take to mail one of them.
    Last edited by Friends call me Pac; 03-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    PM coming your way.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Buddy
    if NVcurmudgeon doesn't have you covered I'll stop in Sportsmans Warehouse tomorrow & grab it. I hit 2 different ones a couple times a week just in passing...

Boolit Buddy
    NVcurmudgeon got in touch with me. I'm not in a rush so I asked him to check at his convienence. Thanks for the backup Doc
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Master

Doc: I didnt know SW had stores that close! Or is your daily route that long? I really miss that place since they closed the store here in N. Texas. They were the best "hunting" store by far!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    I bet if you called RCBS, they might send you one for free

Boolit Master

If all else fails, I'll chuck a piece of barstock in my lathe and make you one.

Boolit Buddy
    I just don't want to pay $15 to ship a $5 part. I have always bought from midway and would buy it there if it were not for the crazy shipping cost for an item the size of a pencil eraser.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Buddy
    Ken,

There's a SW in Salt Lake City, and there is one in Riverdale(Ogden area), they are about 40-45 miles apart, and yes I have been known to be in both on the same day(usually a Tues late, or Weds early as they get deliveries on Tues), but definitely over a weeks time I drive by each a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    Doc: I didnt know SW had stores that close! Or is your daily route that long? I really miss that place since they closed the store here in N. Texas. They were the best "hunting" store by far!

Boolit Grand Master

Was thinking I had one gathering dust but when I found it I realized it was the only collet I use anymore, something as odd as the 45Colt. Everything else gets trimmed in the Lee zip trim.
    I miss the Sportsmans Warehouse in Lewisville. Good prices, good quality stuff. Got some pretty awesome deals when they went out of business, tho.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    RCBS has two 45 trimmer pilots. One is for 45 Colt and similar calibers, the other is marked 45 R which is for the 45-70, 45-90 and so on.
    I needed one just about three weeks or so ago along with a shell holder for my RCBS TRIM PRO. I called and they sent the parts for free in about 13 days. Call customer service instead of sales. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet