RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Registration with department of state to sell a few projectiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Uptickk View Post
    freakshow,

I thought I remember you saying in a post, maybe a while back you could get a commodity jurisdiction request and be exempted if you are just casting boolits with a FFL-06. Just wanted to confirm that it has changed and you can no longer do that.

Thanks
    Correct. The State Department isn't approving commodity jurisdictions any longer. Hillary messed that up for us. I had one for a few years, but it got rejected for renewal. To put it plainly, pony up the cash as it's a cost of doing business. It's $2,250 per year but if you're in business and it's hurting your bottom line, you're really just a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxenro View Post
    I was interested in making and maybe selling muzzleloading bullets only. Still need the license? Muzzleloaders aren't considered firearms by the ATF, no FFL is neded to buy them, so why would muzzleloader bullets be covered?
    They aren't. The 06 FFL only covers ammunition and ammunition components for firearms. The ATF does not recognize blackpowder/muzzleloading firearms as firearms. You can make muzzleloading bullets without an FFL or ITAR registration. Just check your state and local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    One of the things I did not see mentioned is the fact that the more registrations and filings demanded by ATFE, DOJ and all other gov't entities that exist to infringe your Constitutional rights, the more fees and taxes they can extort which is in-turn used to further legislate more of your rights and liberties away from you.

Ironic that we are forced to fund the efforts to strip us of our rights and liberties.

smokeywolf
    Article 1, Section 8:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    Correct. The State Department isn't approving commodity jurisdictions any longer. Hillary messed that up for us. I had one for a few years, but it got rejected for renewal. To put it plainly, pony up the cash as it's a cost of doing business. It's $2,250 per year but if you're in business and it's hurting your bottom line, you're really just a hobby.
    Thank you for the confirmation.

Could it be that the gubment don't want me in bidness? Nah. Couldn't be that.

Boolit Master
    Write nice well thought out letters to all your Congress Critters - everyone of them.
    Save a copy. If you do not get a decent response in 3 months write them again reminding them of your previous letter. Make it impossible to ignore you.

Maybe we need a thread where all the casters from each state get to know each other so they can coordinate their efforts. A congress person getting mail about this subject from 20 people about the same time might realize some votes were at stake.
    Last edited by EDG; 11-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    EDG

I just got a class 6 from the ATF a few weeks ago and the agent, female, didn't think I needed one to make bullets, only to sell loaded ammo. I told her that I want to buy wholesale powder, primers etc and needed the license to do that so she went ahead and gave it to me. Never once said anything about registering with the DOS and will be a very very cold day when I do. I'm just making bullets for .50 cal black powder and 45 acp and selling them when I can, gov can go to hell far as I'm concerned!

Boolit Master
    i wonder how the economy would do if we could all just sell these items whether that be home brew, ammo or boolits etc?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbull34 View Post
    I just got a class 6 from the ATF a few weeks ago and the agent, female, didn't think I needed one to make bullets, only to sell loaded ammo. I told her that I want to buy wholesale powder, primers etc and needed the license to do that so she went ahead and gave it to me. Never once said anything about registering with the DOS and will be a very very cold day when I do. I'm just making bullets for .50 cal black powder and 45 acp and selling them when I can, gov can go to hell far as I'm concerned!
    Your IOI would be WRONG. You need an 06 ffl to manufacture 45 ACP projectiles, if it is a business.

Boolit Buddy

Cool interesting thread,

wanna have some fun, deal with the FDA kiddies,
    then to add to the fun, have a companys management and temporary hired engineers make promises to said FDA
    then said management find out they cannot do what they promised, because temp engineers from india/auto industry had no clue, to reality,in the medical field,
    now everyone comes by and dumps the mess in the maint depts. lap that is so understaffed you can work 7days a week 10-12 hr days, and still not get required stuff done, now they dump their latest mess on us,

kind of wonder how this is going to work out, remember, FDA can shut down a company if they don't play the game right,
    and retiring out, is still 2 yrs away,

welcome to my world
    best one of the month,

about unique and IMR unequal, They really did duplicate it, made it equally unobtainable

Quote Originally Posted by jimbull34 View Post
    I just got a class 6 from the ATF a few weeks ago and the agent, female, didn't think I needed one to make bullets, only to sell loaded ammo.
    A type 6 is required for manufacturing ammunition and ammunition components as defined by the GCA of 1968. Your IOI is wrong. Bullets are ammunition and you need an 06 FFL to manufacture them commercially. You also need to register with the Department of State under ITAR.

I told her that I want to buy wholesale powder, primers etc and needed the license to do that so she went ahead and gave it to me.
    That is incorrect. You don't need an 06 FFL to purchase wholesale components for resale.

Never once said anything about registering with the DOS and will be a very very cold day when I do.
    That's because the ATF can't speak about things other agencies regulate. They cannot advise about State Department issues. Furthermore, if you manufacture bullets and are not registered for ITAR, you are in violation of federal law. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us that follow the law.

I'm just making bullets for .50 cal black powder and 45 acp and selling them when I can, gov can go to hell far as I'm concerned!
    Awesome. Way to give FFLs a bad name. We are already the most scrutinized industry and don't need any more regulations. You don't get to pick and choose what regulations you want to comply with.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

This is an interesting thread. I live in Canada and we do not have these restrictions regarding ammution or component sales. Only a business licence is required, unless you are manufacturing ammunition with smokeless powder.

Thirty years ago, we had a government put firearms registration into law. It took thirty years of fighting to end having to register shotguns and rifles. My question:

Do you foresee the ITAR registration (and fees) being repealed any time soon?
    Safe Shooting!
    Steve Redgwell
    www.303british.com

Excerpt from Cold Iron by Rudyard Kipling

Gold is for the mistress - silver for the maid -
    Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
    "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
    "But Iron - Cold Iron - is master of them all."

Not a chance. ITAR is here to stay.

Live generously.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 303british.com View Post
    This is an interesting thread. I live in Canada and we do not have these restrictions regarding ammution or component sales. Only a business licence is required, unless you are manufacturing ammunition with smokeless powder.

Thirty years ago, we had a government put firearms registration into law. It took thirty years of fighting to end having to register shotguns and rifles. My question:

Do you foresee the ITAR registration (and fees) being repealed any time soon?
    If anything the idiots we have running our country will just make them even stricter,there is a reason a majority of the people here hate the guberment nowdays.

10mm, Try buying from any of the major distributor of primers and powder without a class 6. Black hills shooters supply is the distributor for CCI primers and you have to send them a copy of the class6 before they will sell to you. Don't believe me, try it and see for yourself!

There are several CCI distributors. BHSS doesn't require an 06 FFL for their wholesale catalog, only their OEM catalog. Yes I'm on file with them and several other distributors.

Live generously.

To receive our catalog, please fax or e-mail your FFL or firearms related business license toll free to 800-289-4570.

That's straight from BHSS's home page. "Firearms related business license" is not the same as an FFL.

Live generously.

Proposed changes to ITAR regitration requirements

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I'm sure there are folks who may be interested in new info and potential changes to the requirements to register for ITAR. Here is a link to the Federal Register Proposed rule changes.

Docket ID: DOS-2017-0046
    Agency: U.S. Department of State (DOS)
    Summary:

This rule will revise Categories I, II, and III of the United States Munitions List to include those items that provide the United States with a critical military or intelligence advantage or otherwise warrant control at the highest level. Removed from Category I and III are commercially available firearms and ammunition, which in most cases are available for purchase at retail establishments across the United States and around the world. These firearms and ammunition, as well as other items removed from the United States Munitions List, will continue to be controlled for export under the Commerce Control List of the Bureau of Industry and Security at the Department of Commerce. Transition from control under the United States Munitions List to the Commerce Control List will result in a net reduction in regulatory burden for the affected manufacturing and export community. Under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, U.S. manufacturers and exporters of defense articles on the United States Munitions List are required to register with the Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls and pay an annual registration fee. Under the Export Administration Regulations, there is no comparable registration requirement or fee for items on the Commerce Control List. Therefore manufacturers and exporters of only items transitioned from the United States Munitions List to the Commerce Control List, such as most commercially available firearms and ammunition, will no longer be required to register or pay a fee as part of compliance with U.S. export controls.

2Old2Play

Vendor Sponsor

Anyone able to translate that into laymen terms?
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 08-10-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy
    Government babble. They don’t know what it means
    I went to the link, there is a lot of pages of nonsense I can’t understand
    Last edited by Adam20; 08-10-2018 at 07:04 PM.

They're still working their way through it. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) is pushing to get regular commercial firearms products removed from ITAR, and out from under the State Department. They want it under the Commerce Department, where it belongs, and commercial products less regulated than they are under ITAR.

When it's all finished, they'll publish the rules. I'm a member of NSSF, and they'll issue a statement when the rule change is final, and it's been signed by the President.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Vendor Sponsor

So some one could sell projectiles (in USA, no export) with just an FFL licence and no $2200 per year ITAR........?
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast