Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Hawke Scopes

Boolit Buddy

Hawke Scopes

Has anyone used these a friend of mine just got one for his 300 win mag and it is very clear and inexpensive 4x12x50

Boolit Master
    Haven't seen much on Hawke and never seen one in person. Did read one article on them and it was okay for an economy scope. Optics weren't as good as some of the more expensive brands but that's expected. It's hard to tell about a scope from an article as they only give them a limited test and that doesn't tell us anything about how good it will be some years down the road. With optics it's like the old saying, "You pays your money and you takes your chances". Almost always you get what you pay for. For economy and reasonable service you might check out Weaver, Nikon, Burris and the more economical Leupold. These brands all have "economy" models that do good service. For light recoiling guns and more economy the Simmons and World Class Tasco have served me well. The only cheap scopes I've had many problems with have been Bushnells, the cheaper models. Some like them but I've never had a good one.

Orange county and a cabin in the mountains
    I have a Hawke scope mounted on a .22 cal. Springer pellet rifle. Hawke has a pretty good reputation with springer owners because they make several that can take the recoil from springers which most rifle scopes cannot. It is for this reason that I own one and I have been happy with it. Killed a few hundred squirrells with it and shoot the gun pretty much on a daily basis. It would not be my FIRST choice for a centerfire rifle however. I shoot Leupold for centerfire. Having said that I don't think you would miss much with a $200 Hawke mounted on a servicable gun. I know it's a rare event when I miss a squirrel but It is a pretty fine pellet gun that I have.

Boolit Buddy

I own 2 of them and they are EXTREMELY bright and clear optics. I've got the SIDEWINDER 6-24X50 SR PRO on my 25 cal Benjamin PCP rifle and a SIDEWINDER 4.5-14x40 MIL DOT on my 5.56 Hi Power competition rifle. They are very nice scopes.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the information
    James Madden

Boolit Bub
    Have not used or even seen one of the Hawk scopes. Be interesting to hear more results from those who have them.

Banned

I put a 4-12x40 on a Siamese mauser I have in 348 winchester. It is the clearest/brightest $140.00 scope I've ever used!

Boolit Master

I have four if them now. Two cheaper versions on air guns in 4x got me started and they are holding up fine on springers. A 3x9 on a 22 magnum and I just picked up a new version sub sonic 22 LR ranging. OMG is it clear and its adjustments and tracking are superb!!! I am VERY IMPRESSED nad this WILL NOT be my last HAWKE!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Got one in AR10, no issues so far

I have a Hawke 2-7x32 on a .250Sav. Encore BBL, and it so far it works very well! It's a bit heavier than most 2-7's, but it features a lighted reticle. The optical quality is excellent with a focus adjustment on the eye piece and precise windage and elevation "click stops". While there is little recoil from the .250Sav, the scope seems to be very rugged. Hawke scopes have a life time warranty, but only for the original owner (the dealer who sells a lot of them says this is soon to change!). I've looked at several models in their line and they also cover the higher power 30mm tactical scopes with some impressive offerings. It's hard to beat the price of their scopes, feature for feature. I would rate them above most, if not all, the economy models of most other manufacturers in their price range. Time will tell if they hold up to the abuse of our American hunting conditions.

Banned
    If you get an older model tasco they arent bad scopes decent optics and reasonable prices too.

Boolit Bub
    I have a couple sidewinder 30s. They are a decent scope. I did manage to have issues with one of them. It was on my AR50 50bmg for close to 500 rounds under it. I sent it back to Hawke and about a week later i had a brand new scope at my door. I would buy again if the right deal came up.

Adam