Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Faster way of seating cores ?

Supe,

I am interested, if you are willing to ship them to Philippines, please let me and will pay you via Paypal.

Thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    Taminsong- PM sent

Supe

Was just curious how much these trays were, because I wouldn't mind getting one for when my dies get here....... Saw the price posted for that one made years ago for a short period of time with a $300ish price tag. For that price I could go buy my own drill press, a bunch of lucite, some drill bits, and make a couple myself and still come out ahead on the money side of things. I may just do this anyway to give me something to do while I wait... but thought I'd ask.

Boolit Buddy
    USMCamp0811- Complete set (one upper tray, one lower tray and fence) $75.00 shipped to the 50 states (USPS flat rate box). Extra upper $30, extra lower $20 if ordered when set is shipped. Post #41 has a link to an amateur video.
    I also was taken aback when I saw the price of the CNC machined trays. If you read through this thread you'll find the drill size, post #21 I believe. I did make a radius chamfer tool out of a 1/2" bolt but you can buy radius chamfer center drills that will work. They are rather aggressive. I tried sheet PVC, acrylic and some weird stuff that was way to heavy and not bonder friendly. I settled on PVCX. It's light and machines easily and is bonder friendly. I used this project as an excuse to buy the tools I needed to make ONE SET FOR ME. Oh well. It'll be some time before I break even but sales weren't why I made the first one. If you have any questions how I make 'em, PM me and I'll answer any questions. Obviously I'm not in it for the money. Matter of fact it kept me from the range for a few weeks. Just killing time waiting for my dies. I've already purchased all kinds of do-dads and thing-a-ma-jigs to aid my swaging. Waiting is almost as expensive as the swaging stuff.
    Supe

Boolit Master

Pm inbound. I want a set.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Frosted Boolits

I purchased a setup from Supe47 and it looks great! Very well made. I haven't had a chance to try it out but when I do I will be sure to report back.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Supe,

PM replied. Please hurry, the cost of ice cream to bribe the kids are getting expensive, much better to buy your trays, lol!

Boolit Master

Got my trays yesterday afternoon. These are very well made. I was very impressed with the quality. After trying them out, I only had three go in wrong side up of of 160. Way cool. The spacing is enough so my sausage fingers are able to easily grab the jackets/cores.

Straight shooter for sure!
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Guys if you don't know this after you have your cores swaged you can use the trays to position them for point forming. Just drop in the swaged jackets and cores shake and they are all sitting ready to go into the point die no flipping and turning. Just another time saving feature. These trays take a lot of the time it takes to swage bullets away.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    When I get my cnc mill running (in a few weeks I hope), this will definetly be on my to do list. Need to check and see what prices are on some plastic?

thanks,
    Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I use 1/2" PVCX, it's lighter than PVC, works easy and is bonder friendly. I use a custom made radius cutter for the "funnel" but radius center drills are available. The hardest part was finding a template for hole positioning. I just happened to find a surplus punch block with 0.234" that looked like it would work as a guide. A CNC mill would handle that problem. I make my trays with a table saw and a drill press, crude but workable. If you have any questions PM me and I'll tell what I've learned so far. Good luck.
    Supe

Guys, this tray really works! I just received mine and immediately tried it and it works so fast! time saving and efficient.

Thanks to Supe for this gadget.

You have to be very patient in drilling those holes to make one, so for me its worth the money!

I agree taminsong I have tried to drill holes in a pattern it never fails I will get one off sooner then later. I thanks for posting how it worked for you wondering if I was impress easy lol. If you did not read one of my other post you can also run the seated cores in the tray for faster pick ups to point form saves the time of flipping them. This and my auto eject has speeded up my swaging greatly.

well I tell you what this step is the most boring part of swaging for me I cant believe it has not got more hits. I guess if you have nothing else to do or just swage a few bullets a week your good. The way I look at it was going to be the breaking point of swaging any amount of bullets. Boys and girls I tell you there is more to life then stuffing cores in jackets get you a tray and then go out and see what in the world to shoot lol.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    the time it takes to put a core in jacket is not really a big deal to me... i am not in a big hurry, it is all relaxing to me and i enjoy every part of it...

Boolit Buddy
    bump for reference.

Boolit Bub
    Still have those trays?

Boolit Buddy
    A few of the last run still left. I used the trays as my "waiting for my dies" project. Idle Hands Are the Devil's Playground.
    Last edited by supe47; 08-16-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Would like to order one set. Just shipping will be to the netherlands.

Boolit Buddy
    ronaldod-PM sent.
    Supe

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast