Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: GB status board/sticky

Boolit Buddy

GB status board/sticky

I'm no genius, but it has occurred to me that a lot of the traffic on this particular board right now is about when a particular GB is due to arrive or how much longer it will be. It might be useful to create a sticky with a table in it that maintains this info and the Honcho updates it as necessary. For example:

Mold Name Honcho Date Submitted Est Delivery Date Last Updated
    311284 4x JohnSmith 1-Oct-07 1-Jan-08 15-Oct-07
    429421 6x Schmuckatelli 24-Sep-07 24-Mar-08 27-Nov-07

Seems this would keep people informed and let them know when to expect what. Honchos would only need to update as necessary. Perhaps Honcho could send info to Mod(s) and they be the one to actually update the sticky.

Other columns that might be useful are Manufacturer, Remarks, link to GB thread, etc.

Just a thought.

Josh
    Last edited by 0802; 08-08-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    Column 5

*Expected delivery from lee*

* Right before or right after the second coming*

I have had the same thoughts IE group buy clipboard...if it gets goin i will gladly place the two buys I am waiting on lee to deliver to me for distribution.

Boolit Buddy
    OK, so I can't make the table formatting look like I intended on the forum. I'm sure someone who is much more web/computer savvy than me can make it look right. A nice organized table with rows and columns and such was what I intended.

Boolit Buddy
    acctual i was thinking the same thing but make making a link to LEE GP molds and a link to NEI GP molds and everytime a gb got sent to the manf it went down in the order they went it,,, so we could semi track the buys we were in on against ones that were still ongoing/out there.. and make it a noreply sticky/ or restricted so only a mod or honcho could post to it,,, to keep things in order tidy... possable a report card sotra thing,,, the date it was sent vs the lead time given.. vs the acctual time it took to get the mold to the honcho's doorstep .. if the mold was underspec ..inspec.. useable.... grossly out of tol. and had to be returned ect ect..

* i've been looking back trying to figure out where a buy i'm in on is due in against others that are out there and it's very hard to keep up and confusing,,, when there are group buys that i have no intrest in so i never look at them,,, so i don't know if my buys are infront of or behind them and who's buy is due in next ect ect*

After the buy is all done is it going to disappear off the board or stay there?
    If it was going to stay there I would like to see what the buy was worth even estimated so that we all get to see how much is spent on the group buys.
    This may also give a person a little leverage when asking other mould makers for prices. They could come on the sight and see how many group buys, moulds per buy and the cost.
    Just a thought. Ken
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Buddy
    I'll personaly say leave it stay there as a benchmark...

Boolit Buddy

great idea

Sounds like a great idea.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I am all for de-cluttering and simplifying tracking.
    From a pm from No 1 :
    "Create a sub-forum under the group buy forums that might be named something like "Closed but not completed Group Buys". This sub forum would be for GB's that are closed but not completed. It would allow those who are involved in those GB's to keep up with them. The GB honcho would still be responsible for updating and responding to the members.

We have talked before about GB sticky's that crowd the GB forum. If we only keep the open for business GB's under the regular forum it wil keep that forum clean. Once a GB closes it is moved to the sub-forum until it is indicated complete at which point it can be un-stuck and moved back to the regular forum for it's trip to the archives."

What do you think?

I will certainly do whatever I can,but the Honcho's need to keep us informed in order to facilitate the tracking.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    he he Umm again * i'm just a single member here * but i'd say leave the sitcky on the buy- tracking information not the sticky as in what group buy and I'm want in on this buy up for say a year as a tracking/report card on how well our needs are being meet * as in if lead times are get'n better ,mould quality ect ect*..... lock it so just the honcho's can up date it but the adv user cant reply to it * to keep it tidy* at the end of the year unsticky it and let it float down for archiving .

I'm grabbing numbers out of thin air here,,, but i would think they would be less than 50 group buys in a year..... thats what about 2 pages in the sticky?

I think the honcho's would keep the members informed * it would be to they're benifet rather than having every tom ,dick& harry pming them and bringing the threat back to the top,,,, to track it/ on where is this buy at?*

for what it's worth thats my 2 cents

Boolit Buddy
    One of the potential additions I thought of was to insert a link to the group buy thread (that was at one point a sticky) on the status board. That way, the original thread would be easy to access, but not cluttering up the forum. One wouldn't have to search for the thread to a GB, a link to it would be right there alongside Date Submitted, Est Delivery Date, etc. Just imagine another column on the right of the table with a hyperlink to the original thread.

I don't know if the software would support it, but if we can put a man on the moon . . .

Josh

Boolit Master

Hey guys, we can sure post when the checks goes to Lee, when it clears the bank whatever, but nobody can give us an honest 'update' from Lee as they won't. Call 'em all you want, they just tell you it's coming, or it's number 9 trillion in que or something useful like that. I don't think they can tell us, they don't really know. They're ready when they're ready and at least all the one's I've done the only notification I get is when I come home and there they are! Wadda ya know!

But I'll be happy to post what I can to some thread or however it is worked out.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Hey guys, we can sure post when the checks goes to Lee, when it clears the bank whatever, but nobody can give us an honest 'update' from Lee as they won't. Call 'em all you want, they just tell you it's coming, or it's number 9 trillion in que or something useful like that. I don't think they can tell us, they don't really know. They're ready when they're ready and at least all the one's I've done the only notification I get is when I come home and there they are! Wadda ya know!

But I'll be happy to post what I can to some thread or however it is worked out.

Cat
    @ Catshooter I don't think there is person/ member on the board that doesn't think the honcho's go out of they way to keep us informed..... and that you as the honcho's are at LEE's mercy as far as giving you a firm date/ update on when a buy will be done I hope that ... that wasn't emplyed as I don't think that was ever the case and I'm sorry IF it came across that way thats not the way it was ment

I just ment maybe we could get something from the honcho's stating

the buy was sent to LEE today xx xx o7
    Lee quoted x days/months lead time

then when the molds come in then post * they are here and they are good or they are here and out spec gota go back* and how close they are/were running to the quoted lead time....... so we can use them as benchmarks against other group buys made in a/the same time frame

this was never ment to be any sorta bash against any of the honcho's * you guys all go Beyond the Call of Duty* especicaly when the buys don't run so smoothly... i'm sure it's no fun on your part,,,,, having all the headaches/as stress on something you have very little controal over,,* some have said they will never honcho again* other enjoy it...

In the end I think all we want is someway to track the progress of the buys..... without trying to have to sift throught all the threads,,, to find the buy we're in on... just have it in one central location

Boolit Master

You're solution sounds great to me 45 Nut.

As far as the honchos updating, I don't see there is much we can do till we hear from Lee. My take on it is that the more I bug Lee the only thing they might do is rush my order and as many problems as they have been having I would rather they take their time and hope they get it right. I know there are orders that went in before mine and as long as those haven't been delivered I know mine is still in the queue.

But 45 Nut's idea of a sub forum so you could at a glance if there has been any activity on a group buy seems a real handy idea to me.

Boolit Buddy
    This was never meant to suggest the Honchos are doing anything less than what they ought to be. If that is how this was perceived, I apologize. Honchos do a lot of work for nothing.

All it was meant to suggest is that there might be a more effective way of displaying the information that Honchos already have been getting from Lee or already had. What I was suggesting was one easy to reference thread where one might to go to look to get an update on the GBs they are involved in without having to find the GB thread for each individual GB. I personally find it difficult to keep track of what order they were sent in and what I "ought" to expect next.

This was not meant to be a crystal ball, but rather an attempt to see who's next in line and how far back in line they are.

Josh

Boolit Master

For what it's worth - would it be advantageous to also have a column for the total price of the group buy, not including freight? By this I mean the amount that the manufacturer receives - not the total of the checks paid to the Honcho. Seems like it may be an inducement for some competition for our business - and might help Lee by taking off some of the backlog by sending it to other suppliers.

I wouldn't want this at all is if it was seen as detrimental to the Honchos. They do way too much for no reward as it is. In fact - probably the Honchos' mold should also be covered in the cost of the buy, particularly when they help develop the mold specs.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Boolit Master

Absolutely no offense taken. If there was an edge to my post, I am sorry. I do seem to get alot of PMs asking me the status of one post or another, and I don't know, any more than they do. Which can be frustrating as I want to help and can't.

45Nut, that does sound like a good idea.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)