WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: dillon 450

Boolit Mold

Red face dillon 450

i set up my dillon 450, for cast loading on my 375 H&Hs i am very pleased. no sloop in a tool head here. the only thing i need, is a belling sleeve in the powder measure. will a sleeve from the 375 super mag. work? any help would be nice.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I would think so... but a call to Dillon would verify it 100%. They have never failed me.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Cast Boolits Owner

You may try one for 375 Winchester. You use to be able to buy that item for around ~$10 by itself. I have bought many different ones once I figured the shell plates fit more than 1 round (I know I am kind of slow).

R.

Quote Originally Posted by 458lott View Post
    i set up my dillon 450, for cast loading on my 375 H&Hs i am very pleased. no sloop in a tool head here. the only thing i need, is a belling sleeve in the powder measure. will a sleeve from the 375 super mag. work? any help would be nice.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned

I dont think the one from the 375 win will bell the case mouth. Its a little slow but what i do loading cast rifle loads on the 550 is size and primer then tumble the lube off and bell with a M die on one of my single stage presses then finish the loading on the 550. Never bothered me as i seldom load more then a couple hundred cast rifle loads at a time anyway. If you want to do it with the measure im sure you could even take a 41 mag belling die and set it to just barely bell the very to of the case neck. I know when i firts started loading 475s i used a 500 powder bushing.

Cast Boolits Owner

I will take out the caliber conversion and look at it today. I thought it bell'd mine...
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Nope, won't work. I would have thought it would. Here is a link to a chart on what works with what :

http://brianenos.com/dnld/550_crossover_caliber.pdf

Cast Boolits Owner

It may not be listed on any chart that it will work but I really think it will.

As you know on the Dillons, the conversions for all the bottle neck cases use a "reverse" cone powder funnel that fits OVER the case mouth where the straight wall cases (pistol and rifle) use a powder funnel that fits IN the mouth of the case. I do not see why a powder funnel that is designed to fit inside the mouth of a straight wall cartridge with a .375 diameter bullet will not fit inside the mouth of a bottle neck cartridge designed for a .375 bullet. When I get home I will take a picture and measurements then post the findings.

As Ken has said, give Dillon a call, speak to a tech, tell them what you are thinking and see what they say....

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ron brooks View Post
    Nope, won't work. I would have thought it would. Here is a link to a chart on what works with what :

http://brianenos.com/dnld/550_crossover_caliber.pdf
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

I do as Lloyd Smale does: size and decap in the A-3, then trim-deburr-clean, as necessary. This makes a good break point in the sequence; loading can proceed later.

I prime some cases with an RCBS bench tool, others in the Dillon. But, the M-die goes in station one of the 450. Then, it's charge (Redding measure and LED spotlight for visual check), seat and crimp (again, if necessary). As Lloyd says, this works fine for short runs of rifle loads.

Mark

Cast Boolits Owner

Dang it all to megatroids!

After an hour of digging in boxes, I found the 375 win conversion kit but when I opened the box the powder funnel was not there so I will be taking 45nut's advice tomorrow and give Dillon a call for a free replacement! Once it arrives I will post again.
    Don't ya hate it when you cannot find something? I guess it is time to re-organize my organization.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I would think so... but a call to Dillon would verify it 100%. They have never failed me.
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    If you want to bell the case mouth you can use the powder funnel out of a 1050. It just has a straight taper on it and works for all calibers, at least from 9mm thru 45.