RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Rerun of MiHec 9mm 125 gr. four cavity HP or four cavity solid

Boolit Bub
    I got the hp pins sliding well and the mold closing easy. I casted with a regular hp pin and the penta pins. I had no issue at all with the normal hp pin but the penta pins I was having issues with the boolit sticking on the tip of pin and some did not fill in all of the way. Do the penta pins require more hear to cast properly or do I need to polish the penta pin tips?

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I've also had problems with the penta pins not wanting to release the boolits. I've had the same problem in the past with round pins that I took the screws out of, chucked them in a cordless drill and polished them with fine emery paper then cold blued them.

You can't do that with penta pins. I don't use the penta pins much although I have them for at least 1/2 dozen moulds. On the fill out, you may need to increase the heat or speed up your casting cycle. Those pins can cool down quick.
    What I tried once and it seemed to help was rub some graphite into the pins well with a Q-Tip.
    You also might try using a #2 pencil and coat the pin tips.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    For anyone who has both molds, how does this bullet compare in shape to the 359640L?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910