WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the reasons I like Midway

Boolit Master

One of the reasons I like Midway

Email Larry sent to me.

Note: This email was sent from an outgoing-only email address that is not monitored.
    Please do not reply to this message.

Dear Valued Customer,

In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.

Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.

We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.

One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.

As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

Boolit Grand Master

Nice! I just got an order from Midway yesterday and it didn't take much longer than normal for the shipping. I have noticed that my local gunshop has raised it's prices on powder quite a bit in the last little while. A pound of Unique is now $27.99. Midway hasn't gone up much at all and I am just about sick of being gouged by shops because they can. I am a firm believer in supply and demand but I can get my stuff elsewhere and that is what I told them. If I order 4lbs at a time from Midway even with the extra shipping I will still save and that is what I aim to do. Midway is a great company with great service.

Boolit Master

Got one of them letters last night myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Nice! I just got an order from Midway yesterday and it didn't take much longer than normal for the shipping. I have noticed that my local gunshop has raised it's prices on powder quite a bit in the last little while. A pound of Unique is now $27.99. Midway hasn't gone up much at all and I am just about sick of being gouged by shops because they can. I am a firm believer in supply and demand but I can get my stuff elsewhere and that is what I told them. If I order 4lbs at a time from Midway even with the extra shipping I will still save and that is what I aim to do. Midway is a great company with great service.
    Local shops gouging their valued customers is ridiculous in my opinion. The owner of the local shop I go to says he refuses to raise his prices because it is morally wrong. There are still some good people around in this crazy time.

I use them alot. I only look elsewhere when midway or my local shop doesnt have it.

Boolit Buddy
    I got one this morning
    terry

Boolit Grand Master

People know when they're getting gouged, it hurts and they remember it next time. Midway's in it for the long haul, refreshing to see an attitude like Larry's today.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I got one. I guess all of Larry's customers did. At least he cares enough to send the EM and explain
    the situation. Larry is a good businessman. I should get on somebody's list for primers. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    I didn't need to read the letter.
    There are a couple of items I check on regularly (at Midway).
    While they may be out of stock on some of the items ... and their estimate of new arrivals doesn't always prove out ... the prices for the items I watch have not gone up since 'the craziness' started.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Love Life
    I have been ordering steadily from MidwayUSA since the craziness started. On back ordered items they have usually gotten them in stock earlier than stated. Not only that, but you don't get any of that "May take 3-4 weeks to ship" jazz the other companies are claiming. They have shipped my orders in 1-3 business days. It also seems their shipping has come down.

Mr. Potterfield says "Thanks for your business." I say they have earned my business.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Well I got one also
    There still very high priced compared to the industry.

So his cost now make them a good option

Shipping is cost is better

I tried to make an order but there not answering the phone at this time.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Bub
    MidwayUSA is a great company to deal with - always has been, and their website for sheer usefulness is tops - although when I buy from them, I get charged state tax since I am in state and sometimes I hate to see the shipping charges but their prices and customer service makes up for it IMHO

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Well I have been buying from them for about 10 years and spent a few K there but they did not send me a nice guy letter.

I remember when they wanted my business and offered me a discount on my birthday. Gone now.

Oh well there are many other folks I can buy from and their shipping is less.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

In Remembrance
    I remember when Midway used to ship for free and when their entire inventory was in a tabloid size mailer I got every month. As they went more online, the mailer reduced in size and now that I think about it, I haven't gotten a mailer in a few years--no need as they have an excellent website.

I've been frustrated with Midway's shipping policies and charges in the past, but I remain a good customer, though not an exclusive one by any means. I'm good for at least one order a month from them.

When I'm in the shop reloading, I have the TV on to either the Outdoor Channel or Sportsman's Channel. Midway sponsors a number of shows that I like and that might not otherwise be aired. If this means I pay a little "extra" for some of their merchandise, then so be it because via these shows, I feel I'm getting a "lot" in return.

Bottom line is that Midway is solidly for us, the everyday gun-owner, reloader and enthusiast, and they've proven that ever since they opened their doors.

Boolit Buddy
    There shipping prices are getting better thats good that they listened to the customers to make change
    I don't see how someone can say there prices are high, on what? yes sometimes they are higher on an item I just don't see it as everything is higher when I shop I will place everything in my cart for a few differnt places shipping sales tax coupons and see who gets the order usually midway or Grafs not always though

Boolit Master

Recluse made a very good point, Midway sponsors alot in the shooting and hunting industry. Every year we go to the N*** convention, and Midway is a huge sponsor of it. From everything to the ID's to get in to having booths and all in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Well I have been buying from them for about 10 years and spent a few K there but they did not send me a nice guy letter. Thats because you're not a nice guy!!! they know an old codger when they see one!!!

I remember when they wanted my business and offered me a discount on my birthday. Gone now.
    I heard thu the Midway rumor mill, that they only offer that discount to persons who were born when birth certificates were issued!!
    Plus they seen your avatar and thought Girty was purtier!!

Now that I think of it, I haven't gotten the discount for my birthday coming up either......Alright George...did you have anything to do with that????

Oh well there are many other folks I can buy from and their shipping is less.

Boolit Master

I like Midway and order from them frequently. Mainly because of their product selection and the fact that they sponsor a lot of shooting sports and outdoor shows. I wish their shipping costs were more in line with other vendors, but I can live with that. Nice to see that they are no going to participate in the gouging! Good on ya' Larry!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Got the email too. Not gouging will go a long way after the madness subsides.
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master
    I try to buy local when I can. I love just hanging out in GOOD gun shop, there's nothing like it. But they are hard to come buy and fading away.

However, there are times when I do buy on the internet due to availability or just plain ol' "dang that price is out rageous!". That's when I like to support Midway for supporting shooters with great shows on TV. And for Dillon, I like to support Brian Enos for supporting shooters with a great forum.

It's not always about price, service and support goes a long way. Other retailers should take note.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    I like their return policies also, I once brought a lee primer tool, the one on the press. The small primer section was broken. Instead of just replacing the broken section they sent me a new one and said keep the old parts. Another time I brought 3 10/22 25 rounds mags, aftermarket. They jammed a lot. Midway took them back and gave me a refunds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast